Lost Entire Air Stack on Defending Patrol

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Lost Entire Air Stack on Defending Patrol

So, I just lost 7 rocket fighters on a defending patrol (enemy patrol ticked first) against 2 fighters and 2 bombers. I overlapped my patrol within 30 seconds of the enemy patrol tick, and then lost my entire stack of rocket fighters in one go. I've attached screenshots of the paper and enemy stack.

Game #3088968, I am playing as Tibet.
      Images
      • Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 8.00.49 PM.png

585.88 kB, 703×488, viewed 9 times
      • Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 8.00.33 PM.png

292.52 kB, 732×295, viewed 5 times
    • 25clash8 wrote:

bug then there's no other explantion cause u can't lose 7 rokcet fighters agianst two bombers and two fighters in one patrol unless your rocket fighter were out of range which they got destoryed in truck convoys
      Yes there’s a lot of bugs with air units right now.
      If I had Canadian Soldiers, American Technology, and British Officers, I would rule the world. -Winston Churchill
      FORUM GANG Second Lieutenant :00000461:
      CALL OF WAR TECHNICIAN THIRD GRADE
    • They had a replacement policy before, for the carrier bug. Why have they rescinded that policy?

Also, not asking for replacement of troops that "would have not been lost but for this bug", that's clearly not feasible. Just asking for the 7 rocket fighters that were lost specifically due to this bug.

Also, my in-game enemy corroborated the event (the post right after mine is actually his), and suggested replacement.
    • I think it’s because they have no proof if you’re lying or not. Or maybe it’s just cause too many people had these issues and they didn’t have enough people to replace them.
      If I had Canadian Soldiers, American Technology, and British Officers, I would rule the world. -Winston Churchill
    • Sgt. Cypress wrote:

They had a replacement policy before, for the carrier bug. Why have they rescinded that policy?

Also, not asking for replacement of troops that "would have not been lost but for this bug", that's clearly not feasible. Just asking for the 7 rocket fighters that were lost specifically due to this bug.

Also, my in-game enemy corroborated the event (the post right after mine is actually his), and suggested replacement.

VorlonFCW wrote:

I cannot take the time to reconstruct every single battle that has occurred in the past week and manually calculate what might have been a possible result simple because each and every combat calculation includes a random factor as well as multiple other factors. You can put army A against army B ten times in a row and each and every battle progression will be different. There are also elements of battle that may not be observed where the enemy may have had additional air forces join the battle. For me to pick all of that data out of the log, crunch the numbers with a spreadsheet and say “ok you lost twice as many planes as you might have otherwise” Is simply not practical or possible.

History will not be altered in this or any of the other thousands of claimed lopsided battles in the one week period because unpredictable battle results are an inherent part of the game. The very foundation of the combat is the random number generator which both frustrates and delights players depending on who it favors. While you may feel that your results were unexpected with this version of the game the same results were possible for each and every single player.

I realize each one of you believes your case is unique and worth a whole day of my time. However there are thousands of people with a similar demand and I am not able to devote thousands of days to this issue.
      Teburu

GER/EN Forums
      Conflict of Nations Veteran
      I suck at COW
      idk what else to put here :D
    • Edit: I just figured out that Vorlon is a volunteer, so let that knowledge temper a bit of what is below (none of it is particularly visceral though). Discussion about Bytro's update cadence and customer support mismatch still stands.

Ya I read through the thread that had that post. Unfortunately the context is different, specifically in that I said and clearly understand:

Sgt. Cypress wrote:

I also still don't understand how this differs from the case of the carrier bug and the precedent set on replacing units in that context? The same workload/investigation process required for replacement in that case is what is required here, so I'm not sure what has changed. Has Bytro significantly cut their customer support team or something? If so that's entirely understandable.

Additionally, some of the content in Vorlon's quote doesn't make much sense to me. If the paper said, "So and so lost X units at time X:XX", and at the same time, the paper indicates that "Squadron XYZ destroyed squadron ABC", it's quite clear that one battle event caused it, and if screenshots show the offending group at the same time the paper reported the attack, I'm not sure what the questions would be...

Also, appeal to RNG is just bad customer service? The bug is beyond obvious. If there's a new, no-unit-replacement policy, just say that and apologize for the poor customer experience.

Finally, this quote is simply ad-hominem (implying unfounded entitlement) and hyperbole:

VorlonFCW wrote:

I realize each one of you believes your case is unique and worth a whole day of my time. However there are thousands of people with a similar demand and I am not able to devote thousands of days to this issue.

I understand that Vorlon (and the customer support team) is frustrated and overwhelmed, but the general approach to customer service probably needs addressed. If Bytro is going to keep up this rapid update cadence, they need to either up their testing, customer support, or both. And believe me, as an owner of a software company, I understand this tension!

Anyway, I'm fine not getting units back, but I would like to see Bytro get their act together a bit re: customer service and testing. Their games are great and I would like them to survive. : )

The post was edited 3 times, last by Sgt. Cypress ().

• I am not sure where the idea of unit replacement came from. We do not add units to maps. Verifying a claim that a combat action unfolded differently than the user expected given the multitude of factors and the random combat result of every single combat calculation is not possible in any way shape matter or form. I am not about to pick winners and losers manually and change the results that the game provides. While you may not expect the combat results that you received the simple fact of the matter is that unexpected results are a standard part of the game due to the X factor. If the results of your combat operation is “more” unexpected than usual this is not something that I can change for you.

The standard approach for bugs and issues is that they can be resolved going forward, but the manpower to alter past events is not available. This is the way the game has always operated and changing things for just one player is inherently unfair to other players who may have experienced the same thing yet did not write an essay about it.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<

The post was edited 1 time, last by VorlonFCW ().

• Sgt. Cypress wrote:

VorlonFCW wrote:

I am not sure where the idea of unit replacement came from.
      When the carrier bug was resulting in lost stacks of air units a year or so ago, I personally had something like 10 naval bombers replaced in a game where the bug affected me.
      Yeah, that happened to me too. I got a few interceptors and a naval bomber replaced.
    • Sgt. Cypress wrote:

VorlonFCW wrote:

I am not sure where the idea of unit replacement came from.
      When the carrier bug was resulting in lost stacks of air units a year or so ago, I personally had something like 10 naval bombers replaced in a game where the bug affected me.
      with that bug it was possible to resolve the issue on a wide scale. This issue is much different.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • This happened again, but with ground units this time. See here for description and proof, via newspaper, that it occurred. It happens when units enter an enemy patrol radius right as that patrol ticks. This is undoubtedly a bug, and is easily verifiable via screenshots.

Unit replacement makes a lot of sense here.

Please cross reference the two events in these threads so the issue can be fixed.