rebellion all over the world

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Photo 5 shows today's clock change causing over 24 province flips back to India. This time I lost 5 units. One was a stack of 3 Level 5 artillery STUPID STUPID STUPID

Bytro programmers have got to get their work right if they want their customers to remain happy and keep playing. I for one will not be back, especially to GLOBAL GAMES. The minus 39 for distance to capitol is a LAME game concept that has nothing to do with reality. They might as well call it alien super green puppy monsters cause a minus 39 to each province, that would make it at least funny if not more relevant to WW2 in 1939.
      Images
      • p5 copy.jpg

154.11 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 2 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by VorlonFCW ().

• It is about a 3 page scroll to see the list of provinces lost during these events.
      What even more STUPID
      AI controlled Australia has now lost nearly all of the western half of their country to SPAIN !!!!!!
      SPAIN is also AI controlled and is no where in the area.

Of course it makes sense that Australians would riot and want to join SPAIN.

Bytro - fix your program - in this same game the airplanes have never functioned correctly on top of moving aircraft carriers. Lost 4 interceptors "at sea" and 5 TAC bombers. They turn into transport trucks and sink at sea. The first Bytro claim to fixing the issue has the trucks at least not sink, and I route them to shore, build and air base, and fly them back to my carrier and keep them on patrol full time.
      Images
      • p6 copy.jpg

173.42 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 3 times
    • Perhaps they "over-fixed" it? I think your case is a bit on the extreme side, but it does seem like 24% isn't 24% in reality. Feels more like 30%, if not more...
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Little Racoon wrote:

Perhaps they "over-fixed" it? I think your case is a bit on the extreme side, but it does seem like 24% isn't 24% in reality. Feels more like 30%, if not more...
      I believe that yes, the rebellion ratio feels much higher than before the rebellions stopped working, in a game x4 of the "all in" event, in 2 real days, the United States after losing its capital, entered such a rebellion seeks that even before being able to take even 1/3 of the country, all the regions were rebelling, changing to neutral countries of Europe ...

There are 2 general problems in my opinion:

1) is that the rebellion ratio is very high both for gameplay and for historical approaches (perhaps, the ratio of 24% is fine for a city, but not for a rural field).

2) When a coastal region is revealed, it can change to any country with coastal regions regardless of their distance. It happened to me that in a similar game, with the Dominican Republic, South American regions rebelled in my favor, I do not bother of course, but it is super illogical that this will happen.

It should have a limit of distance at which a coastal region can change its loyalty towards other coastal countries, or else too many strange cases occur.
      Make Chile Playable Again!
    • It comes down to the "distance to the capitol" being minus 39. Farr to great of a number, and probably the driver in what causes all of these riot flips of provinces.

So if this "distance to the capitol" is such a factor, then what is the distance to the capitol for the country on the losing side of the battle that just lost its capitol and now has none????????????????? Should that distance not be infinity?? or zero -- very bad for an infinity figure and very good for a zero - - just what value does the program assign a country with no capitol.

If there is no morale penalty for losing a capitol and none for never rebuilding a capitol would it not be beneficial for allies to then attack and capture each others capitols at the start of the game, then return to being allies, and then play the rest of the game with no capitol. Thus never having a minus 39 in their calculation for morale with the "distance to the capitol" issue.

This example shows exactly how poorly thought out this whole calculation of morale has been done in this game.

Fix the problem
      Sadly the only way a post gets attention is if you add a swear word into your text.
      DUCK DUCK DUCK
      Otherwise they just ignore the concerns of their customers.
    • Call of War
      has officially now become
      Whack-A-Mole

just what 30 - 40 - or 50 provinces will change over on your next turn???????

who knows, cause it is a random creation of poor programmers that would rather spend more time updating the little pictures of the tanks for historical accuracy.

I just keep waiting to be taken over by Lichtenstein, Andorra, Vatican City, or Monaco - that would be a hoot - add a level of realism not yet seen in Call of War - opps I mean Whack A Mole.
      Images
      • wack a mole.jpg

10.65 kB, 345×163, viewed 1 times
    • TheMaquis wrote:

So if this "distance to the capitol" is such a factor, then what is the distance to the capitol for the country on the losing side of the battle that just lost its capitol and now has none????????????????? Should that distance not be infinity?? or zero -- very bad for an infinity figure and very good for a zero - - just what value does the program assign a country with no capitol.

If there is no morale penalty for losing a capitol and none for never rebuilding a capitol would it not be beneficial for allies to then attack and capture each others capitols at the start of the game, then return to being allies, and then play the rest of the game with no capitol. Thus never having a minus 39 in their calculation for morale with the "distance to the capitol" issue.
      In case you have never lost the capital, the answer is a -60 penalty to morale in all regions. Quite higher than -39 which is the maximum penalty for distance to capital.
    • nope, not lost my Cap since the first times I started playing this game 5 years ago. Big gap in my play time, then gave it a try again and been winning lately.

So if the -60 is true, India has that one province I can not reach at 40 morale for several days, so their only penalty has been the loss of the capitol. And it remains at morale 40 for last 2 days, only in day 3 of their entire country being over run has it now gone down to 38. How long for the bottom to drop on this Tibet province that India owns????
    • Perhaps a great moral penalty is needed for the isolated regions, I understand your pain very well since I have had to start wars for the same reason.

Isolated regions, which do not have a direct route to the capital (either by land, sea, or allied territories) should have an extra penalty and thus avoid those annoying regions to invade ....

A but of course, that country does not have capital ... perhaps they should also consider solitary regions totally trapped by regions of another country when the capital is not present ..
    • The goal of fixed rebellions is to use gold to raise morale.
      I left 6 SP arty in province I took and it rebelled leaving me one arty, one goes to my ally and 4 killed. interesting fix, I write it here after being banned for a week, drugs are sensitive topic for moderators here, so do not write about it :)
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • i just stopped playing this game which punishes players who are online a lot and take provinces a lot to try to win the game
      a game which loses 60% of the players at day 3
      a game forum where our feedback is not important and our bug reports is acting as schrödinger's cat as no official pinned bug thread open when we find a bug (the bug is either alive or not, until observed by other players)

really addictive game, really bugged and terrible bug fixxing time, and zero communication between devs and players

peace out
    • Ethedor wrote:

i just stopped playing this game which punishes players who are online a lot and take provinces a lot to try to win the game
      a game which loses 60% of the players at day 3
      a game forum where our feedback is not important and our bug reports is acting as schrödinger's cat as no official pinned bug thread open when we find a bug (the bug is either alive or not, until observed by other players)

really addictive game, really bugged and terrible bug fixxing time, and zero communication between devs and players

peace out
      I'm sorry that I can't give you more than one like ...
    • I will never spend gold on increasing morale, especially when it can just randomly go back down on the next clock change. Solved my problem with this current game and retired, and got the other 2 to agree with me. Final unit count at the end time was me with 220+ units, Turkey ~70, Germany ~70, they were teamed and I was sure I could wipe them BOTH out.

I spend gold on fights & invasions with real players, not AI junk defenders. SO what could have seen me spend more gold to wipe out these last 2 players in this GLOBAL game, the faulty morale distance to the capitol pushed me to end the game instead. I will check back in a year or so to see if this gets fixed, in the mean time I expect the Bytro game designers will keep making cooler pictures of little tanks and getting the accurate model designation numbers of each weapon system on the production menus for the sake of reality playing WW2 scenarios, yet fully expect them to keep ignoring this glaring problem with their game that takes the focus AWAY from PvP games and forces us to play against an endless series of STUPID AI countries abandon by other gamers that did not make it past day 3 due to lack of interest.

Maybe I should throw in a swear word to get SOMEONE to actually read this complaint. Hope these german programs go hire some programmers from SoCal to help them figure out how to make this a more playable global game. See you in a year.
    • As I have said before, the rebellion mechanic is operating as designed now, and this is one of the parts of the game that make it so much more than a simple video game. Proper management of morale is a fundamental approach to refined gameplay.

You do not need gold or luck, simply a well formed plan and knowledge of the way the system works.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

As I have said before, the rebellion mechanic is operating as designed now, and this is one of the parts of the game that make it so much more than a simple video game. Proper management of morale is a fundamental approach to refined gameplay.

You do not need gold or luck, simply a well formed plan and knowledge of the way the system works.
      Ok, I can say I have a lot experience in playing this game. To much time wasted :) Rebellions work strange, and I have a question that nobody answered. I left 6 SP arty in province I took, after day change it rebelled and killed 4 arty, one remain to me and one to my ally who got province.In news says 4k casualties for me. Is that supposed to happen? Lets say that province morale was 25%, I left there army who`s strength was minimum 15! Second example, I lead Madagascar on 100 players map. I control all Africa and most of Asia, including Kamchatka. I was in war with whole coalition of 5, I defeated them and I had very big problem with morale, but I fixed it before this change in game. I made all of core provinces level 5 fortress and level 3 infrastructure, moved my capitol and took several capitols of some inactive countries. You have to take capitol and then wait day or two for AI to make new one, than take it again and again. I raised morale in 86%, and I am out of AI capitols now and morale will drop. MY capitol is now in India region, and my core provinces are about 85% of morale and failing. There is no way to keep all provinces happy, I spent about a week or two (you know I posted a question how to raise morale ) building infrastructure and fortress only. Rarely I made some troops, I was in no fight and others are wondering what is going on, they feel game is taking longer than usual.
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.