Comintern Doctrine Attack Aircraft

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Comintern Doctrine Attack Aircraft

I was looking through the list of bonuses applied to units from different doctrines (found here) and noticed that the comintern does not get any bonuses to either tactical bombers or attack aircraft. I believe that this is a mistake from a historical perspective. The Ilyushin Il-2 attack aircraft was one of the best attack aircraft of the war, as well as the second most produced plane in history (surpassed only be the cessna). Joseph Stalin is quoted as having said, "The Il-2 is as essential to the Red Army as air and bread". It was well known for being extremely hardy (nicknamed "they flying tank") and for being able to wreak havoc on German armoured columns. I believe that, to represent all this, comintern attack bombers should get at least one of the following bonuses: production time -10%, HP + 15%, or damage vs tanks + 15%.
    • Yes and the new rockets for the allies are a bit off. I do not think they are actually real. Rockets on top of a normal tank if just way off and doesn't look realistic
      Images
      • Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 3.59.32 PM.png

148.6 kB, 360×280, viewed 0 times
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • eruth wrote:

I was looking through the list of bonuses applied to units from different doctrines (found here) and noticed that the comintern does not get any bonuses to either tactical bombers or attack aircraft. I believe that this is a mistake from a historical perspective. The Ilyushin Il-2 attack aircraft was one of the best attack aircraft of the war, as well as the second most produced plane in history (surpassed only be the cessna). Joseph Stalin is quoted as having said, "The Il-2 is as essential to the Red Army as air and bread". It was well known for being extremely hardy (nicknamed "they flying tank") and for being able to wreak havoc on German armoured columns. I believe that, to represent all this, comintern attack bombers should get at least one of the following bonuses: production time -10%, HP + 15%, or damage vs tanks + 15%.
      Thanks for the suggestion!

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Yes and the new rockets for the allies are a bit off. I do not think they are actually real. Rockets on top of a normal tank if just way off and doesn't look realistic
      Oh they were definitely real. Do you think we make this up? There will be historical photographs in the unit details panel.

The allies probably just mounted it on a tank chassis to save production costs, because they already had great tank production lines.
    • It is called a sherman calliope - "The Rocket Launcher T34 (Calliope) was a tank-mounted multiple rocket launcher used by the United States Army during World War II. The launcher was placed atop the M4 Sherman, with its prominent vertical side frames anchored to the turret's sides, and fired a barrage of 4.5 in (114 mm) M8 rockets from 60 launch tubes."
      No pic for it as it seems to upset people :thumbsup:
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Yes and the new rockets for the allies are a bit off. I do not think they are actually real. Rockets on top of a normal tank if just way off and doesn't look realistic

Just because it looks like a silly childish doodle does not mean that they were not produced and used in the war. :D
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • freezy wrote:

eruth wrote:

Oh they were definitely real. Do you think we make this up? There will be historical photographs in the unit details panel.
      The allies probably just mounted it on a tank chassis to save production costs, because they already had great tank production lines.
      They don't look real even though they exist.
      BeaveRyan

• Well I created the account for saying this, but good thing someone noticed it. If the officials want any evidence you or the development team could check "Soviet Storm—WW2 in the East" out to gain more understanding of performance of soviet troops. The link is below.

youtube.com/watch?v=y_bjuREfUbU

If you and the development team is further interested, checkout "Generals at war"

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAAIf5-FfRc4Qyn3sdPoAQw2nxHiyHsTq

IMPORTANT:
      Ju87 isn't as good as you desrbied... check out this video below to see as it have credible sources. I am quite tired from listing all these stuff now... and they are professionals unlike me.
      youtube.com/watch?v=cf5potr_KYQ

Furthermore, Soviet Union has a large number of tanks pre-war, such as but not limited to Bt-5 variants, T26, T46 and such. It's unfortunate I don't have the link here, but you can checkout this book. Soviet tanks were researched quit early in as well, perhaps poor, but still, early.

books.google.com.sg/books/abou…esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false

A bit more about soviet medium tanks... they should have More perk than just "research date," they should also have production cost lowered as well as faster production. If you would like to know more, check out this war thunder video that explains some aspects of what I mentioned above with credible source.

youtube.com/watch?v=e-NLuBasSjQ

Moreover, Japanese tanks are notorious of their's poor ability. No armour, no powerful weapons, and it's only good against weak industrial countries in asia. To be fair, all the other tanks in the same era have the same if not better capabilities. My overall suggestion is put Japanese and pan-asia more focus on infantry, not these machines they lacked so much.

In this film they have a good combat to let you understand why it's so.

youtube.com/watch?v=ouI5LVcfc-I

If there is no reply before the update releases, I will send a email

The post was edited 3 times, last by Derek Bu: Forgot to say again... ().

• zecevi123 wrote:

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Im pretty sure allies used that tank not sure but I think they did.Also the cominternt tacitcal bombers with those buffs would make them OP AS HECK!So everybody would chose commie doctorine.
      I didn't say I wanted all the buffs. I said that at least one of the buffs should be applied (they don't have to be that strong). Also, AFAIK it seems that doctrines aren't choosable; they are set per-nation.
    • Regarding the OP's topic: We switched the research buffs around and Comintern now has a research advantage for Attack Bombers. This should be sufficient to indicate their historical strength in that area (we dont want to hand out more stats buffs as they already got good buffs in other categories).

@Derek:
      Thanks for the suggestions and infos, but we are not creating a simulation here. This is a game where each Doctrine has to be fair and balanced, meaning it has to have advantages and disadvantages. When balancing we try to adhere to historic realities, but we will not do it if it would make the overall balance worse. So giving Comintern even more buffs and giving Pan-asian more debuffs would make it unbalanced. I am also not going to discuss this on a historical level because there are always different views and different sources and different stereotypes, and we can not please all view points anyway. But it is nice that you are invested in the topic. Hope to see you in the next 1.5 event to test it in practice.
    • freezy wrote:

Regarding the OP's topic: We switched the research buffs around and Comintern now has a research advantage for Attack Bombers. This should be sufficient to indicate their historical strength in that area (we dont want to hand out more stats buffs as they already got good buffs in other categories).

@Derek:
      Thanks for the suggestions and infos, but we are not creating a simulation here. This is a game where each Doctrine has to be fair and balanced, meaning it has to have advantages and disadvantages. When balancing we try to adhere to historic realities, but we will not do it if it would make the overall balance worse. So giving Comintern even more buffs and giving Pan-asian more debuffs would make it unbalanced. I am also not going to discuss this on a historical level because there are always different views and different sources and different stereotypes, and we can not please all view points anyway. But it is nice that you are invested in the topic. Hope to see you in the next 1.5 event to test it in practice.
      I understand, thanks for paying attention here and replying! :)
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

They don't look real even though they exist.

jjgp wrote:

Ryan04px2025 wrote:

It´s not anti realistic at all. In fact it was absolutelly real:
      Look the the quote in front. u gotta read... I didn't do my part to check closely, you didn't do your part to look at the forum rules. ;) PS (Links are not allowed ofc.) ;)
      BeaveRyan

• Ryan04px2025 wrote:

The rockets on the Sherman were definitely real. Search "calliope rocket artillery"
      "Towards the submarine men, one felt an utter disgust and loathing; they were nothing but an abomination, polluting the clean sea."