2020-05-08 Falsely unlocked achievements and rewards

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I got achiveements, I did not checked why, I just thought I earned them. I am on a map where I just killed about 150 land units, got attacked by coalition of 5, they did not had any air protection and my 40 bombers killed a lot of troops. Then I got achievements and I had more gold that I save just in case, so I spend it. Now I have less than I keep if someone else use it.
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • I have been playing this game for 3 years and each time a bug or an accident happens you fix it and make it right. Sure I understand how giving some players 100k in free gold is unfair to everyone else but on the same hand we didn't go find "Bug" not report it and share with all friends so they could benefit from it too. If I spend gold buying resources and buy the wrong one, you don't have an erase button if I buy the wrong one or change my mind. I screwed up and I pay the price.

So don't give me something.Then take it away, say "Oops" and tell me if I spend free gold again without asking you will punish me for it. Talk about a crock of crap.

Yes I did spend the free gold but I wouldn't have spent it if I had known it was because of a "Bug" and it was going to be taken back. I guess my biggest question is "Every time you give us free gold should we wait for a disclaimer that it is okay to spend it or do we assume it was legit like today?"
    • Big Poppa1 wrote:

Every time you give us free gold should we wait for a disclaimer that it is okay to spend it or do we assume it was legit like today?
      No, you shouldn't. You should instead use your brain and ask yourself whether you earned the achievements you've been claiming. In 99% of the cases you should know that or at least have a strong feeling whether you really deserve such badges and rewards.

In my opinion Bytro's handling of this issue is totally fair.
      It's not like Bytro transferred (real-life) money to some of their customers and afterwards took it back again (even that would be justifiable). What happened is they by mistake gave some players an advantage over the rest and then evened that out again. That's fair.

patriota75 wrote:

This looks like trick, give you more gold, let you spend it and now take it away from you.
      Definitely not. Firstly, Bytro doesn't live from players spending gold, but from players buying gold. And those who were affected by this issue certainly don't tend to buy more gold now after that happened, do they? At least you don't, obviously. Why should others?
      Secondly such a data cleansing is a lot of nasty effort for an IT team. I wouldn't do that for fun.

If I also may lose one word about software development in general: It's never as easy as you'd imagine when looking at the product. Mistakes happen. Murphy's law and so on.
      From own experience during 15 years of worklife as QA, I've seen the story behind thousands of bugs. And not a single one was released intentionally. At least this one wasn't - that's obvious as anything.
      Please have a bit of understanding and patience with the development team.
    • If you do not spend it you will not buy it, or if you do not have enough gold you will have to buy it. I sped more gold by mistake than in purpose. Once I opened multiple provinces and by accident clicked gold, |I spent there about 270 k of gold I collected in 3 or 4 years ... So why don`t they have confirm button? I can imagine how someone who buys gold would feel in situation like that. And lately there is so much bugs, everybody complains about them. I do not know what is going on with that team, game is becoming worse every day we play.
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • The pettiness of people. Good grief get a life. Shit happens and you have to responsible enough to understand life, nor game is perfect. So all you snotty nose crybabies grow up and get a life. Good God, no wonder this world is crumbling and falling apart with all the self pity because someone was inconvenience. We need to send their ass to a real war to adjust their self absorbed petty BS!

I hope I offended those who need offended, so get over it.
    • Hans A. Pils wrote:

No, you shouldn't. You should instead use your brain and ask yourself whether you earned the achievements you've been claiming. In 99% of the cases you should know that or at least have a strong feeling whether you really deserve such badges and rewards.
      You talk about using your brain, so I will go a bit further and say this "how about you add a bit of common sense to this scenario". When I first started playing this game there wasn't any achievements where we got free gold. Then one day I logged on and *POOF* there were these new achievements and I got a boat load of Gold for something that was added to the game. How was any of us supposed to know this wasn't that case again?

Also while you are using your brain and trolling the forum make sure you read everything I typed, so you can see the first two sentences talks about "Why" I understand why they did what they did.

This world is going to shit because people only want to listen/read part of what someone says and troll the rest. I didn't cuss, I didn't yell, I didn't whine and cry asking for something for nothing. I just voiced my concerns in an adult and productive way. Now if you're just to stupid to understand that then a "Forum" is not the place for you and maybe you should go back to Facebook. Now that was petty but I feel better.
    • SShawk1 wrote:

I though that kind of speech is not by rules of this site. But it is always allowed against people who have different opinion than official .Mistake is made by Bytro team, and there is to many in past two months. . It do not cost me nothing , I do not pay for this game anyway. That is the reason they do not care about what I write or think. But someone who pays for this game would be pisssed for thing that are going on here.
    • Ethedor wrote:

so a weird carrier bug makes the carriers useless for days now, but when there is a database bug giving away gold there is instantly a forum post about it
      nice priorities

i want to see an official forum post about the carriers bug. is it fixed yet? when will it be fixed? can i use planes from carriers?

1. my 2 carriers each with 3 fighters were dumped at sea into a convoy unit
      2. i spent 1 day sending my convoys into an airbase to send them back into the carriers (couldnt embark them at sea 3 hours lost)
      3. when i finally reached enemy and wanted to do recon, my 3 fighters instantly died upon launch

i dont give a /*@* that you take away the gold but godamn please give an official statement about this gamebraking bug
      I"ve seen quite a few bugs in COW games I've played lately. The gold fiasco was funny and the least concerning. Units disappearing and re-appearing from maps, AI opponents acting completly out of norm, targeting some players, while ignoring others, more scarcity of resources, these subtle changes seem to have become the norm. These things are annoying. Passing out gold, I have to admit wasn't that annoying... but it is still a fun game.
    • Arcorian wrote:

UPDATE: We are currently notifying all affected players via ingame PM. The message includes the amount of gold deducted from the account in case a reward was claimed. In case the amount extents the amount of gold currently on the account, we decided to not have accounts go into negative numbers, as this is the first time this happened.

Should a similar error occur in the future, we will not repeat this though.
      Spending gold gained through an error like this will be considered exploitation of a bug and there will be no cap at 0 should the amount extend the current balance of an account.
      Dang, I thought it was just another Government Stimulus Program.... Isn't FREE MONEY the modern way?... :)
    • SShawk1 wrote:

The pettiness of people. Good grief get a life. Shit happens and you have to responsible enough to understand life, nor game is perfect. So all you snotty nose crybabies grow up and get a life. Good God, no wonder this world is crumbling and falling apart with all the self pity because someone was inconvenience. We need to send their ass to a real war to adjust their self absorbed petty BS!

I'm pretty sure most people are just ignoring the noise you make SS dude...
    • SImples.
      Some players got gold they had not earned due to an error. When the error was discovered the gold was taken back - that is fair - you don't get something for nothing. To complain that you should is pretty selfish.

Some players spent the gold they had got due to the error. They got an advantage because they spent gold. If they have no gold left, they aren't being penalised as Bytro is not moving them into negative gold territory. If they have gold left then it is reclaimed as in the above point. I can have a small amount of sympathy for someone who say had 10K gold got 10K gold and spent 10K - I'm not sure whether Bytro are reclaiming the 10K they still have - if so then they may be grumpy because they now have no gold - but they did spend 10K of their gold, so it's not as though they are being ripped off - it was their choice to spend the gold they had.

So whats all the fuss about
    • im just curious if i get gold because of a bug which caused 3 of my fighter planes instantly lost when launching from my carrier
      2284 gold just for one fighter plane cost in resources (2 resource / 1 gold, 6 money / 1 gold)
      and i would still need to build them which is 850x2=1700 gold for each plane to be manufactured instantly using gold to make it right for my lost units

which all equals 6852+5100=11952 in gold

im very sad that the achievement bug instantly gained an official forum post about it
      but a carrier bug which makes for example a historical map started as japan, investing research on carriers and planes from start, and the bug just scared me from even trying to launch planes again from my carrier after the incident for a couple of days (although i did try it yesterday and it seems to work for now) - still not getting any official post owning their mistake

edit: i mean if you take away gold because there was a problem on your end, then you should give gold or compensation for a different problem by - again - on your end (server side issue, bad inglish dont ask)

TL, DR= I WANT MY PLANES GODAMIT, FOR PEARL HARBOR AND STUFF ^^

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ethedor ().

• 2011Wolfe1102 wrote:

Umm I had this problem but at the time I was only receiving win in round achievements and while going through my achievements list claiming the gold I never saw any of the win in rounds and only claimed defeat troops and research and got 25000 gold but then I got the service message and lost 11000 of the gold that wasn’t claimed nor could be claimed from the false achievements wondering if this can be cleared up by anyone if it was the bug but I swear it wasn’t
      Hello 2011Wolfe1102

rightfully claimed achievement should be re-claimable again. Should that not be the case, please contact our customer support directly, so we can take a look at it and fix it for you as soon as possible.
      Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • Ethedor wrote:

im just curious if i get gold because of a bug which caused 3 of my fighter planes instantly lost when launching from my carrier
      2284 gold just for one fighter plane cost in resources (2 resource / 1 gold, 6 money / 1 gold)
      and i would still need to build them which is 850x2=1700 gold for each plane to be manufactured instantly using gold to make it right for my lost units

which all equals 6852+5100=11952 in gold

im very sad that the achievement bug instantly gained an official forum post about it
      but a carrier bug which makes for example a historical map started as japan, investing research on carriers and planes from start, and the bug just scared me from even trying to launch planes again from my carrier after the incident for a couple of days (although i did try it yesterday and it seems to work for now) - still not getting any official post owning their mistake

edit: i mean if you take away gold because there was a problem on your end, then you should give gold or compensation for a different problem by - again - on your end (server side issue, bad inglish dont ask)

TL, DR= I WANT MY PLANES GODAMIT, FOR PEARL HARBOR AND STUFF ^^
      Although this is not a problem for me and is slightly off-topic for this thread, I believe it can be a way to compensate for lost troops (but maybe not that much gold) and should gain more attention.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Big Poppa1 wrote:

don't give me something.Then take it away, say "Oops" and tell me if I spend free gold again without asking you will punish me for it. Talk about a crock of crap.

Yes I did spend the free gold but I wouldn't have spent it if I had known it was because of a "Bug" and it was going to be taken back. I guess my biggest question is "Every time you give us free gold should we wait for a disclaimer that it is okay to spend it or do we assume it was legit like today?"
      Ditto! ... What's are they coming up with next? My parents coming out of their graves and taking the allowance lunch money they gave me when I was a kid? ... 8)
    • Ethedor wrote:

so a weird carrier bug makes the carriers useless for days now, but when there is a database bug giving away gold there is instantly a forum post about it
      nice priorities

i want to see an official forum post about the carriers bug. is it fixed yet? when will it be fixed? can i use planes from carriers?

1. my 2 carriers each with 3 fighters were dumped at sea into a convoy unit
      2. i spent 1 day sending my convoys into an airbase to send them back into the carriers (couldnt embark them at sea 3 hours lost)
      3. when i finally reached enemy and wanted to do recon, my 3 fighters instantly died upon launch

i dont give a /*@* that you take away the gold but godamn please give an official statement about this gamebraking bug
      I know about the carrier bug, I tried to return my planes to a nearby ally air base, they had to be sent my convoy, when I pressed stop, they were convoy
      That was last week
      hi