Call of War 1.5: Introducing Doctrines

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Love the Idea of having different unit strengths vs same units from other countries.

Why would the Doctrines be public info though?. No one knew Germany would Blitzkrieg through their first half dozen countries till it was almost over...

And more importantly, am I forced to those Doctrines when choosing the country? I'd love to see an "Open" map where each player gets to chose their own country and then the Doctrine with which they wish to fight. And only way to find out what's happening (and what Doctrine is being used) is to watch and learn... and try to guess.

From initial look over the differences in the Doctrines... by Day 10 the "Optimization" Doctrine means my army has 30% more research completed... that's a huge advantage when I have 30% viable options to counter my opponents.

Will have to try a few rounds of this one for sure.
      General Maximus Decimus Meridius - "Are you not entertained?"
    • CoN and gameplay are getting closer and closer.

Sure, there are different world lines, different types of units, and different performance.

But it's kind of sad, because of the early access of CoN for Android, the information for this update came just as Japanese players were starting to play CoN.

It may be a small impact, but there will be fewer Japanese players who enjoy both CoN and CoW.

I think the update itself is a great one.

This makes it more strategic and makes players think more than ever that there are doctrines for each country.
    • Well it's good to see doctrines BECAUSE different countries followed different doctrines in world war 2. For example: German doctrine revolved around taking ground at a rapid pace and causing disruption and chaos with small and extremely mobile units and letting their tanks roam around freely so that they didn't get hampered by "SMALL" mistakes made by their commanders, British doctrine was to stop the enemy long enough to get relieved by reinforcements because they lacked the firepower for counter-attack and other types of offensives, French doctrine was to use big units and concentrated forces in superior numbers to wage war, American doctrine revolved around reducing casualties, Italian doctrine revolved around switching sides when they saw that they couldn't win( It's just a joke don't get offended, I like Italy it's a good country).
    • revengegirl wrote:

Call of war is the ww2 of con but they should stay in their own games imo. I'm aware that they are made by bytro but i just hope that call of war 1,5 isn't like a carbon copy of conflict of nations. I don't mind a few tweaks but not major changes.
      Is not a carbon copy, is just a copy.
      Si no tienes posibilidades de vencer, es el momento de atacar.
    • WascallywabbitCDN wrote:

Although calling one doctrine Surprise is a bit of a surprise. Maneuver encompasses surprise and faster movement, as in, out-maneuver an opponent to gain an advantage. Just my thought :tumbleweed:
      Nope! Maneuver can be a bit slow too as long as you were able to decimate the flanks. We went on raids and silenced insurgents who thought their .50 cal's could protect the flanks. You see most weaponry is not suitable for flank defense and thus small arms fire works best.
    • blue44elephant wrote:

WascallywabbitCDN wrote:

Although calling one doctrine Surprise is a bit of a surprise. Maneuver encompasses surprise and faster movement, as in, out-maneuver an opponent to gain an advantage. Just my thought :tumbleweed:
      Nope! Maneuver can be a bit slow too as long as you were able to decimate the flanks. We went on raids and silenced insurgents who thought their .50 cal's could protect the flanks. You see most weaponry is not suitable for flank defense and thus small arms fire works best.
      So you had to maneuver on to their flank to accomplish that, didn't you?
    • WascallywabbitCDN wrote:

I am certain that experienced players will want to try all 4 doctrines out.
      Yup, but i am thinking i would love the Axis and the communist one. Can't wait

WascallywabbitCDN wrote:

Bomber spam??
      I actually eat this kind of luncheon meat!!! I have 7 at home. Haha

yeboistalin wrote:

Amazing. Just like CoN
      Which is an issue. @freezy said that he doesn't want it like that. He didn't allow city annex but he allowed doctrines. ;( So much for making sense.

bewok963 wrote:

This makes it more strategic and makes players think more than ever that there are doctrines for each country.
      It makes it a bit more interesting because it is more different and one on one is a bit different. However rebalancing this will be very necessary because unit amounts can get overwhelming.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Doctrines will kill srategic choices. Doctrines will arrange what you should develope and produce. Some difference will cause big troubles... for example an Axis country will sit in a fortress and for 2 days his range will be lower than an allies range. What can be done? Almost nothing....

Part of given advantages will have no effect on smaller, fast maps. Altough the opposite side receive some... so some map became very unbalanced i assume...