rebellion all over the world

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Restrisiko wrote:

YitanTribal wrote:

How is it possible ..
      Alcohol and enticements of young local girls -- the usual stuff

YitanTribal wrote:

There is no way to reliably insure against revolts today even if you stop and put your entire army to defend region by region ... that is very wrong.
      >>>
      >> forum.callofwar.com/index.php?thread/-complete-guide-to-rebellions-and-province-morale >>

>>>

Lawrence Czl wrote:

Province Morale:
      16% = 83% (ground units with 21 hit points to get 0% rebellion)
      17% =77% chance of rebellion without a garrison (ground units with 20 hit points to get 0% rebellion)
      18% = 71% (18 hit points)
      19% = 65% (17 hit points)
      20% = 59% (15 hit points)
      21% = 53 (14 hit points)
      22% = 47% (12 hit points)
      23% = 41% (11 hit points to get 0% rebellion)
      24% = 35% (9 hit points)
      25% = 28% (7 hit points)
      26% = 22% (5 hit points)
      27% = 16% (4 hit points)
      28% = 10% (3 hit points)
      29% = 4% (1 hit point)
      30% or higher = 0%
      Note: Hit points are attack points except defense points for AA and SP AA

I know how it works and that's why I come to comment that it is ridiculous ...
      Make Chile Playable Again!
    • YitanTribal wrote:

Well, it's part of THIS game since ever..

..and if you know how it works, how can you believe that 2 light tanks are enough to suppress a revolt in a recently conquered urban province?

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • freezy wrote:

The revolt chance is shown in the morale tooltip of a province. It usually shows a chance of around 24% for a captured province at 25% morale, and also did so before the bugfix. Sadly due to the bug the real chance was more close to 0%, resulting in basically no revolts occuring anymore. We fixed that and now the chance is back to 24%.

So it is absolutely correct that a quarter of your freshly conquered provinces rebel to another country. It is the value that was intended since the beginning of Call of War and how it worked back then before the bug was introduced. It is how the game worked successfully for years, so it is not a "bad change and downfall of CoW" or anything like that, rather a return to normal.
      It is a balancing feature that gives some downsides to careless expansion and gives some more importance to proper planning and economics and province management.

Certainly at first it is a shock to players who got used to nothing rebelling in the last months, and needs some adjustments of playstyle again to account for this. We are sorry that we did not prepare the playerbase accordingly for that.

Countries joining other countries on the other side of the map on the other hand is not intended and we will look into it.
      just an update on what happened since:
      turkey took 23 provinces in australia (they rebelled, 14 provinces just now at day change, they did have low morale so thats on me)
      also the morale of the swedish new zealand and spanish australian provinces doesnt seem to drop much daily (it must be a distance to capital calculation error probably)

i hope this will be fixed soon

thank you again for looking into it
    • Restrisiko wrote:

YitanTribal wrote:

Well, it's part of THIS game since ever..
      ..and if you know how it works, how can you believe that 2 light tanks are enough to suppress a revolt in a recently conquered urban province?
      that I remember, even years before I did not lose almost 1/3 of my newly conquered lands ... maybe 1/5 ..

And how 2 armored divisions is not going to be enough to control a rebellion formed by civilians with sticks and pistols?

What I mean is that the math to calculate the suppression of rebellions is wrong!

The armored vehicles should have a much greater rebellion suppression than the regular units, followed by the infantry and lastly the different artillery ...

But that in the game is totally upside down.
    • I'm in the All Countries: All In #3213647 4x speed - I am playing as Peru and have went into the USA. USA went to AI. I have taken 3/4 of the USA twice and each time the clock turns over, I lose about 2/3rds of the territories I have taken. I then left troops in just about all of the territories(which eats up my food!!). That still did not work as they still flipped back to the USA and either took my troops or eliminated them. I had the big cities like Wash. DC, Philly, Etc.. Still did not help. I then tried to bum rush and beat the clock by sending troops everywhere and taking land. I had my air Force take out all USA troops. Still reverts different territories back. Also, British India and Bhutan were both given two territories in the USA and Canada, just for laughs I guess. Same thing in South America. I landed and had troops in five territories and went to bed. Wake up this morning with one territory and my troops are gone. WTH?? Getting to the point where I just say screw this and start a different game and forget CoW all together. I get an occasional uprising, but this is a little ridiculous. Also, in a realistic sense with the USA. I can see all the gun owners in the USA rising up in certain states, but not all of them!!
    • Agree that the rebellions are just a poorly implemented part of this game, especially bad for Global games, as I see at least 50% of my newly take land flip back to my enemy every turn. The single concept that could easily be changed is the "distance to the capitol" - what the heck does that have to do with anything?????? It might as well be labeled a mysterious alien from outer space comes down and randomly zaps land to change ownership. Nothing to do with reality, as the game designer spend exhausting time to get the little pictures updated for "reality" in viewing the game. Eliminate the -39 I am seeing on ALL of my land in Africa or Asia (I am Argentina this game) and perhaps the riot caused low morale flips of land would be more reasonable. I for one will not spend more money here until this gets changed, as Bytro is just wasting my time. Excessive riots are not fun. AI Australia has lost 50% its homeland to AI Spain that did not own a scrap of land in this area. STUPID STUPID STUPID game design.

Another adjustment that could be a money maker for the game designers is to let the player adjust the amount of resources taken from enemy lands (current 25% is just a resource strangle hold on game play as the food requirement for each province is usually greater than the food supplying provinces in the country taken). Let us adjust how much we take in 10% increments from a region, country, or province with a slider or pick box for taking higher amounts of food or other resource from occupied lands. Each time you adjust this setting it can cost you some gold. You can be a bad leader and starve everyone (and they would thus revolt more), or a good leader and let them have more food and less revolts. These adjustments could happen in the Province List in the right hand menu.
    • TheMaquis wrote:

Agree that the rebellions are just a poorly implemented part of this game, especially bad for Global games, as I see at least 50% of my newly take land flip back to my enemy every turn. The single concept that could easily be changed is the "distance to the capitol" - what the heck does that have to do with anything?????? It might as well be labeled a mysterious alien from outer space comes down and randomly zaps land to change ownership. Nothing to do with reality, as the game designer spend exhausting time to get the little pictures updated for "reality" in viewing the game. Eliminate the -39 I am seeing on ALL of my land in Africa or Asia (I am Argentina this game) and perhaps the riot caused low morale flips of land would be more reasonable. I for one will not spend more money here until this gets changed, as Bytro is just wasting my time. Excessive riots are not fun. AI Australia has lost 50% its homeland to AI Spain that did not own a scrap of land in this area. STUPID STUPID STUPID game design.

Another adjustment that could be a money maker for the game designers is to let the player adjust the amount of resources taken from enemy lands (current 25% is just a resource strangle hold on game play as the food requirement for each province is usually greater than the food supplying provinces in the country taken). Let us adjust how much we take in 10% increments from a region, country, or province with a slider or pick box for taking higher amounts of food or other resource from occupied lands. Each time you adjust this setting it can cost you some gold. You can be a bad leader and starve everyone (and they would thus revolt more), or a good leader and let them have more food and less revolts. These adjustments could happen in the Province List in the right hand menu.
      A bit excessive, but yes ... the moral system needs a rework, especially on maps like 100 (the one that I play the most), where the huge distances make you always have regions permanently with -39, which added to the penalty of neighboring regions that will also have that -39, the effect of systematic degradation occurs that ends with regions with morale at 0, whatever you do.

There are several suggestions in old posts to improve the mechanics of morality, even I could make a new one.

But that an adjustment is needed in the moral system, yes it is.
    • the other thing is war -5 morale each
      in the historical map everyone has provinces all over the place, you take those and you will be basicly at war with them for the rest of the game which is ridiculous
      i cant start a new war because all the wars eating away my southern provinces morale and then given to RNG nations
      but i still have to do that because thats why im playing a war game for pete's sake

i hope the devs will rework the rebellions and morale and think other ways to controll aggressive player's expansionism
      for the record: aggressive players= very active players you dont want to abandon your game as the round loses more than 60% of players at day 3
    • YitanTribal wrote:

TheMaquis wrote:

Agree that the rebellions are just a poorly implemented part of this game, especially bad for Global games, as I see at least 50% of my newly take land flip back to my enemy every turn. The single concept that could easily be changed is the "distance to the capitol" - what the heck does that have to do with anything?????? It might as well be labeled a mysterious alien from outer space comes down and randomly zaps land to change ownership. Nothing to do with reality, as the game designer spend exhausting time to get the little pictures updated for "reality" in viewing the game. Eliminate the -39 I am seeing on ALL of my land in Africa or Asia (I am Argentina this game) and perhaps the riot caused low morale flips of land would be more reasonable. I for one will not spend more money here until this gets changed, as Bytro is just wasting my time. Excessive riots are not fun. AI Australia has lost 50% its homeland to AI Spain that did not own a scrap of land in this area. STUPID STUPID STUPID game design.

A bit excessive, but yes ... the moral system needs a rework, especially on maps like 100 (the one that I play the most), where the huge distances make you always have regions permanently with -39, which added to the penalty of neighboring regions that will also have that -39, the effect of systematic degradation occurs that ends with regions with morale at 0, whatever you do.
      There are several suggestions in old posts to improve the mechanics of morality, even I could make a new one.

But that an adjustment is needed in the moral system, yes it is.
      Me to I agree, also one question, the longer the reply the more exp you gain??
    • "Distance to Capitol" is a real problem in real life.
      Just look at how unhappy Hawaiians are, living so far from Washington DC.

Similarly, "Global Popularity" is a real malus in real life.
      Just look at how weak and poor the USA is because 90% of the worlds countries hate the USA.

PS: if you think the revolt issue is bad on CoW, you might want to try Sone to get a glimpse at how
      bad it will be in CoW 2. Provinces start with only 50% morale, and decline immediately. By day 4, core provinces start revolting, due to a HUGE "Distance to Capitol" penalty.

PPS: Some pity should be reserved for the countries that receive a dozen or so provinces via revolt. That results in a significant reduction of food and goods.
    • I lived in Hawaii for many years, and the distance to the capitol was irrelevant. What was relevant was the history of how white businessmen and clergy conspired to overthrow the Hawaiian government, and how currently the US military owns so much land in the State. The distance only effected the cost of the plane ticket to fly there, not how happy the residents of the State are at any one moment. Dumb concept, it needs to go.
    • Game - 1939 Global Map
      I am Argentina, started with 6 units total, wiped out Japan who owned ALL of China at the time. You can see AI countries all around the left side of China randomly take land during the invasion such that some of my units got trapped unless I go to war to get them out.

The final morale riots and province flips caused me to go to war with India as some of Japan's controlled Tibet land changed right during my invasion. Flips still occurring in China down by Vietnam.

This photo shows how I went on to wipe out India too, and they have very little land or units left to fight.
      Images
      • p1 copy.jpg

148.95 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 6 times
    • This photo shows some of the first morale riots shifting land in India as I proceed to wipe them off of the map.
      It is random, and appears at rates far greater than what the morale says, as several are saying 8% chance to flip, which means very few would flip, but they do any way.
      Images
      • p2 copy.jpg

152.81 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 6 times
    • This photo shows I nearly have India wiped out, but there is one province I can not attack without going to war with another AI controlled country. Remind you that there are 2 other live people playing that I would rather go after but the random daily morale riot flips of provinces has me constantly having to back track to retake areas.
      Images
      • p3 copy.jpg

152.06 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 4 times