rebellion all over the world

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• No, this isn't logical, as I've stated earlier. If that is your only issue, then it's ok. However, the rebelling in itself is intended and there's really no problem.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • There are many factors that go into rebellions. The factors of province morale, economy, popularity, diplomatic relations, and even history between the countries can all play a part.

On a philosophical level, joining a neutral country may give the population a better chance at peace and being cared for than joining simply another side in the same area. You would be risking an international incident by declaring war on Sweden to recapture this province and so you go around it. In this way the rebellion system protected the population from additional war.

Sounds completely logical to me.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • freezy wrote:

The current behaviour is indeed intended. There was a bug since at least August last year that supressed revolts in most of the cases, which is now fixed. So revolts should now happen again more frequently. Also the displayed revolt chance got corrected, since it also showed wrong values.

There were also quite a few forum threads open regarding this topic here in the bug reporting section.

But you are right that we should have published an upfront hint that this mechanic gets fixed so players can prepare. Sorry that we didn't do it.

freezy wrote:

I was talking about revolts happening at all, and their frequency. This part works as intended now.

We didnt touch the logic which determines to which country it rebels to. This may still be not the most optimal solution but it wasnt part of the bugfix.
      Having played CoW for over three years, it has been an ongoing issue regarding morale and all of the pentiaties to it that cause rebellions. In my mind, these two are interconnected. Thankfully, some of this is addressed in 1.5 such as the removal of penalties for being at war with countries.

However, this reversion to pre-August 2019 has been more impactful on rebellions and not welcomed. In one map (America Homebound) I had 13 rebellions at day change. Some of these had one Infantry on them, they were overthrown (in the past that use to be enough army strength). Lost an AC on the plains to a coalition member and he got my AC. In one instance, Arkansas that had lost his capital and entire core, was rewarded with eight provinces (and 2 working IC's somehow) back. He had one province in Far West Mexico. Lost provinces to AI's.

prntscr.com/slfgnc

This is not how war works. Thrown out the window are Blitzkrieg advances as I had almost every province rebel that was taken along the way. Did the Netherlands and Belgium rebel when Germany advanced into Paris? Obviously no.

The only solution I see is a trench warfare WWI approach where you have a massed frontline, with troops in the rear, to slowly and boringly, move forward. Or gold for morale.

Either way, this is way overblown and was no this aggressive pre-August 2019. And I know all the "tips and tricks" such as capturing capitals, not having enemmy provinces next to you, etc. and so on.

Long story short, this sucks and will stop playing until addressed.
    • It seems to me you fixed bug by creating new one. I conquered territory with 6 SP arty, next day they rebelled and I lost 4 arty, one goes to my coalition partner and one stayed for me. If rebellions work that way I am very disappointed. It is almost impossible to play. I play 100 players map, in a war with whole coalition of 5 of them, I am wining the war, have 2300 points for now, and whole world is on rebellion. It is nothing but just annoying thing. You just have to take same province several times, they are not protected.... Boring.
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • f118 wrote:

learn to play CoW really, not only ambush and expand without a plan how to hold your land safe.
      What an advice. If we hold land safe we will play one map forever. This game is going from bad to worse.
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • truth be told germany was milking rebuilt AI capitals of french and soviet union (maybe devs wanna take a look at this loophole how one can milk money out of stupid AIs for days) thats why the morale was extremely low on african and soviet provinces, therefore loads of provinces revolted at once at day change
      and the arguement that there were threads open about it by OTHER PLAYERS is enough and the game devs or forum mods dont have to make a pinned thread about the issue is completely nuts
      you just dont want to publicly aknowledge there are bugs in your game
      and after the bug fix everyone is punished of your negligence because they didnt know there was one

i can understand that singapur -a noncore province- joins back to the UK (after a peace agreement tho)
      BUT
      i will never ever accept the arguement that the rebels joins to a totally different country on the other side of the planet like sweden in new zealand and spain in a australian province and its a completely real like scenario
      there wouldnt have been a ww2 if that would work, just a jigsaw thingy in europe right?

what is the point of me playing this game if the game gives out rebelling provinces to countries RNG style?
    • zecevi123 wrote:

All the pepole mad at this need to git gud. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

REbellions are great because they stop rapid expansion and give more strategy that isnt just:

1.kill unit
      2.capture province.
      Rebellions just makes the game slower and it is slow already. What is blitzkrieg? This is supposed to be WWII game not WWI.Devs this one is bad.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dv8nt: drug refferences are not allowed ().

• 60% of the players quit at day 1 and players slowly leave the game because they get bored of only AI countries surrounding them and bugs all over the place

you can take those AI countries, but then you have to deal with this bullshit RNG rebbellion and carriers and planes dont work how they are supposed to, units randomly go back and forth between 2 points, units teleport around
      ITS WILD ALRIGHT
    • The best way to win in this game is to sit and do nothing. Make buildings and army and wait others to kill each other and then most of provinces will rebel to you, or all of them :)
    • The revolt chance is shown in the morale tooltip of a province. It usually shows a chance of around 24% for a captured province at 25% morale, and also did so before the bugfix. Sadly due to the bug the real chance was more close to 0%, resulting in basically no revolts occuring anymore. We fixed that and now the chance is back to 24%.

So it is absolutely correct that a quarter of your freshly conquered provinces rebel to another country. It is the value that was intended since the beginning of Call of War and how it worked back then before the bug was introduced. It is how the game worked successfully for years, so it is not a "bad change and downfall of CoW" or anything like that, rather a return to normal.
      It is a balancing feature that gives some downsides to careless expansion and gives some more importance to proper planning and economics and province management.

Certainly at first it is a shock to players who got used to nothing rebelling in the last months, and needs some adjustments of playstyle again to account for this. We are sorry that we did not prepare the playerbase accordingly for that.

Countries joining other countries on the other side of the map on the other hand is not intended and we will look into it.
    • freezy wrote:

The revolt chance is shown in the morale tooltip of a province. It usually shows a chance of around 24% for a captured province at 25% morale, and also did so before the bugfix. Sadly due to the bug the real chance was more close to 0%, resulting in basically no revolts occuring anymore. We fixed that and now the chance is back to 24%.

So it is absolutely correct that a quarter of your freshly conquered provinces rebel to another country. It is the value that was intended since the beginning of Call of War and how it worked back then before the bug was introduced. It is how the game worked successfully for years, so it is not a "bad change and downfall of CoW" or anything like that, rather a return to normal.
      It is a balancing feature that gives some downsides to careless expansion and gives some more importance to proper planning and economics and province management.

Certainly at first it is a shock to players who got used to nothing rebelling in the last months, and needs some adjustments of playstyle again to account for this. We are sorry that we did not prepare the playerbase accordingly for that.

Countries joining other countries on the other side of the map on the other hand is not intended and we will look into it.
      Boy, seriously, I have known the game for 3 years, and let me tell you, they passed their hand when they fixed the bug, it is not just the fact that it is 24% of losing an unprotected region (which in itself is very high for historical reach), but the fact that now the units placed to protect these regions are too easily overwhelmed.

A few days ago in one of my games I put 2 light tanks in a city recently conquered to protect that factory from being lost in the revolt ... and it was overwhelmed by the revolt !!!!

Seriously ... I know that tanks were weaker in cities, but how is it possible that a revolt that shouldn't have more power than a level 1 militia can surpass 2 armored divisions .....

I have also lost several tanks protecting hills, and many infantry ...

How is it possible that these units also turn against me? Why don't you die in your damn job! in the worst case desert damn it!

There is no way to reliably insure against revolts today even if you stop and put your entire army to defend region by region ... that is very wrong.
      Make Chile Playable Again!
    • YitanTribal wrote:

How is it possible ..
      Alcohol and enticements of young local girls -- the usual stuff

YitanTribal wrote:

There is no way to reliably insure against revolts today even if you stop and put your entire army to defend region by region ... that is very wrong.
      >>>

>> forum.callofwar.com/index.php?thread/-complete-guide-to-rebellions-and-province-morale >>

>>>

Lawrence Czl wrote:

Province Morale:
      16% = 83% (ground units with 21 hit points to get 0% rebellion)
      17% =77% chance of rebellion without a garrison (ground units with 20 hit points to get 0% rebellion)
      18% = 71% (18 hit points)
      19% = 65% (17 hit points)
      20% = 59% (15 hit points)
      21% = 53 (14 hit points)
      22% = 47% (12 hit points)
      23% = 41% (11 hit points to get 0% rebellion)
      24% = 35% (9 hit points)
      25% = 28% (7 hit points)
      26% = 22% (5 hit points)
      27% = 16% (4 hit points)
      28% = 10% (3 hit points)
      29% = 4% (1 hit point)
      30% or higher = 0%
      Note: Hit points are attack points except defense points for AA and SP AA

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D