Central China and Taiwan flag same in pacific conquest?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Central China and Taiwan flag same in pacific conquest?

In pacific conquest, the flag of central China is the EXACT SAME as the flag of Taiwan. I wanted to post a picture but it said file was too big... anyway, if you are in a pacific conquest game, you can check. So...why is the flag same???
      If I had Canadian Soldiers, American Technology, and British Officers, I would rule the world. -Winston Churchill
      FORUM GANG Second Lieutenant :00000461:
      CALL OF WAR TECHNICIAN THIRD GRADE
    • After WWII, China was split into two pieces, essentially Nationalist and Communist China. Taiwan is the remnant of Nationalist China to put it very simply. Operating under this logic, one could then say that Nationalist China and Taiwan are the same country. However, Taiwan didn't become an independent state until far, far later in history, and was occupied by the Japanese (I do believe) at the time. So now look at the 100 player map: there are currently no empires, but Taiwan doesn't have a historical flag of the era. So what do you do? Well, you use it's current flag, which just so happens to be Nationalist China's flag - or in this case, Central China.

So they have the same flag because, as stated above, in a very oversimplified way, they are the same country, just tweaked for balancing purposes. Hope that clears it up.
    • JesterTheSheep wrote:

After WWII, China was split into two pieces, essentially Nationalist and Communist China. Taiwan is the remnant of Nationalist China to put it very simply. Operating under this logic, one could then say that Nationalist China and Taiwan are the same country. However, Taiwan didn't become an independent state until far, far later in history, and was occupied by the Japanese (I do believe) at the time. So now look at the 100 player map: there are currently no empires, but Taiwan doesn't have a historical flag of the era. So what do you do? Well, you use it's current flag, which just so happens to be Nationalist China's flag - or in this case, Central China.

So they have the same flag because, as stated above, in a very oversimplified way, they are the same country, just tweaked for balancing purposes. Hope that clears it up.
      But doing the same flag will confuse people. Maybe they should make a small noticeable change at least.
      If I had Canadian Soldiers, American Technology, and British Officers, I would rule the world. -Winston Churchill
      FORUM GANG Second Lieutenant :00000461:
      CALL OF WAR TECHNICIAN THIRD GRADE
    • WarOnTheMoon wrote:

Maybe...They could do something similar to this.

Hmm... You got it messed up. China doesn't have that flag. I suggest altering the Chinese communist flag or maybe put communist flag for China and Chinese flag with stars for mainland China or just the Taiwan state flag for Taiwan and China flag for China. Forget about the complication. Haha
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • That is not it at all.. The flag with the sun In the Middle,Was used by The ROC (Aka Republic of China, AKA Taiwan)'s National Revolutionary Army which was an active force in the Civil War between The Republic of China (Taiwan) and The Communist Party of China (China or "Central China"), Of Course, you know that the Modern communist flag was Not always The Chinese flag,Secondly , We Should NOT Use modern day flags. What Killer8282 is trying to say is, Why are the flags of Taiwan and Central China the same? Because the "Countries" or "Territories" did use the same flag. But What I'm trying to say,is instead of using The Taiwanese Flag, Use The Taiwanese (WWII Era) Military Flag.. This would help with players confusion and it would help make better distinctions between the Two countries. Also, China did use that flag... The Current Chinese flag was not always the official flag used by China. Just so you know, Before even suggesting or informing anybody about topics such as these I always do my research.
      Master Sergeant ~ Waronthemoon