Stacking gold costs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Stacking gold costs

Have played a few games by now and one thing that ruins quite a few games is massive gold spenders.

I dont want to eliminate people spending gold since thats how the game survives (I use highcommand myself and support through it)

I would like to see a balance where gold gives you an advantage but doesnt becomes the deciding factor in who wins a map (at least not without having to spend unimaginable amounts)

What I propose is that the cost of using gold options will be stacking.
      And at the same time perhaps even lowing the starting cost to make it a more general thing that people spend a LITTLE for an advantage.

The stacking would work with addind a set % of the starting cost to next time a gold option is used.

ex. research atm. it costs 2500 for 12 hours.
      Perhaps lower it to half and then add 5-10% on the cost for each time an option is used
      how much lowered and how much is added each time depends on balancing, but I would like to see where buying the 50th bomber costs alot more than buying the 1st.

Benefit will be more people using gold options and learning about them since they will be cheaper to try in small scale.
      It might also generate alot more smaller gold buys and I would imagine having 1000 players spend 50$ is better than having 10 spending 500$.
      As a income revenue I thnk it would appeal to alot wider audience and perhaps even change the fact that in many games it often becomes everyone vs the gold user and make it wider acceptable to use gold.

I think this will play well into many experiensed player and also new players since they can use gold more freely and you wont have the experiense of being run over as a small player.

Edit:
      It would be based on games so everytime you enter a new map, the starting cost is reset of course. (spend a little in many games rather than alot in a few)
    • Nooberium wrote:

Your proposal sounds reasonable but based on my experience with 'spenders' it will reduce Bytro's revenue and thus will never happen.

In a recent round, I saw a player whip up 200 aircraft in a hurry. Probably wouldn't happen under your proposal.
      Whipping up 200 aircraft would have cost a pretty penny! One advantage of Lostility's proposal is it might get people who wouldn't try using/buying gold to actually purchase some.