rebellion all over the world

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• patriota75 wrote:

VorlonFCW wrote:

As I have said before, the rebellion mechanic is operating as designed now, and this is one of the parts of the game that make it so much more than a simple video game. Proper management of morale is a fundamental approach to refined gameplay.

You do not need gold or luck, simply a well formed plan and knowledge of the way the system works.
      Ok, I can say I have a lot experience in playing this game. To much time wasted :) Rebellions work strange, and I have a question that nobody answered. I left 6 SP arty in province I took, after day change it rebelled and killed 4 arty, one remain to me and one to my ally who got province.In news says 4k casualties for me. Is that supposed to happen? Lets say that province morale was 25%, I left there army who`s strength was minimum 15! Second example, I lead Madagascar on 100 players map. I control all Africa and most of Asia, including Kamchatka. I was in war with whole coalition of 5, I defeated them and I had very big problem with morale, but I fixed it before this change in game. I made all of core provinces level 5 fortress and level 3 infrastructure, moved my capitol and took several capitols of some inactive countries. You have to take capitol and then wait day or two for AI to make new one, than take it again and again. I raised morale in 86%, and I am out of AI capitols now and morale will drop. MY capitol is now in India region, and my core provinces are about 85% of morale and failing. There is no way to keep all provinces happy, I spent about a week or two (you know I posted a question how to raise morale ) building infrastructure and fortress only. Rarely I made some troops, I was in no fight and others are wondering what is going on, they feel game is taking longer than usual.
      6 sp arty with full 100% hp rebel?
    • Tasmine wrote:

patriota75 wrote:

VorlonFCW wrote:

As I have said before, the rebellion mechanic is operating as designed now, and this is one of the parts of the game that make it so much more than a simple video game. Proper management of morale is a fundamental approach to refined gameplay.

You do not need gold or luck, simply a well formed plan and knowledge of the way the system works.
      Ok, I can say I have a lot experience in playing this game. To much time wasted :) Rebellions work strange, and I have a question that nobody answered. I left 6 SP arty in province I took, after day change it rebelled and killed 4 arty, one remain to me and one to my ally who got province.In news says 4k casualties for me. Is that supposed to happen? Lets say that province morale was 25%, I left there army who`s strength was minimum 15! Second example, I lead Madagascar on 100 players map. I control all Africa and most of Asia, including Kamchatka. I was in war with whole coalition of 5, I defeated them and I had very big problem with morale, but I fixed it before this change in game. I made all of core provinces level 5 fortress and level 3 infrastructure, moved my capitol and took several capitols of some inactive countries. You have to take capitol and then wait day or two for AI to make new one, than take it again and again. I raised morale in 86%, and I am out of AI capitols now and morale will drop. MY capitol is now in India region, and my core provinces are about 85% of morale and failing. There is no way to keep all provinces happy, I spent about a week or two (you know I posted a question how to raise morale ) building infrastructure and fortress only. Rarely I made some troops, I was in no fight and others are wondering what is going on, they feel game is taking longer than usual.
      6 sp arty with full 100% hp rebel?
      It happened to me
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

24 rebellions daily, 30-40-50 provinces lost to AI countries. AI Spain takes 50% of AI Australia. And the game designers spend so much time to be sure the little pictures of tanks and the technical names of each unit shows up correct in the production menu to make this real - programming fools. Moving your capitol as a "real" game concept to "manage" your morale. All issues that distract live players from planning and invading living players and instead direct and redirect a players attention to dealing with daily flips of AI countries. Global game is not playable, not realistic. You guys are just dumb to keep defending the poor game design and game concepts like a minus 39 for distance to the capitol.
    • TheMaquis wrote:

24 rebellions daily, 30-40-50 provinces lost to AI countries. AI Spain takes 50% of AI Australia. And the game designers spend so much time to be sure the little pictures of tanks and the technical names of each unit shows up correct in the production menu to make this real - programming fools. Moving your capitol as a "real" game concept to "manage" your morale. All issues that distract live players from planning and invading living players and instead direct and redirect a players attention to dealing with daily flips of AI countries. Global game is not playable, not realistic. You guys are just dumb to keep defending the poor game design and game concepts like a minus 39 for distance to the capitol.
      Chill... no need to be so mean to Vorlon.

Anyway, I have a suggestion which I think has been suggested before: remove the distance from capital morale drop (although keeping the losing capital morale drop) while keeping the current rebellion mechanics somewhat the same. Since the biggest problem comes from the distance from capital, I think the simple removal of that factor is enough for the game to continue smoothly while still having the scary rebellion factor.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • patriota75 wrote:

The best way to win in this game is to sit and do nothing. Make buildings and army and wait others to kill each other and then most of provinces will rebel to you, or all of them :)
      I know from the smiley included there (according to Poe's law) and your previous posts, that this is intended to be sarcasm but... This is genuinely a great advice. That is not to say Blitzkrieg are bad or impossible now, I see several ways to adapt to this.

Also about your SP Artillery rebellion thing, can you give more details such as the terrains, the morale, the health of the units, and the levels?
    • AK140 wrote:

Also about your SP Artillery rebellion thing, can you give more details such as the terrains, the morale, the health of the units, and the levels?
      I do not remember all details. I know it was in event all in, I was leading Haiti and I took province with hills and forest, I usually keep army out of province center so if it rebels I can take it back, but this time I had 6 SP arty and I though that it will be enough to keep them in province center and that they will prevent rebellion. Next time I entered game, in about an hour I saw that province belongs to my coalition member and he had one SP arty, one SP arty stayed in my ownership and 4 were missing. In news was article about rebellion where 4k of my man killed in action. I looked at SP arty strength and it was 2.5 for that one who remained there. So 6 of them must have strength of 15, I do not remember what level they were.
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • It was like I wrote in previous post, I could not believe too, but it happened.
      I also loosed 19 SP arty while they were going under 2 level 2 interceptors who were in patrol and 50% of morale. Killed in one tick... Send report and they say it is a known bug. I stopped to send reports, waste of time too.
    • This is a knowing issue. Not bug.

If you encounter this situation. You need to split them out. And SP artillery anti air bonus not high. Suggest you to mix with other type units.

In S1, I saw a player called Lenin8 split 13 intercepters and bombers to 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 while I attack his airport when they are refueling.

I used 24 intercepters to attack him. Spilt to 6,9,9.

His airplanes all survived. Then he try to fight back. Attack after refueling right the way. Then I mimic him to split to 1,1,1,1....then his higher lv intercepters catch me up and all dead.

Me, only lost 2% hp totally.

Then he said he's gonna delete his account, lol

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tasmine ().

• The S1 revolt behaviour is not the behaviour of CoW though and won't get introduced here.

As stated earlier, when no counter measures are taken it is intended that 24% of newly conquered provinces rebell to other countries. This was intended since the inception of CoW. No issue here and no change needed.

There are currently 2 bugs though:

1. Countries sometimes rebel to countries which are far away. We identified a potential cause for this and will fix this in an upcoming update, but it is not certain if it will fix each and every case. Code wise this shouldnt even be possible and in some examples there could be other explanations as well, like those countries having once owned some of the rebelling provinces (provinces remember their last owner under which they were happy and are most likely to rebel back to them), or that those countries have a province nearby (provinces which are rebelling check in a radius around them for other provinces that have different owners). But hopefully the part we will fix will already reduce the problem.

2. The calculation how much army strength is needed to suppress a revolt to 0% is currently incorrect and too high. This is also being fixed right now, and will be patched in an upcoming update. Once that is done the suppress values will be more linear and close to the original calues.

Everything else not mentioned within these 2 points is intended.
    • freezy wrote:

Finally. Someone of devs to say that bugs exist. Two bugs in rebellions, how much of bugs are in whole game?
      Did second of these two cause rebellion of province with 6 SP arty I mention earlier?

Tasmine wrote:

This is a knowing issue. Not bug.

If you encounter this situation. You need to split them out. And SP artillery anti air bonus not high. Suggest you to mix with other type units.
      This is knowing bug. Game mehanics does not work properly and people often loose bunch of units in one tick of patroling planes. It happens in other battles too. 2 interceptors can not kill 19 SP arty in one tick, not even in ten,,, That bug is here for several weeks, maybe months.

The post was edited 1 time, last by patriota75 ().

• What's why I ask you about sp artillery power, hp and terrain.

If a province require 30 power to down revolt chance to 0. And you dont have enough power. It has chance to caused rebellion.

To freezy:
      You sure it's not same thing?
      Last time I played Homefront. I saw player splited their airplanes. One player use 1,1,1,1,1,1.... to patrol the same point, try to trapped me.

I also split my ground units later. Then he doesnt try to approach me.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tasmine ().

• freezy wrote:

As stated earlier, when no counter measures are taken it is intended that 24% of newly conquered provinces rebell to other countries. This was intended since the inception of CoW. No issue here and no change needed.
      So some questions to you Game Designers-
      1. Do you think it is fun for your customers that play the game to have to park 50 units on the Congo for 30 days to suppress any revolts? And this is at the same time that Spain is taking provinces in revolts all around the Congo that use to belong to France then taken by Brazil? Point is, chaos reigns all around, and a customer like me had to either park units for 30 days, use steel to build defense buildings (which I did not have), or let any newly captured land flip to Spain. So do you think parking units if fun for your customers?????

2. Do you think it is fun for your customers to fight AI units over living people?

3. Do you think it is fun for your customers to suddenly be at war with yet another AI country they had no intention of fighting because a province recently taken flips while your units are cutting through to get to a new front and causes an unintended war with more AI. Of course the new front in my recent game was me heading to invade a living person, and I was forced to fight more AI units instead.

4. Is it fun for your customers to endlessly fight IA units (most games the majority of players quit)? In these fights it is very boring because the AI really are not that intelligent. When 24% of newly taken land flips on fast players invading the stupid AI units, my units can get surrounded by AI land that I am at peace with, so these units (some of which I used gold and thus paid for) are now useless unless I go to war with yet another AI country. (you should at least allow 24-48 hours to exit units over riot flipped land).

5. When fighting all of these AI controlled countries, neutral AI can often get 20-30 riot flipped provinces on one turn that surround one AI controlled enemy province I am at war with, thus making it impossible for me to eliminate them from the map unless I fight yet another AI country. Do you think it is a good thing that the intended game design forces your paying customers to spend more time fighting AI controlled countries rather than allowing them to go after living players?

6. So much of your other game design is based on making the game realistic. So where do you think this gigantic riot caused random flipping of land fits in to the realism the game designers emphasize in CoW? Can you name 1 or 2 examples that had the riots that flip a division of infantry or tanks? Perhaps the best reference is Haiti's Revolt in 1791, but none in WW2. So what historical reference is the part of the game design made?

7. You can just admit that this is a designer device that tries to extort more gold (money) from your customers. I for one will tell you I will NEVER use gold to increase morale, or to buy materials to allow me to build fortifications to increase morale. I use gold to speed production of buildings, units, and to buy materials at the start of the game to get factories built as soon as possible. Morale is too big and pervasive issue to have any money be spent on it.

8. My last global game I was one of 3 players left, I was the clear winner, and due to the random flips I asked to see if the other 2 players would want to retire - thus no more on gold was spent by anyone. It was your intentional game design for excessive riot caused flips that caused this customer to want to stop playing. Too random, too many, too boring to fight AI constantly when living players are there to attack.

if you are too arrogant to reconsider a major change, at least lower the flip frequency by lowering the -39 for distance to capitol. Increase it for negative food production. And give me an explanation as to why the distance to the capitol should figure so prominently in this game design that otherwise strives for realism and historical accuracy.
    • freezy wrote:

The S1 revolt behaviour is not the behaviour of CoW though and won't get introduced here.

1. Countries sometimes rebel to countries which are far away. We identified a potential cause for this and will fix this in an upcoming update, but it is not certain if it will fix each and every case. Code wise this shouldnt even be possible and in some examples there could be other explanations as well, like those countries having once owned some of the rebelling provinces (provinces remember their last owner under which they were happy and are most likely to rebel back to them), or that those countries have a province nearby (provinces which are rebelling check in a radius around them for other provinces that have different owners). But hopefully the part we will fix will already reduce the problem.

2. The calculation how much army strength is needed to suppress a revolt to 0% is currently incorrect and too high. This is also being fixed right now, and will be patched in an upcoming update. Once that is done the suppress values will be more linear and close to the original calues.

Everything else not mentioned within these 2 points is intended.
      At last a good answer!
      If they correct these 2 bugs I would be satisfied, since I have realized that in Cow 1.5 they removed the moral penalty for a number of enemy countries, that greatly alleviates the problem of having 3, 4, 5 enemies at a time and with that my country becomes unsustainable.
      Make Chile Playable Again!
    • Managing morale is simply one of the logistical things that a player needs to do. With some understanding of the influences to morale in both positive and negative directions a clever player can manage morale so it does not interrupt the gameplay at all.

It is quite realistic that a garrison force is needed to maintain order in a province after it is captured. I suppose it depends on your outlook about your actions. Everyone considers themselves to be the liberator and bringer of freedom to the word, but the fact of the matter is that your subjects value their own freedom more in many cases. There is a very real possibility of your enemies sending agents to cause trouble for you in whatever form is effective. You might call them insurgents, or guerrillas, or freedom fighters, or they might be on the payroll of your enemy simply causing chaos for you.

This garrison force is needed to maintain order and to ensure that your imaginary “supply line” is not interrupted.

So a player that plans ahead for morale management and expands slower may have an upper hand in the long run compared to a fast expander who doesn’t plan ahead.

Without the rebellion mechanic there is no penalty for failing to provide resources to maintain your empire. Providing food, goods, and oil for your subjects and your armies is a natural requirement of an empire building type game.

The suggestions this week for no rebellions and unlimited resources turn this elegant strategy game into just another click as fast as you can shoot-em-up game. Strategy games have complex mechanics with multiple choice pathways for the players to utilize. The beauty of Call of War is that there is more than one way to be successful. Each choice has risks and rewards, the potential for the thrill of victory or the agony of defeat. With so many possible choices there is no guarantee that your choices are superior to the choices made by your opponents. This is why we have to play the game, because simply studying the cards doesn’t always predict the winner of the World Series.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<

The post was edited 1 time, last by VorlonFCW ().

• VorlonFCW wrote:

Without the rebellion mechanic there is no penalty for failing to provide resources to maintain your empire. Providing food, goods, and oil for your subjects and your armies is a natural requirement of an empire building type game.
      I think their, and my, main problem is just the distance from capital morale penalty. For me, other than that, I am completely fine.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • @TheMaquis:

All I can say is that this revolt mechanic existed in Call of War since it was launched 5 years ago. And before that it existed in our other game Supremacy 1914 10 years ago. We have grown both games a lot in that time, despite the fact that we have this revolt mechanic.
      Some people may find that mechanic fun, others don't, there are varying opinions on the subject as can be seen in this thread. The intend of this mechanic is that a player has to manage his territory and cannot just rush through the whole map.

Little Racoon wrote:

VorlonFCW wrote:

I think their, and my, main problem is just the distance from capital morale penalty. For me, other than that, I am completely fine.
      It has no effect though on the check if a newly conquered province, which sits at 25% morale, revolts. The revolt is calculated before the morale of the province is updated at daychange, thus there is always at least one revolt check after conquering a province where other morale factors have no influence.