Morale Changes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Morale Changes

I’ve noticed that there are a bunch of features that affect morale, like distance to capitol, how many countries you’re at war with, and your neighbors. Do your allies count as neighbors, because if they do, that’s kinda... I live in Canada very close to the U.S and I (and everyone else where I live) doesn’t fear a US invasion. Also I don’t think distance to capitol should be a thing. It gives small nations an advantage. For example on 100p maps, Greece will have higher morale than Siberia because its provinces are small and the whole country is the size of one of Siberia’s larger provinces. Also, let’s say you live in California. You won’t be more scared or anything because the capitol is on the other side of the US. :)
      If I had Canadian Soldiers, American Technology, and British Officers, I would rule the world. -Winston Churchill
      FORUM GANG Second Lieutenant :00000461:
      CALL OF WAR TECHNICIAN THIRD GRADE
    • Killer8282 wrote:

Do your allies count as neighbors, because if they do, that’s kinda...
      No.

"Neighbors" are your own provinces since they effect each other with their morale.
      100 % morale --> +2;
      90-99 morale --> +1;

70-89 morale --> 0;
      60-69 morale --> -1;
      50-59 morale --> -2;
      40-49 morale --> -3;
      30-39 morale --> -4;
      20-29 morale --> -5;
      10-19 morale --> -6;
      0-9 % morale --> -7;

Killer8282 wrote:

Also I don’t think distance to capitol should be a thing.
      The morale system incl. distance to capital serves to slow the rate of conquest / expansion, making the game challanging and playable as strategic long term browser game.

>> forum.callofwar.com/complete-guide-to-rebellions-and-province-morale <<

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Although I do think the dist. from capital thing is viable, maybe perhaps the morale should be higher for core provinces? Take the Siberia and Greece example again. The furthest core of Siberia may be at around 75% morale, while the furthest core of Greece may be around 90% morale. They're all the same core, but the morale hurts their economy. I think that for core provinces, the morale should be about the same and only the ones on the edge will be affected by the neighbors morale boost/drop thing.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Little Racoon wrote:

Take the Siberia and Greece example again. The furthest core of Siberia may be at around 75% morale, while the furthest core of Greece may be around 90% morale. They're all the same core, but the morale hurts their economy. I think that for core provinces, the morale should be about the same
      I'll go for same morale for all core provinces. Morale in provinces may receive a bonus for improvements, such as fortifications ... 8)
    • Killer8282 wrote:

or example on 100p maps, Greece will have higher morale than Siberia because its provinces are small and the whole country is the size of one of Siberia’s larger provinces
      i do understand your point and agree having played world maps several times that moral when you have large provinces is already being effected on fringe core provinces due to distance from capital - would also like to see this tweaked