Making internal games viewable to alliance leader/officers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Making internal games viewable to alliance leader/officers

Since most internal alliance games are used for training, it would be awesome for at least the leader and officers that are not in the game to be able to view the game as a spectator. This would allow officers and the leader to see what is going on in the game from a "birds eye view". The officers and leader would be able to see all troops and movements to see who is doing good and who is doing not so good. We'd then be able to give advice on what they are doing good or not so good with and help players learn the game and tactics much faster.

I have spoken with several players already that think an update to be able to do this would be worth it.
      Chrisc9378
      No Souls Left Leader
      Staff Sergeant
      EN GO
    • chrisc9378 wrote:

.. allow officers and the leader to see what is going on in the game from a "birds eye view". The officers and leader would be able to see all troops and movements to see who is doing good and who is doing not so good. We'd then be able to give advice on what they are doing good or not so good with and help players learn the game and tactics much faster.
      Simply give your officer(s) some nation(s) somewhere in a corner of the map as well as Shared Map with every recruit -- has same effect and is good enough for a training map and the few times a trainings map is actually needed. :00008185:

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Restrisiko wrote:

Simply give your officer(s) some nation(s) somewhere in a corner of the map as well as Shared Map with every recruit -- has same effect and is good enough for a training map and the few times a trainings map is actually needed.
      While this would work, logistically, it would be much harder. In addition, Share Map wouldn't give all of the info that would help the officers get a complete view of the game, such as messages, spies, and economy. (And before you say you can see spy reports with Shared Intelligence, some people aren't willing to buy High Command)
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
    • DoctorDR1 wrote:

Restrisiko wrote:

Simply give your officer(s) some nation(s) somewhere in a corner of the map as well as Shared Map with every recruit -- has same effect and is good enough for a training map and the few times a trainings map is actually needed.
      While this would work, logistically, it would be much harder. In addition, Share Map wouldn't give all of the info that would help the officers get a complete view of the game, such as messages, spies, and economy. (And before you say you can see spy reports with Shared Intelligence, some people aren't willing to buy High Command)
      A good officer, who knows the game, needs nothing more than Shared Map to see what's going on.
      And in the case of an extraordinarily stupid recruit, a personal officer can form a two-man coalition with him.
      ..to tell him wich button to push next :00008359:

But both, one officer for all recruits or even building coalitions of each one recruit (noob) with one officer (experienced player -- as an observer) on a training map can done already now and is quite sufficient for practicing, so there's no need to change anything in the game just to train the noobs. ^^

• we need this totally and we need something like officers can spectate and write in newspaper too as such so they are able to give some announcements too because any alliances dont have discord yet

and we want an official COW tournament too whre all can participate on knockout basis if they already have this with gold prize and cash prize pls tell me
    • Thanks to everyone to the response here. I agree and think just having the share map with all units and movements would be enough for a leader or officer to see what is going on in the game. No need for spy intel or communications.

My alliance uses discord for example and we have a war room server just for internal games. I can monitor all chat about the game for both teams. Right now, I have to figure stuff out from screen shots of the game which is not the best option as you have to piece together the maps of both teams to come up with the overall picture of who is doing what and give advice. Plus discord chat can't be intercepted :)

So overall, just being able to see the entire map and troops and movements of both teams would be enough for me :) Let's see what the devs think about this.
      Chrisc9378
      No Souls Left Leader
      Staff Sergeant
      EN GO
    • It is hard to be objective about a game when you can see everything. In that case the “observer” would be tempted to root for one team or the other and pass information that could influence the outcome. Keeping secrets from the other team is the best part of a competitive game.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • chrisc9378 wrote:

So overall, just being able to see the entire map and troops and movements of both teams would be enough for me :) Let's see what the devs think about this.
      As said, you can already do so without having to see the developers' thoughts :thumbup:

• Hey @chrisc9378 I believe that it is awesome! As you are one of my alliance leaders, we always want to have strategic backup to our alliance sin internal game so i think "spectating" should be granted for alliance leaders. You got lots of likes. Congrats :saint: <3
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader