New Unit Suggestion: "Scouts"

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Unit Suggestion: "Scouts"

Hello! I would love to make a suggestion for a new unit, There should be a Unit that specializes in Scouting, A special unit,not spies,spies have their own field of work.... A Scout should be able to go behind (Enemy) Lines,( You should not use Scouts while at peace or War would be imminent), And Retrieve Information such as Enemy Strength, What Enemy Units are in that province And, What Units Are Relocating to that province, NOTE: Scouts should only be allowed to move 1 province at a time. Scouts Are Meant to go by quietly, Meaning they shouldn't be noticed by the Enemy. How ever, Scouts can be caught and The News paper should be able display that information. I think Scouts would be a great addition to Call of war, As they were a key role back then and are still today.

Required:
      Barracks Lvl.5
      Industrial Complex Lvl.1
      250 Food
      300 Goods
      450 Man Power (Note Scouts are a small force shouldn't require too much men/Man power)

Research:
      Research Available in "Secret"
      Research Can be Conducted From Day 6
      3,000 Rare Materials
      $6,300
      5,000 Food Materials!

What do you guys think?
      Master Sergeant ~ Waronthemoon
    • Hey! In case you don't know, the armoured car is a really great scout and has great range. That is because we are having a bit too specific units in COW 1.5 which can be quite confusing. With such high level barracks, it takes a horrible amount of food which is really problematic for a lot of countries. Even if it is implemented, i will go for scout cars. This is way too expensive and way too much food needed. What are the attack and defense counters?
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Then they'd have to negate some stuff of the spy (Military intel).

Rare minerals are not easy to get, spies only need cash, and most importantly, don't need buildings. Spies are easily replaceable as well, and don't need to wait a few days before they're placeable.
      It was a good era as a Republic we landed. But then the Russian's land was narrow for him. Ai-ui-ai-jaa, ti-ral-lal-laa, but then, the Russian's land was too narrow for him. Ai-ui-ai-jaa, ti-ral-lal-laa, but then, the Russian's land was too narrow for him. Then the Red Army came like rags, and accompanied by a [sic] mendel was a political print. Ai-ui-ai-jaa, ti-ral-lal-laa, and accompanied by a mendel was a political print. Ai-ui-ai-jaa, ti-ral-lal-laa
      -Untsakad, Politruk

The post was edited 1 time, last by iNot_here: More more detail ().

• Perhaps Lower the Barracks level to 3? I was thinking that if we used a very high level of barracks players would not Spam scouts, I was not thinking about Food Consumption :wallbash . Oh Well, Thanks For the Criticism. I needed it,Probably should have thought more into it.
      Master Sergeant ~ Waronthemoon

The post was edited 1 time, last by WarOnTheMoon ().

• WarOnTheMoon wrote:

Perhaps Lower the Barracks level to 3? I was thinking that if we used a very high level of barracks players would not Spam scouts, I was not thinking about Food Consumption :wallbash . Oh Well, Thanks For the Criticism. I needed it,Probably should have thought more into it.
      Well, i don't think i could spam it even with lower barracks. Other than the mech infantry, no infantry or armour units need level 3. So how much damage does it deal anyways?
      BeaveRyan

• WarOnTheMoon wrote:

Heres the thing, Its like spies, except its a unit. It is weak against every unit except Standard Lvl.1 Militia.

WarOnTheMoon wrote:

But Overall, Its a pretty great unit idea right?
      Haha, you need to be cheered up. Anyways, i think food isn't going to be the thing you focus. If you don't want it to be spammed... simply have it built only in capitol or more rare material and less food. Barracks can go to level 2.
      BeaveRyan

• WarOnTheMoon wrote:

Agreed!! My Main reasons for the High level barracks was 1. Scouts are kind of very very elite 2. They shouldn't be produced very much, in other words it would be very hard to spam them.
      If they are elite, i would suggest it to be a bit more powerful in attack.
      BeaveRyan

• WarOnTheMoon wrote:

Scouts Are Meant to go by quietly, Meaning they shouldn't be noticed by the Enemy. How ever, Scouts can be caught and The News paper
      If they were meant to be a stealth unit, what kind of units could expose it? Other scouts?
      It was a good era as a Republic we landed. But then the Russian's land was narrow for him. Ai-ui-ai-jaa, ti-ral-lal-laa, but then, the Russian's land was too narrow for him. Ai-ui-ai-jaa, ti-ral-lal-laa, but then, the Russian's land was too narrow for him. Then the Red Army came like rags, and accompanied by a [sic] mendel was a political print. Ai-ui-ai-jaa, ti-ral-lal-laa, and accompanied by a mendel was a political print. Ai-ui-ai-jaa, ti-ral-lal-laa
      -Untsakad, Politruk
    • Also, these scouts seem VERY cheap, maybe add 500 rare to the production, and increase the goods and food and money.
      If I had Canadian Soldiers, American Technology, and British Officers, I would rule the world. -Winston Churchill
      FORUM GANG Second Lieutenant :00000461:
      CALL OF WAR TECHNICIAN THIRD GRADE
    • You can already spy thru the espionage tab and as others have said scouting would be better done by AC.

HOWEVER if you mean you could build a STEALTH unit -spy/scout that could be dropped by plane or move around the map that can cause damage to infr ic- barracks etc - then i kinda like the idea like a resistance or spies that WERE used in the war causing damage and problems - behind enemy lines - because they on the whole were small groups they should have VERY limited defence if uncovered
      I would also suggest they they are not visible from air but seen only if moved over by land units
      to be built in capitals only as this would keep the production down and you couldnt spam the map with them