Call of War 1.5: Introducing Doctrines

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• could they add more specific buffs and debuffs to the units of each doctrine? because for example look at the images of the rocket arty, those should not all be equal, yet they all are, not counting the -1/-2 days of availability for comintern. and then look at SP rocket arty. all of them but comintern are equal, but they don't look equal. and having more specific stat changes for each unit with each doctrine would really help make it more complex. but even more important than that they should have differences in economy and buildings and stuff, as in maybe the allies have more oil production and Pan-Asian have more rare materials production, and Axis might build tank factories faster then comintern might have cheaper build costs for secret bases (I am just saying completely random and still very general examples, hopefully if they do decide to do this there will be more in depth buffs and debuffs than the examples I gave).
    • I select a map for watch how doctrine set. I find it ridiculous. Communist China use Pan Asian, well, half correct. National China for Pan Asian? Why not Axis, Allies or even Communist?

NC used almost every doctrines weapons. But I think Pan Asian is not suitable. Why doctrine can't be selectable? To fit the tactic players need.

And on new skins, doctrine mark is too clear that doctrine still not solve previous problems. Why dont use a blur mark or replace with interesting camo?

Should we still need watch someone write about, why dont add a british skin or french skin? Why dont use doctrine feature to solve it forever?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tasmine ().

• Tasmine wrote:

I select a map for watch how doctrine set. I find it ridiculous. Communist China use Pan Asian, well, half correct. National China for Pan Asian? Why not Axis, Allies or even Communist?

NC used almost every doctrines weapons. But I think Pan Asian is not suitable. Why doctrine can't be selectable? To fit the tactic players need.

And on new skins, doctrine mark is too clear that doctrine still not solve previous problems. Why dont use a blur mark or replace with interesting camo?

Should we still need watch someone write about, why dont add a british skin or french skin? Why dont use doctrine feature to solve it forever?
      Well chinese army obviusly didnt use japanese war material but tactically the pan-asian its the most suitable for them, just for give an example the banzai attacks are very similar to dare to die corps in the chinese national army, also if you analyze the chinese uniforms they are also similar (at least the summer uniforms).

just to add I also really want to see british and french doctrines in the future but to be fair this is not a priority right now
      "Si crees que esto tendrá un final feliz, es que no has estado prestando atención"
    • By the way, Chinese national army was follow centrel government order. Equip with early Germany style uniform and helmat, rifle(Gew 98). And they are elite in the early war stage.

South Group mixed with some British equipments. And some militias used Japanese weapons after capture them.

Soviet Russia and USA also send volunteers to helping China defend the air.

By the way, if doctrine is selectable. When we play Japan and Nazi occupy America. We can have many choices. And maybe American choose to join Communist?

But for some specific nations, it should be fixed. For example, Nazi Germany = Axis, Italy = Axis, British = Allies......etc.
    • Tasmine wrote:

They were costed during Battle of Shanghai.
      Shanghai and nanking, but again those battles were from the early stages of the war, the elite units of the chinese army under german advisors were sacrifice in those battles.

also there are even more bigger battles in the china front the biggest one in Wuhan and the major chinese victory in changsha, in Wuhan chinese still used german equipment but by far these units cant be compared in quality, even with numerical superiority of the chinese they couldn't defeat the japanese in wuhan.

axis doctrine its based on quality, chinese army could look like germans but axis doctrines shouldnt apply to them
      "Si crees que esto tendrá un final feliz, es que no has estado prestando atención"

The post was edited 2 times, last by Danieliyoverde123 ().

• we are talking about a pre war set, i think allies is the best option because poland army used a lot of national produced american equipment, in battle level i couldnt not say polish army had numerical superiority, the streng of the comintern doctrine.
      not to mention the participation of the polish forces in the west
    • i find china kind tricky, there are a lot of parameters to consider, german and soviet equipment, strenght in numbers (comintern), similarities with japan in aspect i think i mention before, allies equipment and training in the second half of the conflict.

but in a gameplay perpective you should consider it there are not a lot of nations with the pan-asian doctrine, only japan manchukuo and maybe thailand, this mean a lot of players couldnt even try the panasian doctrine, so i think the decision is for the best.
    • Hey guys, we know that the Doctrine selection does not make 100% sense for every country in the game, because frankly this is quite impossible. For many cases it can also be argued in favor of differeent Doctrines, depending on what you consider the most important: Their looks and equipment or their political affiliation or their tactics and strategies and combat performance. We certainly can not please everyone in this matter, so I hope you guys can be a bit more forgiving in that regard.

Also one point mentioned is the availability of Doctrines. We don't want one Doctrine to only be playable via a handful of countries, so where possible we took the freedom to add more countries to that Doctrine.

Regarding freely selectable Doctrines: There was mixed feedback so far from players on this. On one hand it would allow for more customization and player choice, on the other hand it would result in a lot of historical inaccuracy. There are also technical and design challenges to be tackled in order to achieve this (e.g. what happens to AI countries before a Doctrine was chosen by a player and are troops allowed to morph into another Doctrine while the game already started). Maybe this can be a feature in the future, but short term it is not on our plan.