2020-05-08 Falsely unlocked achievements and rewards

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 2020-05-08 Falsely unlocked achievements and rewards

Attention Generals!

Due to a change made to our data base today, several achievements were unlocked to players who did not meet the requirements for these achievements. As a result, gold rewards were claimable for these players. In order to keep game rounds fair for all Call of War players we have to revert these achievements and the gold rewards attached to them.

Therefore, we will revert all achievements and rewards claimed between 1:15 pm and 6:30 pm CEST on Friday, May 8th 2020.

To honor fair play with your co-players in Call of War and to avoid any additional inconveniences we kindly ask players who claimed these rewards already to not spend it in any game round!

Should you have rightfully unlocked an achievement within that time frame and do not get it unlocked again until Monday, May 11th at 3 pm please contact customer support and we will take care of that.

We hope you understand our reasoning behind this move. Please be assured that we are deeply sorry for any inconvenience because of this.

Despite all of this, we wish you a nice weekend!

UPDATE:
      We are currently notifying all affected players via ingame PM. The message includes the amount of gold deducted from the account in case a reward was claimed. In case the amount extents the amount of gold currently on the account, we decided to not have accounts go into negative numbers, as this is the first time this happened.

Should a similar error occur in the future, we will not repeat this though.
      Spending gold gained through an error like this will be considered exploitation of a bug and there will be no cap at 0 should the amount extend the current balance of an account.
      Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • so a weird carrier bug makes the carriers useless for days now, but when there is a database bug giving away gold there is instantly a forum post about it
      nice priorities

i want to see an official forum post about the carriers bug. is it fixed yet? when will it be fixed? can i use planes from carriers?

1. my 2 carriers each with 3 fighters were dumped at sea into a convoy unit
      2. i spent 1 day sending my convoys into an airbase to send them back into the carriers (couldnt embark them at sea 3 hours lost)
      3. when i finally reached enemy and wanted to do recon, my 3 fighters instantly died upon launch

i dont give a /*@* that you take away the gold but godamn please give an official statement about this gamebraking bug
    • Ethedor wrote:

so a weird carrier bug makes the carriers useless for days now, but when there is a database bug giving away gold there is instantly a forum post about it
      nice priorities

i want to see an official forum post about the carriers bug. is it fixed yet? when will it be fixed? can i use planes from carriers?

2. i spent 1 day sending my convoys into an airbase to send them back into the carriers (couldnt embark them at sea 3 hours lost)
      3. when i finally reached enemy and wanted to do recon, my 3 fighters instantly died upon launch

i dont give a /*@* that you take away the gold but godamn please give an official statement about this gamebraking bug
      I feel you man.
    • Ethedor wrote:

so a weird carrier bug makes the carriers useless for days now, but when there is a database bug giving away gold there is instantly a forum post about it
      nice priorities

it is being worked on, sorry for the inconvenience!
    • Arcorian wrote:

pjrobbo wrote:

I mysteriously unlocked 22 awards today but can't claim them. Error code -22.
      We deactivated reward claiming for the moment until the issue with the falsely unlocked achievements is fixed.
      so if I actually get a reward I won't get gold or will I still get some?
      FORUM GANG WARRANT OFFICER
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
      KNOW THE RULES!
      Call of War Game Rules
      Call of War Forum Rules
      Terms of Service

attacker 101
      Call of War Player
      EN Server | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • LNAAF wrote:

I saw that this morning and I was confused and I got 18,000 gold which I’ve spent probably 95% of it on interceptors destroyers and battleships and it feels unfair so what can you do to reverse this?
      The gold that was erroneously credited will be deducted from your account. If you do not have sufficient balance at the moment it will simply result in a negative balance. This won’t cause the world to end, simply you will need to earn or buy sufficient gold to get to a positive balance before you can use gold again.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • attacker, if you actually earned an achievement you will get the achievement and the gold reward. These things won’t be fixed until Monday, so if you have issues still on Tuesday then you can let us know.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • UPDATE: We are currently notifying all affected players via ingame PM. The message includes the amount of gold deducted from the account in case a reward was claimed. In case the amount extents the amount of gold currently on the account, we decided to not have accounts go into negative numbers, as this is the first time this happened.

Should a similar error occur in the future, we will not repeat this though.
      Spending gold gained through an error like this will be considered exploitation of a bug and there will be no cap at 0 should the amount extend the current balance of an account.
      Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • This game is comedy, you gave us gold by mistake and some of us used it, now you will take it back. Speaking of fair play, give everyone the same sum of gold, that would be fair.
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • Bytro lives for gold, everything they do is to make you spend your money on gold. This looks like trick, give you more gold, let you spend it and now take it away from you. Nice job!
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • Dear Damjan7

Today in the time between 1:15pm and 6:30pm CET a bug caused several achievements to be handed out to players who did not yet earn them.

You were affected by this bug and the achievements together with any potentially claimed rewards have been removed from your account.

We hope you understand our reasoning behind this.
      Our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
      Apologies not accepted, since I can not reply in PM I will in public. You gave me more gold, it is your fault, not mine. It looks like you gave people gold and waited them to spend it, then you took it back. Disgrace.
    • Umm I had this problem but at the time I was only receiving win in round achievements and while going through my achievements list claiming the gold I never saw any of the win in rounds and only claimed defeat troops and research and got 25000 gold but then I got the service message and lost 11000 of the gold that wasn’t claimed nor could be claimed from the false achievements wondering if this can be cleared up by anyone if it was the bug but I swear it wasn’t
    • In this case, does this mean that people who didn't have gold originally, but who got gold and used it because of this bug, won't be negative and won't change?

Hm...

Negative gold…

People who got it in a bug and abused the gold will say it was Bytro fault.

Even if the players who did not make a profit this time are compensated, it could be a big loss for the Bytro.

It's impossible to convince everyone.

In my opinion, the Bytro response to this bug is appropriate.

The post was edited 2 times, last by bewok963 ().