Pinned In Ver. 1.5 or later, no matter how many units are stacked, is only 15 units reflected in battle?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• In Ver. 1.5 or later, no matter how many units are stacked, is only 15 units reflected in battle?

I have a question.

For example, let's say you're carrying 45 units and the breakdown is 15 units of anti-aircraft guns, 15 units of anti-tank guns, and 15 units of artillery. In that case, for example, if the enemy is attacking with airpower, does that mean that the defensive value of 15 units of anti-aircraft guns will be used in an anti-aircraft battle and the anti-aircraft values of other units will be meaningless?

Also, if, for example, of the 45 units stacked up, only the defense value of 15 units of anti-aircraft guns could be used in a battle against an enemy air force, would the damage output of that 15 units of anti-aircraft guns be similarly reduced because the number stacked up would be more than 15 units?

Or are the defensive values of the 15 unit anti-aircraft guns being used at 100% efficiency?

In relation to the story of the question above.

Right now, on the Japanese servers, starting with Ver.1.5, 15 anti-armor units, 15 artillery units, and 15 anti-aircraft units, your health will be greatly increased and you will be able to withstand it, and in combat with enemy units, you will be able to counter enemy units at full strength with 15 units corresponding to the enemy units, so there is an opinion that a large stack is best.
    • I am curious about the stacks in 1.5 as well. I've been told that it has been changed to the top 10 units in the stack (you say 15.. I don't know) compared to having a larger stack with multiple units that all have their own SBDE.

(this is the current SBDE)
      List with maximum numbers to achieve 100% SBDE for stacked units:

(made by @BRDubbs )

i. Aircraft – Interceptor – 5
      ii. Aircraft – Naval Bomber - 5
      iii. Aircraft – Strategic bomber – 5
      iv. Aircraft – Tactical bomber - 5
      v. Anti air – 8
      vi. Anti air – SP – 6
      vii. Anti tank – 8
      viii. Artillery - 8
      ix. Artillery – SP – 6
      x. Armored car – 8
      xi. Infantry – Commandos - 8
      xii. Infantry – Infantry – 8
      xiii. Infantry – Mechanized - 6
      xiv. Infantry - militia - 11
      xv. Infantry – motorized - 8
      xvi. Naval - Battleships – 3
      xvii. Naval – Carriers – 3
      xviii. Naval – Cruiser – 5
      xix. Naval – destroyer - 7
      xx. Naval – submarines – 7
      xxi. Tank - destroyer – 5
      xxii. Tank – heavy – 5
      xxiii. Tank – light - 6
      xxiv. Tank – medium - 5
      xxv. Aircraft - Rocket fighter - 3
      xxvi. Railroadgun - 3

If this has changed it'll be a whole new learning process. Anyone with answers?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Shilleywater ().

• forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…d-balancing-descriptions/

• The 15 strongest values of each damage type now contribute to the army’s damage output

• - e.g. the 15 strongest offensive damage values vs. unarmored targets, the 15 strongest defensive damage values vs. unarmored targets etc.

• This means that the damage output gets limited if more than 15 units in total are part of an army, but it leaves room for optimizing damage output of larger stacks by combining units with strengths in different areas.

This sentence is what I'm describing in the URL above.

Seeing this, the Japanese think that the Big Stack is more efficient.

But I'm not sure if that's right....

I'm curious if that's the right thing to do. Bothered, bothered.

It's driving me crazy.
    • For 1.5 games which are currently only available as specially marked events:

Disregard the old values for Sbde, such as the list compiled by B R Dubbs. Those values have no effect in 1.5.

The link posted by Bewok963 is specific to the 1.5 event 2 games which have concluded.

For 1.5 event 3 games which are coming soon the stack limit is rumored to be 10, but that is not confirmed or announced yet.

If we are using 10 for the number, then an effective fighting force would look like this:

10 units of an offensive type to attack your enemy, combined with 10 units of a defensive type to protect your group from attack.

As a specific example: Make a group of 10 artillery to attack the enemy. You will want to add perhaps Anti air and anti tank to your artillery group to defend them from attack. 10 AA and 10 AT would be effective against different attacks. Only the 10 strongest against that type of attack would be used in the calculations, such as the AT would be used in the calculations of tanks were a part of the attack.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Main Administrator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • bewok963 wrote:

If this idea is correct.

Attack Bomber 15.

Tactical Bomber 15.

Interceptor 15.

is the best.
      in this example you have constructed 45 planes and are using them in one stack.

(For the sake of your example we will use 15 as the stack number, although I believe that will change for the next event. )

If you attack a target only 15 of the 45 planes will be effective, and the other 30 are just along for the ride. This is tying up a lot of resources on ineffective units.

I would form a group of 15 tactical bombers and 15 interceptors, then a group of 15 attack bombers and 15 interceptors. This gives each group of bombers a chance to attack equally, and gives each group protection from other planes with the interceptors
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Main Administrator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • could we have a case study about how the new SBDE will be working?

I have different type of units stacked together. Enemy has similiarinfantry, light armored, heavy armored units...

We both attacking each other. Which units attackin/defensive value will be used?

Question 2: how the calculated damage is allocated to unit groups and to units?
    • szinisa wrote:

could we have a case study about how the new SBDE will be working?

I have different type of units stacked together. Enemy has similiarinfantry, light armored, heavy armored units...

We both attacking each other. Which units attackin/defensive value will be used?

Question 2: how the calculated damage is allocated to unit groups and to units?
      For every damage category (for example attacking vs. unarmored, defending vs. unarmored, attacking vs. light armored, defending vs. light armored etc.) the 10 strongest values within the army will be used.

So if you stack up 15 tank destroyers only the 10 same values will be used for all damage categories and you waste damage potential of 5 whole units.

But if you mix 10 tank destroyers together with 10 anti air, then you don't lose as much damage potential because the units excel in different damage categories. Of course your army would still do less damage than 2 separate armies because against tanks the damage values of the AA would not be used and against air the damage values of the tank destroyers would not be used, but such an army is also protected a bit more due to the higher HP pool.

So there will be options and optimization potential for players to find the right sweet spot and the right combinations.
    • freezy wrote:

But if you mix 10 tank destroyers together with 10 anti air, then you don't lose as much damage potential because the units excel in different damage categories.
      Is this taken into account for the SBDE number in the unit description?
      DoctorDR1

Leader of GalacticEmpire

Forum Senior Chief Warrant Officer

Call of War Technician 3rd Grade

Frontline Pioneer

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
    • No, because the SBDE number in the unit description is on a per-type basis, where as the new stack limit damage reduction is on a per-army basis. In a future update we will introduce a new damage info screen to the army bar to show the new limits and the overall army damage+efficiency.

The SBDE number in the unit description is mainly influenced by the unit condition now.
    • hm... if i see it right, we will have big troubles with 10er stack smarming taktiks now...
      Each 10er stack of own armour category on same attack way, with same speed and same time, would kill everything.
      Potentially megastack would defend each attack only with 10 units. And every defencive damage would be splitted by all attacking stacks. That mean attacker never receive 100% damage, but deffer does.
    • freezy wrote:

No, because the SBDE number in the unit description is on a per-type basis, where as the new stack limit damage reduction is on a per-army basis. In a future update we will introduce a new damage info screen to the army bar to show the new limits and the overall army damage+efficiency.

The SBDE number in the unit description is mainly influenced by the unit condition now.
      Actually, i think the SBDE wouldn't affect me because i don't have many of the same unit together. :)
      FORUM GANG General
      Highest ranking (Acting)
      Ryan

EN/ES/FR Forum Member
      Call of War Technician Fourth Grade
      Forum General
      Training Alliance Leader
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

freezy wrote:

No, because the SBDE number in the unit description is on a per-type basis, where as the new stack limit damage reduction is on a per-army basis. In a future update we will introduce a new damage info screen to the army bar to show the new limits and the overall army damage+efficiency.

Actually, i think the SBDE wouldn't affect me because i don't have many of the same unit together. :)
      ryan, ryan...
      New sbde are kind of units independed, only whole stack numbers important.
    • f118 wrote:

hm... if i see it right, we will have big troubles with 10er stack smarming taktiks now...
      Each 10er stack of own armour category on same attack way, with same speed and same time, would kill everything.
      Potentially megastack would defend each attack only with 10 units. And every defencive damage would be splitted by all attacking stacks. That mean attacker never receive 100% damage, but deffer does.
      That can be done already in CoW1.0, just with different unit numbers. Both versions use the same mechanics how damage for multiple attackers and multiple defenders is allocated. I know we have some issues there. Changing this goes very deep, we may do it some time in the future.
    • freezy wrote:

f118 wrote:

hm... if i see it right, we will have big troubles with 10er stack smarming taktiks now...
      That can be done already in CoW1.0, just with different unit numbers. Both versions use the same mechanics how damage for multiple attackers and multiple defenders is allocated. I know we have some issues there. Changing this goes very deep, we may do it some time in the future.
      Question is my stack is over the limit do the hit points still factor in. I understand what your saying about damage, so that not my question. If I have 15 tac bombers and the limit for damage is 10 is that also to total hitpoint. Or maybe better to ask is the hit point for 15 tac bombers the same as 10 bombers? Also if I have over the limit can the planes not within the 10 stack number be damaged?
      Call Of War All-Time Wins Leader
      Top 20 player
      Frontline Pioneer