New Building Ideas

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Building Ideas

So I have 2 new buildings ideas:

1.Hospitals. I know this has been suggested before but I just wanted to explain it a bit more. So there are 5 levels, level 1 repairs 2% troop morale every hour, lv.2 is 3% lv.3 is 5%, lvl.4 is 7%, and lvl.5 is 10%. However, the building requires 500 food, 2000 goods, 1000 metal, 5000 money to build. Daily upkeep is 25 food and 150 goods, cause they need a lot of supplies.

2.Bridge. Bridges can connect land separated by water. So this I kinda complicated: every time you connect two dots on the ocean, it costs $5000, then the next segment (next 2 dots connected) will cost $10,000, then $15,000, and so on, increasing by $5000 every time. So a bridge across the aAtlantic will cost about a million dollars. Basically, bridges also have 5 levels. Level 1 can allow 3 troops on it at a time(per segment-basically a segment would be the ditance between two consecutive dots). Level 2 will allow 5 troops on it at a time. Level 3 will allow 8 troops on it. Level 4 will allow 12. Level 5 will allow unlimited. Bridges can be damaged by planes and artillery. If a bridge gets destroyed, all troops on it fall into the ocean and lose 75% of their morale, and then the troops that are still alive will turn into a convoy, where they will be vulnerable to naval ships.. You can also use economic sabotage on it, which can be useful if your enemy has a lot of troops on the bridge. It has no daily upkeep. Troops on bridges can be attacked by battleships and cruisers, but subs and destroyers do nothing.

Any comments/ideas?
      If I had Canadian Soldiers, American Technology, and British Officers, I would rule the world. -Winston Churchill
      FORUM GANG Second Lieutenant :00000461:
      CALL OF WAR TECHNICIAN THIRD GRADE

The post was edited 5 times, last by Killer8282 ().

• Ok, I believe that hospitals are a great idea and if it is to be implemented. There will be no initial repairing of any percentage without hospitals. Do you mean 2% total morale or 2 % of the total morale??? Because I will say that hospitals are a bit overpowered from what you are stating here... Even if it is 2% of the total instead of out of 100. So I will make it 2% of the total. I would say level 1 2% level 2 2% level 3 4% level 47% level 5 10%. Think about it, level 5, your units can stay for just 4-5 hours and leave with full health which is a bit too OP. I would love it if it goes that way.

Bridges are a bit off... $200 000 only for building a bridge through the Atlantic??? The cost should increase by at least 500% because it is scientifically hard and gives an advantage. Like the limitation on unit amount on the bridge...you will have to make it faster than just sending in convoys. Sabotaging with units on it will turn the units into convoys or just disappear? I guess it's too powerful that way? Also, shared map must be given to the country you are linking to... OR
      you clear the province you are directly landing the bridge on first so it will not act as a path of direct attack, but will act as a path for reinforcement. Naval units with exception to destroyers and subs can destroy it slowly. Attacking on the bridge is not possible...you will be directed immediately to convoys...
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Ok, I believe that hospitals are a great idea and if it is to be implemented. There will be no initial repairing of any percentage without hospitals. Do you mean 2% total morale or 2 % of the total morale??? Because I will say that hospitals are a bit overpowered from what you are stating here... Even if it is 2% of the total instead of out of 100. So I will make it 2% of the total. I would say level 1 2% level 2 2% level 3 4% level 47% level 5 10%. Think about it, level 5, your units can stay for just 4-5 hours and leave with full health which is a bit too OP. I would love it if it goes that way.

Bridges are a bit off... $200 000 only for building a bridge through the Atlantic??? The cost should increase by at least 500% because it is scientifically hard and gives an advantage. Like the limitation on unit amount on the bridge...you will have to make it faster than just sending in convoys. Sabotaging with units on it will turn the units into convoys or just disappear? I guess it's too powerful that way? Also, shared map must be given to the country you are linking to... OR
      you clear the province you are directly landing the bridge on first so it will not act as a path of direct attack, but will act as a path for reinforcement. Naval units with exception to destroyers and subs can destroy it slowly. Attacking on the bridge is not possible...you will be directed immediately to convoys...
      Ok, so for the bridges, maybe the first segment is $5000,the next is $10000, then $15000, and so on, so the longer you build, the more money you spend.
      If I had Canadian Soldiers, American Technology, and British Officers, I would rule the world. -Winston Churchill
    • Killer8282 wrote:

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Ok, I believe that hospitals are a great idea and if it is to be implemented. There will be no initial repairing of any percentage without hospitals. Do you mean 2% total morale or 2 % of the total morale??? Because I will say that hospitals are a bit overpowered from what you are stating here... Even if it is 2% of the total instead of out of 100. So I will make it 2% of the total. I would say level 1 2% level 2 2% level 3 4% level 47% level 5 10%. Think about it, level 5, your units can stay for just 4-5 hours and leave with full health which is a bit too OP. I would love it if it goes that way.

Ok, so for the bridges, maybe the first segment is $5000,the next is $10000, then $15000, and so on, so the longer you build, the more money you spend.
      Yes, that sounds really great but I still believe in the hospital...
      BeaveRyan

• Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Killer8282 wrote:

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Yes, that sounds really great but I still believe in the hospital...
      I changed it for the hospital. Check the description again.
    • Honestly, the ability to build a bridge across an ocean is not feasible even today, much less in the 1940s. Assuming it's remotely possible, the cost would be greater than your income would ever be in a game.

As far as hospitals are concerned, I'd go for field hospitals, boosting the 15% repair rate to 20% if in a stack. Or if they extended that repair to territories you do NOT control.
      Jacques Thomas
      Game Operator
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | Call of War
    • Killer8282 wrote:

Display Spoiler
      2.Bridge. Bridges can connect land separated by water. So this I kinda complicated: every time you connect two dots on the ocean, it costs $5000, then the next segment (next 2 dots connected) will cost $10,000, then $15,000, and so on, increasing by $5000 every time. So a bridge across the aAtlantic will cost about a million dollars. Basically, bridges also have 5 levels. Level 1 can allow 3 troops on it at a time(per segment-basically a segment would be the ditance between two consecutive dots). Level 2 will allow 5 troops on it at a time. Level 3 will allow 8 troops on it. Level 4 will allow 12. Level 5 will allow unlimited. Bridges can be damaged by planes and artillery. If a bridge gets destroyed, all troops on it fall into the ocean and lose 75% of their morale, and then the troops that are still alive will turn into a convoy, where they will be vulnerable to naval ships.. You can also use economic sabotage on it, which can be useful if your enemy has a lot of troops on the bridge. It has no daily upkeep. Troops on bridges can be attacked by battleships and cruisers, but subs and destroyers do nothing.
      Any comments/ideas?
      Better a tunnel through the Atlantic instead of a bridge - so the troops don't get wet if it rains

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Hospitals should not have healing tik more often then each 12 hours. Also level 1 schould have same healrate like now without hospital. Each level 50 % more. Per day, not hour.

And sure submarines and destryers can shot torpedo on the bridge and so one shot land unit above.
    • if you’re implementing healing; then maybe a fixed HP value instead of %
      and while we’re on it: i’d love to see a stacks total HP instead of just „oh yes that stack has x% morale“
      might as well copy the healing mechanics of CON tbh
      Teburu

GER/EN Forums
      Conflict of Nations Veteran
      I suck at COW
      idk what else to put here :D
    • Guys, this has been proposed and rejected multiple times in the past because entire units, i.e., battalions, brigades, regiments, squadrons, etc., do not go to the hospital. Conceptually, that's just goofy. Individual wounded soldiers go to the hospital, and may or may not ever return to battle. Dead soldiers get buried.

The 15% daily restoration of unit battle damage already embodies this concept. Each damaged unit receives replacement soldiers for its lost personnel (and damaged equipment). That's why every unit has a daily manpower upkeep requirement, just like food and oil (if it's a motorized unit). These replacements include newly trained noobies from the homefront, as well as veterans returning from hospital.

A game played on this level of abstraction and mid-level of detail (ground units varying in size from 625 to 1,300 men) does not need a "hospital" for entire units.

The post was edited 3 times, last by MontanaBB ().

• I mentioned your ideas to my general staff. They were receptive to the hospital idea. When I brought up the idea of bridges .... across the Atlantic ....... they fitted me out for a new CiC jacket, very white but the buckles are all at the back, and my arms are crossed in front of me ..... and this new office is real funny, padded walls and no furniture ... hello??
    • war-play wrote:

1.Hospitals.
      See conflictnations.com/

2.Bridge.
      See supremacy1.com/
      Thanks, @war-play, but what they do over at Conflict of Nations isn't really relevant. Sure, the development companies are sister subsidiary companies under common ownership. Yes, the CoN developers borrowed the conflict resolution engine from Bytro, which had originated the basic software (which is quite good) in Supremacy 1914.

That said, adding "hospitals" to Call of War, a game with its current level of detail and abstraction, as a building to send entire units for "repair" or "healing," makes no damn sense whatsoever for the reasons I already stated above.

Adding "bridges?" Why? On the current CoW maps, there are presently no rivers and precious few sufficiently narrow other bodies of water to be conceptually bridgeable. Like what, the Bosporous? Like the English Channel? The Bosporous was not bridged until 1973, with a modern suspension bridge technology. The English Channel has never been bridged and probably never will; France and Britain were connected via the Channel Tunnel in 1994, but the Chunnel cost $10 billion and six years to build -- not under wartime conditions. Gibraltar and North Africa will never be bridged for the simple reason ferries and short-haul passenger and cargo ships are more cost-effective.

When you ask for "bridges" in CoW, what you're really asking for is a fundamental change in the existing maps and complexity of CoW by the addition of new bodies of water -- something that does not exist in the present programming.

The great beauty of Call of War is its relative simplicity, which nevertheless does a pretty fair job of embodying the relative strengths and weaknesses of WWII-era technology, and their resulting tactics, albeit on a relatively simple level, including some necessary abstraction for ease of gameplay.
    • Jacques Thomas wrote:

Honestly, the ability to build a bridge across an ocean is not feasible even today, much less in the 1940s. Assuming it's remotely possible, the cost would be greater than your income would ever be in a game.
      Yes, this is a valid point. So then maybe there is a limit to the size of the bridge, e.g. 3 dots.
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
    • DoctorDR1 wrote:

Jacques Thomas wrote:

Honestly, the ability to build a bridge across an ocean is not feasible even today, much less in the 1940s. Assuming it's remotely possible, the cost would be greater than your income would ever be in a game.
      Yes, this is a valid point. So then maybe there is a limit to the size of the bridge, e.g. 3 dots.
      3 dots can basically connect UK to its surrounding countries which does not really make sense. Also, building a bridge through the ocean is a bit off... :)
      BeaveRyan

• Bridge is a terrible idea. No one built a bridge across the sea in war time.

Hospital has been covered quite a few times. Not absurd, but the values you give are out of whack with balancing. Making the 15% of "losses" (NOT total health) being healed every day becoming 25% at max level may make sense, but not more. I guess it could generate interesting mechanic where you bring troops to the back to refit., though it seems a bit "low level" compared to the rest of the game that is Grand Strategy.