Call of War 1.5: Introducing Doctrines

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I'm liking the 1.5 play. One thing I will do different in my next round is not develop so many factories. It seems, so far anyway, a single factory, leveled up, can provide all the units you ca aford of any class.

One feature I'm not yet sold on is the extra upgrade costs for existing units. In my games, it seems a waste to upgrade units. Build em, use em, build upgraded units after the factories are upgraded, and just use the old ones as is. Paying for unit upgrades takes away resources from everything else.
    • Pete The Grate wrote:

it happened on 2 games--AI's declaring war one after another, also a crapload of provinces rebelling.....

Pete The Grate wrote:

Regarding the current 1.5, i like it, but it seems to me that the AI's attack far too much. I don't like this feature. Also, provinces rebel far too easily. these 2 things def need some twaeking.
      The AI and revolt mechanics are not changed from CoW1.0 to CoW1.5. So what you are describing would happen in all game versions and is not 1.5 specific.

Balhog wrote:

I'm liking the 1.5 play. One thing I will do different in my next round is not develop so many factories. It seems, so far anyway, a single factory, leveled up, can provide all the units you ca aford of any class.

One feature I'm not yet sold on is the extra upgrade costs for existing units. In my games, it seems a waste to upgrade units. Build em, use em, build upgraded units after the factories are upgraded, and just use the old ones as is. Paying for unit upgrades takes away resources from everything else.
      Keep in mind that you can skip levels with upgrading! So you can jump from level 1 to level 3 but only pay the resources for level 3.
      Sometimes it may still make sense to upgrade to the very next level, for eample if your troops are far away from home and you urgently need the additional fire power at the front line. It is designed to be a choice, sometimes it makes sense and sometimes not and you as player have to figure out when you should do it.

RiverWolf74 wrote:

I have enough of all resources in 1.5...except for manpower I have level 3 industries in ALL my core provinces and I’m still having manpower problems.
      We indeed saw that manpower costs are a bit too high for higher unit levels, so we will probably reduce those costs a bit in the next version.

RiverWolf74 wrote:

Is it right that I can only build industries to level 3 in non-urban provinces and level 5 in urban ones, or is this a bug?
      It is correct that Local Industry only has 3 levels.
    • freezy wrote:

We indeed saw that manpower costs are a bit too high for higher unit levels, so we will probably reduce those costs a bit in the next version.
      Thanks for this little modification!
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • So I am new to 1.5, but after seeing the new doctrines I wanted to give it a try, and I have really liked it so far. Currently I have tried Pan-Asian, Axis and Allies. As someone who has played CON and COW, COW 1.5 does a much better job with doctrines in my opinion. So far Pan-Asian suits my personal play style the best.
    • building ındustries is a useless idea especially at the beginning of game If I invade 8 city from same resource I will get resources how much would come from level 5 ındustry so If I have 8 cities from every resource I dont need ındustries
      If I build 5 ındustries to cities I will get 125 manpower totally from all of them but why I will build ındustries ? I can get them from non-core provinces easily
    • Undaunted wrote:

building ındustries is a useless idea especially at the beginning of game If I invade 8 city from same resource I will get resources how much would come from level 5 ındustry so If I have 8 cities from every resource I dont need ındustries
      If I build 5 ındustries to cities I will get 125 manpower totally from all of them but why I will build ındustries ? I can get them from non-core provinces easily
      I agree it’s a waste at the beggening of the game but if you don’t build industries in the late game you will have crazy manpower shortages and by that time it will already be too late
    • RiverWolf74 wrote:

Undaunted wrote:

building ındustries is a useless idea especially at the beginning of game If I invade 8 city from same resource I will get resources how much would come from level 5 ındustry so If I have 8 cities from every resource I dont need ındustries
      I agree it’s a waste at the beggening of the game but if you don’t build industries in the late game you will have crazy manpower shortages and by that time it will already be too late
      I have found if I build industry early, I don't have manpower problems. If I don't build them, I have huge manpower problems. At this point, I think early investment in Industry pays huge dividends in the middle game.