What? Where? How?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What? Where? How?

So you get a notification that one of your armies has been destroyed and then you search the map for where it happened. Annoying isn't it? [rhetorical question btw] Is there some way to automatically know where it happened and what killed them? The how is pretty straight forward, they ran out of hit points so they died lol.
    • Road2Victory wrote:

The Newspaper defeats the purpose of having what you said.
      I have no idea what you mean by that. Many casualty reports in the WH give no location information. This and other problems with the WH have been with us for a long time, but is low on the priority list. Since Bytro isn't likely to upgrade WH any time soon, the best you can do is to keep better track of your units. Then when you see report 'X22 has been destroyed', you'll know where it was. I know that's problematic on a large map with 300+ units but it is what it is.

A proposed unit inventory function for the user interface would help but again, not a priority.
      IDK how Bytro decides priorities but I would have thought that the User Interface would have been more important because it it is so central to players' experience. 95% of my pet peeves about CoW regard the user interface but the game design is good so I'm willing to suffer a little. :)
    • WascallywabbitCDN wrote:

So you get a notification that one of your armies has been destroyed and then you search the map for where it happened. Annoying isn't it? [rhetorical question btw] Is there some way to automatically know where it happened and what killed them? The how is pretty straight forward, they ran out of hit points so they died lol.

Restrisiko wrote:

Read the World Herald

If one or more unit(s) were killed out of a still existing army / fleet it shows the number of casualties and the army code in a column with the flag of the affected country.
      (if you dont know where the army currently is, the code can be used in the search [Ctrl + F] >> type in e.g. AB17 >> "Enter" = the screen jumps to the army)

When an army has been completely destroyed, in addition the name of the province is displayed and even linked, in a column with the flags of both combat parties.
      (click the link and the screen jumps to the province)

Only at sea the positions are not linked so far, but the sea area where the battle has been is named -- maybe it will be linked sometime in the future, but a bit of elementary school geography should adequate till then ;)

Examples (underlined text in the herald is always linked):

In some cases, for example with many losses at the same time sometimes may not report all losses, or if the correspondent accidentally dies in a battle -- but that's war; that's like in reality

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D