Call of War vs Conflict of Nations

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I think CoW is better for only 1 reason: I don’t like the graphics in CoN. But this is the CoW forum, so the results you get might be biased...
      If I had Canadian Soldiers, American Technology, and British Officers, I would rule the world. -Winston Churchill
      FORUM GANG Second Lieutenant :00000461:
      CALL OF WAR TECHNICIAN THIRD GRADE
    • I like call of war because it doesn't try too hard imo. The chat box in conflict of nations is pretty dead (i'm aware there is a discord to replace the chat box) but it's nice to have to talk to others while i'm moving my troops or looking at my map instead of always going on discord then go on conflict of nations. I don't know but there is just something about call of war that conflict of nations is missing. Conflict of nations isn't for me.
    • I want to vote but I've never played CoN...
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • I played CoN once ... The game was over once I chose a country (Austria) and was asked to pick a flag, but the game would not load it- even if the image required little memory ... I figured that it was a bug ... Kept getting e-mails to get back in game, but I could not because I could not load a flag ... Last e-mail I got said I got wiped out and lost ... Never tried playing it again, but found CoW and stayed here ... May be CoN tried providing flags to players after that ... ?(
    • Call Of War all the way. Why? Because,1st CON Graphics suck, 2nd COW Map is way better to understand than CON,3rd. Coalitions are harder to make than they need to be 4th I find it harder,for some reason, to produce a good amount of units 5th. The Map all ways glitches out. Call of War,In my opinion,is superior and will always be superior.
      Master Sergeant ~ Waronthemoon
    • Honestly, I think that i am neutral. Just started with CoN but he graphics suck and the players are not cooperative. No disrespect to anyone. Also, the insurgency rate is outrageous. After many months of COW, i find it a bit boring now because it is too easy for the entire map to go inactive. CoN is almost opposite and everyone is active. Also, there are a lot of units opportunities in CoN for me to learn and find out more!
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • I like Conflict of Nations. I like Call of War. No one game is superior to the other. I like them both, for different reasons.

What I DON'T like is how Call of War is trying so hard to be Conflict of Nations. Once 1.5 becomes official, I am very, very likely going to completely abandon Call of War. I don't need two Conflict of Nations games.
    • because the update removes some of the core differences? ^^

about con vs cow: con all the way

and yeah somehow i find it ridiculous asking in a cow forum if ppl prefer cow vs con
      besides that, we already had that thread and as always: the search option is your friend
      Images
      • c2.png

172.36 kB, 1,088×354, viewed 448 times
      Teburu

GER/EN Forums
      Conflict of Nations Veteran
      I suck at COW
      idk what else to put here :D
    • Both games are good, but I have voted for COW, the reason being is that there are more players active, the rankings are tight and the screen layout is better.

With regards to Conflict, the game is really good for modern warfare strategy, I have played multiple games and have almost won.

When a game is tight the tables can turn really fast with a coin spend and this can throw out the overall strategy and means less technical gameplay, especially that air power movements are so large.

Another point to consider is the theatre air defence units, very good unit once finally upgraded, but doomed to try it out in a tight game, it is too long to research this unit, and others. I nearly had a coalition victory as Spain, using the theatre defence unit strategy with air to air fighters, I went to sleep and the next day a coiner ruined the whole thing, the game just happens way too fast.
    • WarOnTheMoon wrote:

Call Of War all the way. Why? Because,1st CON Graphics suck, 2nd COW Map is way better to understand than CON,3rd. Coalitions are harder to make than they need to be 4th I find it harder,for some reason, to produce a good amount of units 5th. The Map all ways glitches out. Call of War,In my opinion,is superior and will always be superior.
      there's a ton of stuff to research in CoN also and u cant zoom in and out as easily in CoN as you can in CoN
      One day there will be no more wars
    • Yeah and the resources are super annoying...plus once the point in buying/annexing a city if you already conquered it. And in CoN gold matters a lot...and it can affect the game much more than it does in CoW. Also try asking this question on the conflict of nations forum you will get pretty much the opposite result lol.