There should be a notification when you go inactive

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Maybe i'm alone on this but i don't mind if everyone goes inactive because then you can make more troops, fix buildings from other wars, you can get a solo win if u do it well. It reminds me of that saying you snooze you loose (i'm not exactly sure of how that saying goes but you get the idea). I can see why you would be frustrated over everyone being inactive it can be boring being the only player but there are worse things like having multiple countries being at war against you which is worse than being the only active player. I think that others overlook when you are the only active player while everyone is inactive you can get a new solo win to add in your stats which is something good. I mean would you rather be at war with 6 countries or being the only active player that can win in the match you are in. You probably see why i'm favor of being the only active player even tho it can be lonely at times.
    • I

      revengegirl wrote:

      Maybe i'm alone on this but i don't mind if everyone goes inactive because then you can make more troops, fix buildings from other wars, you can get a solo win if u do it well. It reminds me of that saying you snooze you loose (i'm not exactly sure of how that saying goes but you get the idea). I can see why you would be frustrated over everyone being inactive it can be boring being the only player but there are worse things like having multiple countries being at war against you which is worse than being the only active player. I think that others overlook when you are the only active player while everyone is inactive you can get a new solo win to add in your stats which is something good. I mean would you rather be at war with 6 countries or being the only active player that can win in the match you are in. You probably see why i'm favor of being the only active player even tho it can be lonely at times.
      I like your point of view, my problem with being the only active player is that AI nation produces 24/7 and you have to be quick to beat them before they get too powerful and also I'm not the best player anyway.
      Regna cadunt luxu surgunt virtutibus urbes!
    • I know, at the start AI are easy... but soon AI have like high command and they are especially annoying in speed matches where they produce all through the night and you only produce during the day.
      If I had Canadian Soldiers, American Technology, and British Officers, I would rule the world. -Winston Churchill
      FORUM GANG Second Lieutenant :00000461:
      CALL OF WAR TECHNICIAN THIRD GRADE
    • At the start of a game, check if a player has built anything. If they haven’t, they are probably inactive. If they have, they arecertainly active, for now, at least.
      If I had Canadian Soldiers, American Technology, and British Officers, I would rule the world. -Winston Churchill
      FORUM GANG Second Lieutenant :00000461:
      CALL OF WAR TECHNICIAN THIRD GRADE
    • In the most recent game that I completed in the 39 map, I knew that a former ally (the US) was going inactive when he parked a sizable fleet of a cruiser and troop transports next to Nassau (Bahamas) and got bombarded to death in a 36 hour period by a single artillery unit the UK had in Nassau. He went inactive and was replaced by Canada on our way to a coalition victory ... 8)
    • I am not so worried about the AI because they have more units but i come with a larger army in each battle... I think devs need to change the HC but than it will not be "elite" which does not have a point
      FORUM GANG General
      Highest ranking (Acting)
      Ryan

      EN/ES/FR Forum Member
      Call of War Technician Fourth Grade
      Forum General
      Training Alliance Leader
    • MountainDrew4000 wrote:

      I like your point of view, my problem with being the only active player is that AI nation produces 24/7 and you have to be quick to beat them before they get too powerful and also I'm not the best player anyway.
      Playing the AI could help you become a better player. Read the Forum and try out some of the things you read here. It's no risk to your stats. You could learn a lot if you actually have the desire to learn the game well enough to win.
    • gusv wrote:

      Ryan04px2025 wrote:

      I am not so worried about the AI
      Mostly agree with this statement, as long as you don't play aggressively enough to trigger the wrath of several AI countries because of your low popularity ... 8)
      Learnt it the hard way?? ;)
      FORUM GANG General
      Highest ranking (Acting)
      Ryan

      EN/ES/FR Forum Member
      Call of War Technician Fourth Grade
      Forum General
      Training Alliance Leader
    • revengegirl wrote:

      Ryan04px2025 wrote:

      gusv wrote:

      Ryan04px2025 wrote:

      I am not so worried about the AI
      Mostly agree with this statement, as long as you don't play aggressively enough to trigger the wrath of several AI countries because of your low popularity ... 8)
      Learnt it the hard way?? ;)
      That's how you get better when u learn it the hard way
      Well, the game was fun
      FORUM GANG General
      Highest ranking (Acting)
      Ryan

      EN/ES/FR Forum Member
      Call of War Technician Fourth Grade
      Forum General
      Training Alliance Leader
    • MountainDrew4000 wrote:

      I

      revengegirl wrote:

      I like your point of view, my problem with being the only active player is that AI nation produces 24/7 and you have to be quick to beat them before they get too powerful and also I'm not the best player anyway.

      You don't have to be quick in the slightest bit.

      I am a new player. I played only 5 games. I tried to avoid solo victories because i want my stats to indicate a good ally in the future. I could not prevent one solo victory because simply everyone left. Thats super boring.
      I just finished the last game. After finding out Egypt starts with almost no iron, i had given up on that game by day 4 or so. I looked back at it 2 weeks later. Some players had been growing quite a bit but then gone inactive too. I decided to finish the game after all and won it by fighting the nr 1 and 2 players who were both inactive and around 200 points in size. I just max upgraded my airforce (since they cost relatively little iron) built 30 bombers + 30 fighters and destroyed said AI's in quick fassion with near zero losses. Fortunately there was one other "active' player in the game whom i could force to accept a coalition win. (he would have prefered a second place).

      I only had 1 game where i was fighting a player who was active enough to actually micromanage the battles. That was so awesome, that is what you play these games for.

      5 games, about 100 total players. only 1 active player and maybe a dozen semi-active ones.
      Inactive and semi-active players make the game boring and so easy that it is actually difficult to not win solo unless you simply go inactive yourself. Its the biggest problem CoW has. Its quite stunning to actually read someone thinking the AI is too challenging. CoW would be better if all the farmville players would actually go play farmville instead of thinking CoW is a game to play by logging in once or twice a day.

      The post was edited 4 times, last by ArjenSmit79 ().

    • ArjenSmit79 wrote:

      Inactive and semi-active players make the game boring and so easy that it is actually difficult to not win solo unless you simply go inactive yourself. Its the biggest problem CoW has.
      Agree in that inactive players are probably the biggest problem CoW has. Like yourself, I prefer playing coalition. But in my first seven games in the 22-player tutorial map, part of the reason I had 2 solo wins was the fact that over 90% of players went inactive after 3-4 weeks into the game.

      However, I moved on to play in maps other than the tutorial and have not had a solo win since then, though I won most of my games by coalition. As I moved out of the 22-player tutorial map, the quality of players went a notch or two ... 8)

      The post was edited 1 time, last by gusv: correct typo ().

    • Tutorial is good for a quick warm-up game, but I would definitely prefer the bigger maps. More challenges, and occasionally having a game that just sticks in your mind for a long time/one that forces you to stay up all night. Too bad the 22p maps have lots of players that eventually go inactive.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

      "Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Little Racoon wrote:

      Tutorial is good for a quick warm-up game, but I would definitely prefer the bigger maps. More challenges, and occasionally having a game that just sticks in your mind for a long time/one that forces you to stay up all night. Too bad the 22p maps have lots of players that eventually go inactive.
      That is one big difference between COW and CON.
      FORUM GANG General
      Highest ranking (Acting)
      Ryan

      EN/ES/FR Forum Member
      Call of War Technician Fourth Grade
      Forum General
      Training Alliance Leader