End of war suggestion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• End of war suggestion

Hey everyone, its been a while.
      Anyway, i wanted to suggest maybe a message in the newspaper when an individual war has ended. So if the Southern US occupied the Northern US, there would be a message in the newspaper to declare the North erradicated, or vise versa. Completely occupying a country just kinda seems bland and sudden, when the enemies last province is gone, its just done. It would be similar to the peace and end of game messages.

Not anything too important, just a suggestion. Good to talk to everyone again. :rainydays:
      "Any alliance whose purpose is not the intention to wage war is senseless and useless." -Adolf Hitler.

“Always winter, but never Christmas”
      –Mr. Tumnus, The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe
    • You could probably individualize the messages, but having a standard message is probably easier.

For example: "(insert country 1) has been completely occupied by (insert country 2). Today, the forces of (insert country 2) destroyed the final pieces of resistance in the (insert country 1) province of (insert province). The (insert country 1) leader, (insert name), was captured and executed."

But in general, I like this idea.
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
    • DoctorDR1 wrote:

You could probably individualize the messages, but having a standard message is probably easier.

For example: "(insert country 1) has been completely occupied by (insert country 2). Today, the forces of (insert country 2) destroyed the final pieces of resistance in the (insert country 1) province of (insert province). The (insert country 1) leader, (insert name), was captured and executed."

But in general, I like this idea.
      Not captured and executed, especially in the case of team games. I usually like to say surrender or have gone into exile. This way, the leaders won't just abruptly "ooh, they died" and have a better explanation. Other than that, I think this is good.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • I would love this idea and i also think more pictures are need in the newspaper. They are really old and boring. Only 4 pictures everyday repeated again and again. :( Just a bit more coding here.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • When the last province of a country is taken, you can see that on the map. Because... tadatataaaa [a fanfare]: It's no longer there 8o .
      If you're not sure whether there might still be an island province of the country somewhere and don't want to search a lot on the map, you can click on one of its opponents and then via the diplomacy menu check whether the war you're interested in is still ongoing. That's quicker than searching for a message in the newspaper.

So I would prefer NOT to have a message as suggested in this thread, since the newspaper is already very crowded - such an additional message would make it more laborous to extract the info out of it that you need to know AND cannot easily get from anywhere else.
    • Nn gg wrote:

Hans A. Pils wrote:

When the last province of a country is taken, you can see that on the map. Because... tadatataaaa [a fanfare]: It's no longer there 8o .
      You’re going to be mad searching in world at war
      It sometimes might become a little bit wearisome on a large map, yes. That's why I wrote a second paragraph:

Hans A. Pils wrote:

If you're not sure whether there might still be an island province of the country somewhere and don't want to search a lot on the map, you can click on one of its opponents and then via the diplomacy menu check whether the war you're interested in is still ongoing. That's quicker than searching for a message in the newspaper.
      Additionally, don't forget the diplomacy screen since a while shows only countries that still own at least one province.

To sum it up: Such a new message in the newspaper would really be superfluous.