New Features in CoW 1.5

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Peter Mat wrote:

Interesting. I like the graphics. Learning to develop took me a 2nd try. My first join I butchered it badly, but the 2nd game is going better. I missed the need to build the specialized first and then improve the industries later in the first game, and as a result couldn't build anything I researched.

I am looking forward to my first Attack Bomber, looking through the stats I realized it's heavy armor piercing ability makes it a ship attack plane as well. Nice to have something with longer range then a NAV even if it does not have quite the same strength. This should be a great addition to the naval game having something that can stop a tank or a ship. Looking forward to the day I stick one on an aircraft carrier.

The game does seem a bit sluggish, perhaps because I am on the 100 player map.

I need to find the write up, but I am not seeing building upkeep, only unit upkeep. Building upkeep went away?
      Now thats interesting. I hadn't considered the attack bomber as a naval attack. If that holds true, then it will be very usefull. For some reason, I've never had much success with the naval bombers.
    • Hi i was wondering if we can have new models for the max lvl gold armored and air units, so getting the supply crates would be a little more worth while, i mean no disrespect i'm grateful for the unit change but the supply drops or whatever there called, ive never been tempted to go out of my way to attack bots or travel across the map to fetch these things or ever spend the gold to get these units, so adding new skins would add more value to these units and more people would want to get these and it would be cool seeing the Mouse Leopard or the T-54 on the battlefield.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Little_Debbie ().

• No moral penalty for wars might be one of my favourite features in 1.5 tbh.

I am currently at war with 5 nations in my 100 map. Some wars are ones I started, others are ones my allies needed help in. Not having a penalty for wars really enables players to help each other out without having to factor in another moral penalty.
      Whereas in 1.0, if I had a nation with 1 single AC running into my ally, it was still a decision to join the war if my only contribution could be to kill 1 troop. Now, I would always kill the troop, but then my moral would suffer for potentially an age.

An example in my 100 map, I declared on a nation my allies where fighting, I think I only did 1 tic of damage with two RA. So while my contribution was almost nothing, in 1.0 this would have caused a -5 moral. I also have a nation sending troops to Saudi when I control 95% of it, such a hostile move deserves for them to be wiped out. Now I can attack without the fear of a penalty. We also have a hostile nation embarking troops, now we can safely attack these convoys. So many times players have sent convoys near me, and the feat of -5 moral has stopped me sinking them, only to be attacked later.

Ofc we must consider global popularity, but this feature is just so nice. In addition it stops players trading 1 province and being at war with you in a location you cannot get to, which was such a pain. Or players saying "screw everyone" , declaring on the world and going AI. :cursing: :wallbash

It also makes building an economy and managing moral easier, there are no new factors to suddenly consider when moving a capital, building infra for moral boost etc. While neighbours will slowly change, a nation will not suddenly lose -25 moral between day 10-11 and their economy plummet like it can in 1.0. One can far better plan how they will manage moral which is also far better imo.

Such a great change thanks!!!
      Torpedo28000
      Main Administrator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • gusv wrote:

I wonder if he means that his game is bombing out after about 15 minutes on-line, as it's been happening to me the last 48 hours ... Thus I have to re-start or re-load to get back in the game ... Could it be an enhanced graphics issue? ...
      I got the same issue in the last 2-3 days in regular CoW ... It could be a server issue ... :(
    • Looking through the Tech tree I noticed there are no longer elite units at maximum level. Are elite units going away? Assuming 1.0 goes then my blue prints will go also? Disregard, I did not realize the tech tree scrolled.

I liked Little Debbie's idea.

Little_Debbie wrote:

can have new models for the max lvl
      My last question for today, once you're ready to roll this out permanently, will we be getting some new achievements to go along with some of the new units, doctrines etc?

@freezy
      "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Yoda

The post was edited 1 time, last by Peter Mat: Found part of my answer ().

• Both my 1.5 games are going well. My 22 player map only has 6 active, but hey, its a relaxing way to try all these new bells and whistles. Most of which I think are good. Haven't had any meaningful battle against humans yet. Rolling over AI countries and abandoned countries seems a bit too easy. The game plays much easier for a recruit I'm sure. You can start fast and build as many troops as you want early.

The strategy has shifted somewhat in that you can't increase production of units and resources with the IC anymore. So even though you can build as many troops as you want fast; you have to factor in the Industry development for middle/End game. At least I'm guessing that's the case.

My 100 player game is going similar. Mostly same results. Most everyone around me has gone inactive. But thats seems normal in a 100 player game. There are a lot of active left; several coalitions; pretty much a normal game. Accept that units that used to be middle game units are now early game units as well. I'm talking Naval mostly, Cruisers, Battleships, pretty much anything that used to require a level 2 production facility to produce.

I'm getting used to the unit upgrading. Not one of my favorite features; but it seems to be the balance for such easy production of units. You can produce all the level 1 units your resources can buy, supper fast. A coin player might have a huge advantage here. That's a concern. First impressions for me on this release are positive. Still in early game though.
    • cycle9 wrote:

Balhog wrote:

You can start fast and build as many troops as you want early.
      Totally False!The increases in manpower requirements for most units puts a severe restraint on producing troops.
      There is NO way to enhance manpower production, afaik?
      Manpower is increased by building and upgrading Industrial Complex in 1.5. You have to manage that part as well it seems. Build time for Level 1 infantry in COW1.0 is about 19hrs. Build time for level 1 infantry in 1.5 is about 2.5hrs.
    • Hello,
      I have some early feedbacks and questions
      First, the assault planes. Are they a kind of hunter-bomber planes ? Because they should be better in plane vs plane fight. Currently, even if they look very cool, they seems to be a waste of time and money for an army.
      Secondly, the missiles. I still find them a little to op, and irrealistics. The way to counter them is too difficult ( In CoN, missiles looks good, and there were a lot of counter measures. Here (and it's logic in ww2), nothing. We r defenseless). They should maybe be a kind of equivalent of strategic bombers. And we saw their utilisation in ww2 (only by Germany) : in my memory, they were mainly ineffective. Fear for the population, some destructions, and that's it.
      And finally, i read that we will be able to build e;g lvl1 troops even if we had research lvl2, 3, 4 etc ... Is this feature been removed ?
      But generally, even if some units need still balancing, the 1.5 version looks good
    • ValeraZol wrote:

Commandos s*ks ! Make them stealth totally, so we will can move it on enemies ladns without they know that i am moving ! Now I cant move on enemies lands, i need to conquer provinces to move with commandos... it is pointless..
      I guess you haven't thought it through, if you have Commando's running around anywhere is someones nation that means you can take there capital whenever you want and that is dumb
    • Little_Debbie wrote:

ValeraZol wrote:

Commandos s*ks ! Make them stealth totally, so we will can move it on enemies ladns without they know that i am moving ! Now I cant move on enemies lands, i need to conquer provinces to move with commandos... it is pointless..
      I guess you haven't thought it through, if you have Commando's running around anywhere is someones nation that means you can take there capital whenever you want and that is dumb
      I guess you too dont thought on what you say. Man, in 1.5 cars or motorized infantry or interceptors on patrol can see comandos, can reveal ! So its strategically to put commandos in not defended capital and take as surprise ! So is pointless comanndos as earlier if not hidden moves.
    • Tasmine wrote:

How long will this test event hold? I am testing S1 new map. No time to play right now.
      forever

ValeraZol wrote:

commandos had a good anti armor attack values also ignore fortification defense bonus and the stealth can give to the enemy an unpleaseble surprise, they are not bad, only very situational
      "Si crees que esto tendrá un final feliz, es que no has estado prestando atención"

The post was edited 1 time, last by Danieliyoverde123 ().