Call of War 1.5 iteration 3: Balancing changelog

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• If I research convoys will my existing convoys at sea upgrade or will they require individual upgrades too.?
    Maybe I can land them and the next time they go to sea they will be upgraded? I want to know if I should wait until convoy research is done before I send armies out to sea.
  • thedone wrote:

If I research convoys will my existing convoys at sea upgrade or will they require individual upgrades too.?
    Maybe I can land them and the next time they go to sea they will be upgraded? I want to know if I should wait until convoy research is done before I send armies out to sea.
    If you are playing a 1.0 game, then you have to give them orders again and they will update. In 1.5, it will do nothing to your existing units.
  • Torpedo28000 wrote:

I also felt I may as well start practising naval combat in 1.5 and when it becomes more official I won't, like in 1.0 have such little experience in naval fighting, it is almost not practical for me to partake in naval battles. (Apart from sub spam, I haven't really done any naval fighting). Here is hoping it isn't a total disaster for me lol.

Edit as I post this:... it so far has been a disaster lol X/ :D My years of neglecting naval capital ships fights might have finally caught up to me :wallbash Even as I post this, I suspect i'm about to lose yet another small fleet LOL ;(

I guess my secrets out of the bag. I've conquered so many opponents so easily because they neglected their Navies. I see that may be coming to an end. Naval, and air power have been the tickets to every win I've got.

I figured it was because players had to plan ahead of the action to build the navy before you actually needed it. That kept most players away from Sea power. I mean, who has time to build a Navy, when you can be spammed with tanks from multiple fronts at any time.

As such, I liked the old system. Where you actually had to do a little preparation to utilize the strongest component on a large map, Navy. Guess I'll have to find another hidden secret in the game....

Geography is everything. If your UK, a Navy is a pretty good investment. Not so sure for Russia...
  • Regarding SBDE, I understand that only the 'strongest' 10 units cause damage in an attack. But what about receiving damage from the defenders? For example, if I have 10 fighters attacking enemy planes, would more planes added to my stack absorb some of the damage, thus reducing the damage that my 10 fighters receive?
  • thedone wrote:

Regarding SBDE, I understand that only the 'strongest' 10 units cause damage in an attack. But what about receiving damage from the defenders? For example, if I have 10 fighters attacking enemy planes, would more planes added to my stack absorb some of the damage, thus reducing the damage that my 10 fighters receive?
    As far as I know the top 10 enemy Units will attack all the units in your stack
  • RiverWolf74 wrote:

thedone wrote:

Regarding SBDE, I understand that only the 'strongest' 10 units cause damage in an attack. But what about receiving damage from the defenders? For example, if I have 10 fighters attacking enemy planes, would more planes added to my stack absorb some of the damage, thus reducing the damage that my 10 fighters receive?
    Some interesting questions come to mind. If I attack with a total stack of 20 planes, which includes 10 fighters, 10 TACs, do both the fighters and bombers contribute? If not, why?
  • Balhog wrote:

RiverWolf74 wrote:

thedone wrote:

Some interesting questions come to mind. If I attack with a total stack of 20 planes, which includes 10 fighters, 10 TACs, do both the fighters and bombers contribute? If not, why?
    I believe only 10 of your planes will cause any damage, with the system choosing the 10 that cause the most. For example, if you're attacking infantry, then your tacs would be used.
    But I'm not really clear on what would happen in more complicated situations, say when attacking a stack with mixed armor types. It seems the distribution of the damage is somewhat random in these situations, so I'm guessing the choice of planes causing the damage would be random also?
  • I am confused about COW 1.5s SBE. For one, If I click on a stack of 12 enemy interceptors, it says SBE of 100%. If I have 10 Interceptors and 10 Tac Bombers, does it do the same damage as just 10 planes of what ever does the most damage? What if there are different stacks of infantry, light armor, and heavy armor? Which of your planes would attack? Most of all, If I am patrolling multiple armies of 10 units each in the same patrol radious, do each of those armies retaliate against me, or just the 10 strongest units out of all of those?
  • In Cow 1.5, the SBDE number in the unit card is just based on health (remaining HP),
    it has very little relevance any more.

A patrol of planes will attack and be exposed to defensive fire from all enemy units in the patrol radius. This is unchanged from Cow0.5
    The question concerning which planes would attack each of the enemy ground units is a good one. I assume each engagement is determined separately. So if there are 10 attack and 10 tactical bombers patrolling together, the tactical bombers would attack a stack of infantry and the attack bombers go after a stack of armor.
  • thedone wrote:

Thanks for the feedback guys! Since there seems to be a disagreement, would you mind citing your evidence? (Anyone tested this yet?) Naturally, it would be good to know what will be happen before destroying my own army. Thank!
    No disagreement. In 1.0, normal rockets can't damage friendly troops. In 1.5, they definitely will.
    DoctorDR1

Game Operator
    EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
  • RiverWolf74 wrote:

thedone wrote:

If I research convoys will my existing convoys at sea upgrade or will they require individual upgrades too.?
    If you are playing a 1.0 game, then you have to give them orders again and they will update. In 1.5, it will do nothing to your existing units.
    I am quite certain that in 1.5 transport ships work the same way as in 1.0, meaning they will be automatically upgraded once you give a new move command.

thedone wrote:

I know rockets can damage allies' troops. How about your own troops?
    In 1.5 rockets damage also friendly and own troops nearby.

thedone wrote:

An attacking army receives defense damage from all defending armies within the close combat range (5). Patroling planes will spread their damage among all enemies in their patrol circle, and also receive back defense damage from all of them.

Balhog wrote:

RiverWolf74 wrote:

thedone wrote:

For each armor class the 10 strongest values will be used. So if you have 10 TACs and 10 Fighters together, for all ground armor types only the values of the 10 TACs will be used, while for air armor type only the values of the 10 fighters will be used.

thedone wrote:

Balhog wrote:

RiverWolf74 wrote:

thedone wrote:

I believe only 10 of your planes will cause any damage, with the system choosing the 10 that cause the most. For example, if you're attacking infantry, then your tacs would be used.But I'm not really clear on what would happen in more complicated situations, say when attacking a stack with mixed armor types. It seems the distribution of the damage is somewhat random in these situations, so I'm guessing the choice of planes causing the damage would be random also?
    When attacking a mixed stack, your stack still uses its strongest 10 damage values for each armor class. So if a mixed stack consists of Infantry and armored cars, your stack will use its 10 strongest anti Inf values vs. the Infantry and its 10 strongest anti light armor values against the armored cars.

Keep in mind that when attacking a mixed army that the damage distribution also relies on the composition of that target army. If for example it consists of 10% infantry and 90% armored cars, then 10% of your damage vs. unarmored will go towards the infantry and 90% of your damage vs. light armor will go towards the armored cars.

FinnDaddy wrote:

I am confused about COW 1.5s SBE. For one, If I click on a stack of 12 enemy interceptors, it says SBE of 100%. If I have 10 Interceptors and 10 Tac Bombers, does it do the same damage as just 10 planes of what ever does the most damage? What if there are different stacks of infantry, light armor, and heavy armor? Which of your planes would attack? Most of all, If I am patrolling multiple armies of 10 units each in the same patrol radious, do each of those armies retaliate against me, or just the 10 strongest units out of all of those?
    The SBDE value in the unit details does not reflect the stack limit. It only reflects the lost efficiency due to missing health.
    We will soon implement a new info that will highlight the lost efficiency on a stack level.
  • Greetings one and all,

I was very much looking forward to testing out version 1.5 in the 3rd test phase and giving both positive feedback and areas of improvement.

However, as I do not want to be hassled by any moderators, have any staff members feel I am insulting them or worse, be prosecuted by some international court and then sent to some dark dreary prison for an imaginary law or regulation that someone may think I broke, I will only say that I am very disappointed based on what was said in the feedback and what was actually produced. I feel you are turning what was a great World War II Strategy game into some cheap game for small kids. There is no strategy in the version you are producing now. I give it 3.5 stars out of 5.

General cdub
  • Hi i was thinking of a new idea for Nuclear weapons, so instead of researching the atom bomb with rare material, add a brand new resource and a new construction that produces the new resource to research the atom bomb, but with the new construction it wouldn't be visible to anyone but the player who built it, unless they use spies or if any unit is in range of the construction, and it can be built in any province not just the cities also the only purpose for the construction is to produce the resource to research the atom bomb and to build the bomb itself, not any other unit, and the nuclear bomber can be produced in a level 5 airbase, or instead of adding a new construction to the game move the SP/rocket artillery railroad gun to the ordnance tab and rocket fighter to the air tab and rework the secret lab to produce nuclear resources to research the atom bomb to be able to produce the bomb in the secret lab and build the bomber in a level 5 airbase, sorry for the bad grammar i hope this is easy to understand, if you can, tell me what you think about the idea.
  • Little_Debbie wrote:

Hi i was thinking of a new idea for Nuclear weapons, so instead of researching the atom bomb with rare material, add a brand new resource and a new construction that produces the new resource to research the atom bomb, but with the new construction it wouldn't be visible to anyone but the player who built it, unless they use spies or if any unit is in range of the construction, and it can be built in any province not just the cities also the only purpose for the construction is to produce the resource to research the atom bomb and to build the bomb itself, not any other unit, and the nuclear bomber can be produced in a level 5 airbase, or instead of adding a new construction to the game move the SP/rocket artillery railroad gun to the ordnance tab and rocket fighter to the air tab and rework the secret lab to produce nuclear resources to research the atom bomb to be able to produce the bomb in the secret lab and build the bomber in a level 5 airbase, sorry for the bad grammar i hope this is easy to understand, if you can, tell me what you think about the idea.
    But the first half of the game you can’t even use nuclear weapons....so this new resource will be useless for the first part.
  • RiverWolf74 wrote:

Little_Debbie wrote:

Hi i was thinking of a new idea for Nuclear weapons, so instead of researching the atom bomb with rare material, add a brand new resource and a new construction that produces the new resource to research the atom bomb, but with the new construction it wouldn't be visible to anyone but the player who built it, unless they use spies or if any unit is in range of the construction, and it can be built in any province not just the cities also the only purpose for the construction is to produce the resource to research the atom bomb and to build the bomb itself, not any other unit, and the nuclear bomber can be produced in a level 5 airbase, or instead of adding a new construction to the game move the SP/rocket artillery railroad gun to the ordnance tab and rocket fighter to the air tab and rework the secret lab to produce nuclear resources to research the atom bomb to be able to produce the bomb in the secret lab and build the bomber in a level 5 airbase, sorry for the bad grammar i hope this is easy to understand, if you can, tell me what you think about the idea.
    But the first half of the game you can’t even use nuclear weapons....so this new resource will be useless for the first part.
    Exactly, that's why you put the construction in the research tab or make it like supremacy you can't build it till a later day in the game