Worst countries

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• JesterTheSheep wrote:

Chimere wrote:

Island countries (Australia, S-E Asia) are pretty bad, except maybe Madagascar and UK (need to check the resource start though).
      I beg to differ. Island Countries are some of the hardest countries to invade. You gain a sheer geographical advantage from the start of the game. Even if there's just a narrow waterway between you and the mainland, that's still hours lost to embarking and disembarking. Also, Sumatra is exceptional in the right hands. Enough food for a massive infantry-based army.
      Except that you also have an horrible time attacking, and critically you can’t easily reallocate troops for attack or defense because if someone lands while you are attacking you have no troops you can call back quickly. The one counter your have is to build a large navy - but that’s that much ressources you can’t allocate to actually invading.

Later in the game the situation gets better because you can mostly defend with a couple naval bombers you keep at home, but you are still slow to attack, you need to micromanage your convoys to avoid losing them and if you lose either the naval war or the land war you are back to your island. Though yes at least you don’t disappear at once.
    • Road2Victory wrote:

Worst country for me is Turkey and potentially Communist Russia.
      In the 39 historical map I had a coalition win with Turkey. Thus I speak no evil of Turkey ... I have not played Communist Russia, but I have frequently played against it. With a decent ally on your side, they could have a hard time defending such a vast territory, Thus, so far, I agree with you in selecting it as worst country ... :thumbup:
    • I think he's saying in the 100p, where Communist Russia is surrounded by players and Turkey has two fronts, one in the east and one in the west.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • I have won games as Illinois & Mississippi in the USA, currently winning a global 1939 game as Argentina where I started with 6 units, and just wiped out Japan that started with a huge territory and navy advantage.

I have won with Finland and Russia.

France I got invaded by UK, Spain and Italy on the start of the game, so I did a troop evac to Iceland and survived to invade UK as an ally to Russia and other eastern countries. As the west allies (my enemies) moved east to invade my allies, I landed 100% of my units on the north tip of Scotland and rode through each city of UK and then landed in France and took over my homeland again. Did not get 1st, but was part of a winning coalition.

And steel is the key resource at the start of the game, needed to build more factories.
    • Chimere wrote:

For the 100 player maps, it all depends on what your resources are.

eg Nigeria and South-West Africa have plenty of oil AND that oil is near the sea, so free maintenance port for you. On the other hand, Tibet or Maranhao start with terrible resources (mostly steel). Maranhao is worse than Tibet.

In addition, some countries can really be leveraged better by a good players compared to a mediocre player due to geography. In particular, European countries or South Asian countries are cool from this regards.

Island countries (Australia, S-E Asia) are pretty bad, except maybe Madagascar and UK (need to check the resource start though).
      Maranhao is actually pretty good. To solve your only problem(oil), contact saudi or one of the middle east countries to trade resources for oil, or simply buy oil from the market. oil at the early stages are $3/units cheap.
    • Erichvonmanstein1940 wrote:

Chimere wrote:

eg Nigeria and South-West Africa have plenty of oil AND that oil is near the sea, so free maintenance port for you. On the other hand, Tibet or Maranhao start with terrible resources (mostly steel). Maranhao is worse than Tibet.

In addition, some countries can really be leveraged better by a good players compared to a mediocre player due to geography. In particular, European countries or South Asian countries are cool from this regards.

Maranhao is actually pretty good. To solve your only problem(oil), contact saudi or one of the middle east countries to trade resources for oil, or simply buy oil from the market. oil at the early stages are $3/units cheap.
      1 or 1.5 ?

In 1.0 I disagree. Not only it has not enough oil (the most important resource late game in 1.0, and even at 3.0/unit you can't stockpile enough for late game consumption - I know this I have the "buying early" strategy as well - but you also have only one rare material NOT in a City, and Rare Materials is critical for industrialization and early/mid game.
    • Chimere wrote:

Erichvonmanstein1940 wrote:

Chimere wrote:

1 or 1.5 ?
      Well you're reviving a thread from may; I think most games where 1.0 back then with just some experimental 1.5 games running.

To be honest, I don't think any country is better than another (historical map excluded). If there IS a difference, it is about location (island countries will have their core exposed the whole game, for example; New Zealand has to travel far to get anywhere but anyone wanting to attack ALSO has to do that; Siberian provinces are HUGE; Maranhao will always be on the bottleneck between the old and new worlds, and stuff like that). Having said that, I've had many victories on the 100p map and they ranged from West Yakut, S.Sudan, Papua, Caribean, Kentucky, Tibet, France, Yugoslavia, and many more.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • JesterTheSheep wrote:

Comrade genz wrote:

In historical there is China, Mongolia, Poland, Child, etc. This needs to be stopped
      child?
      Oh, and I've won as Mongolia. And the Mongolian military actually beat back Japan in the Khalkin Gohl (or however you spell it). And Poland has a large military. And Chile is remote. And China is a powerhouse.
      I said HISTORIC WW in those you think Poland has a LARGE huge military? No usually when you wake up you see you're halved. Same thing for China overnight it gets smashed by Japan. Cccp and Japan smash Mongolia next.
    • I have also won as Poland. The key is invading Germany before they can invade you. The player playing Germany chose to invade France first, allowing me to sweep in from the east. I also invaded the Soviet Union, which did in fact attack me first, however, I had built up my troop production and was able to overpower the invasion.
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
    • Poland has a terrible geography, but I wouldn't say it's impossible for it to win. Heck, you can win with any country with the correct combination of luck and skill. In the case of Poland, I would advise to ally with a southern country and preferably either west or east, focusing troops on as little fronts as possible. In 22p, I have won a coalition victory using Poland by conquering pretty much all of Northern Europe and Russia.

However, in the case of 25p, massive amounts of luck are needed. Being sandwiched between two superpowers, it would be a miracle (or the leaders of those countries are idiots) for Poland to somehow ally with one of them. Even when you managed to ally with one, the other also has a very powerful military that can easily overpower your own. That isn't to say it's impossible, just that it's exponentially more difficult than playing in 22p or even 100p.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)