Tankettes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is Tankettes a Good Idea? 15
      Yey (5) 33%
      Nay (10) 67%
    Tankettes were used in WWII although the German's tankettes were better.

The Tankettes were gunned with one to two machine guns. They were ruffly the size of a light tank and were infantry support units mainly used for scouting. Usually when encountering people(Militia, infantry, and [in later versions] armored cars and light tanks. In the late times of WWII the tankettes were equipped with light tank turrets. It was mainly a scout, infantry support vehicle, and a infantry effective tank. They were also very good at going undetected by artillery and attacking them.

Buildings: Factory Lvl 1 and Infrastructure Lvl 1 Barracks Lvl 1

Base Cost: 500 Resources, 500 Manpower, 1,250 Metal, 500 Oil, 1,500 Money

Daily Upkeep: 20 Food and 75 Oil

~Strength Against Armor Classes~

-Infantry-
    Attack: 3.0
    Defence: 3.0

-Armor-
    Attack: 0.3
    Defense: 0.5

-Air-
    Attack: 0.0
    Defense: 0.5

-Structure-
    Attack: 0.5

~Terrain Properties~

Plains: HP-20 Speed-50 Strength- +50

Hills: HP-20 Speed-40

Mountains: HP-20 Speed-20 Strength- -25

Urban: HP-10 Speed-40 Strength- -50

Sea: HP-5 Speed-23

~Other~
    View Range: 60

~Research: Day 1(Branch off of armor car)

~Production Time: 20 Hours
    Betrayal is always coming wether you know it or not - Me(As Japan)

The post was edited 2 times, last by UNSC_Scerbs ().

• d.jahnsen wrote:

tankettes are just slower armored cars, if they are going to be added i think it should be the militia of armored units.
    with no industrial capacities needed
    The Tankettes would need a factory and it would be easy because you start with them. So instead of infrastructure it would just need barracks.
  • I don't think there were any German tankette.

If tankettes were in the game, they should be legacy units in historical scenarios, for countries like Italy, Spain, Poland or Soviet Union. You can't build them, they suck but well you start with them.

Probably 2.5 A/2.5 defense against infantry (same as light tank), 0.3/0.5 against armor (same as militia ^^), 15 HP, speed of a light tank. Cannot be upgraded.

I would love to see legacy cavalry as well.
  • Chimere wrote:

I don't think there were any German tankette.
    German PZ 1, and some of the 2s would have been classed as tankettes as the armament consisted of machine guns, eventually small guns, and their armour was extremely light. The 1s were more of a training vehicle that was pressed into early war service to flesh out armoured units. The chassis did have wide use and was adapted to many variants.
    tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/nazi_germany/Panzer_I.php
  • WascallywabbitCDN wrote:

Chimere wrote:

German PZ 1, and some of the 2s would have been classed as tankettes as the armament consisted of machine guns, eventually small guns, and their armour was extremely light. The 1s were more of a training vehicle that was pressed into early war service to flesh out armoured units. The chassis did have wide use and was adapted to many variants.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/nazi_germany/Panzer_I.php
    I would say the weight is a bit on the heavy side to be a tankette but yes, since there is no universal definition for Tankette Pz I could qualify.
    Pz II not a way. Way too heavy and overgunned relatively to what a tankette would be.
  • Chimere wrote:

If tankettes were in the game, they should be legacy units in historical scenarios, for countries like Italy, Spain, Poland or Soviet Union. You can't build them, they suck but well you start with them.

Probably 2.5 A/2.5 defense against infantry (same as light tank), 0.3/0.5 against armor (same as militia ^^), 15 HP, speed of a light tank. Cannot be upgraded.

I would love to see legacy cavalry as well.
    The German Tankette was used the most infact and all countries had a form of tankette.

Polan:TKS/TK-3

Soviet Union:T-17,T-23,T-27, and ect.

Italy:L3/33, L3/35

And a lot of other countries too.

Like the US, France, UK, Czechoslovakia, Japan, and ect.
    If a country didn't use tankettes then all you have to do is give them their historical allies type. Like the railroad gun.

And the armor debuff is probably a better idea, but it was used against infantry so it should be 3.0.
    It was also much faster than a light tank.

It should also be upgradable because they where always making better versions of the last one in WWII. Which some even ended up being armed as a light tank but still so small considered a tankette.

The post was edited 1 time, last by UNSC_Scerbs ().

• UNSC_Scerbs wrote:

d.jahnsen wrote:

tankettes are just slower armored cars, if they are going to be added i think it should be the militia of armored units.
    The Tankettes would need a factory and it would be easy because you start with them. So instead of infrastructure it would just need barracks.
    The problem would be the role un the game, tanketes was usually used by poor industrial capacities countries, Soo i think they must have low requeriments to build.

For axis tankettes they could use czech tankettes
    "Si crees que esto tendrá un final feliz, es que no has estado prestando atención"
  • d.jahnsen wrote:

UNSC_Scerbs wrote:

d.jahnsen wrote:

The problem would be the role un the game, tanketes was usually used by poor industrial capacities countries, Soo i think they must have low requeriments to build.
    For axis tankettes they could use czech tankettes
    The US and a lot of other high production capacity countries made them in high amounts for their importance in the war.
  • UNSC_Scerbs wrote:

d.jahnsen wrote:

The US and a lot of other high production capacity countries made them in high amounts for their importance in the war.
    These countries built them as they didn't functional tank designs, at the time. Tankettes were a stopgap measure until more combat capable AFVs could be developed and produced in sufficient quantities, and allowed these countries to test out design options to be used in future models.
  • I would not have anymore scouting units other than the armoured car because there are many suggestions and the game is getting more and more complicated with these new units in 1.5.
    BeaveRyan
    EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader