Backstabbing is part of the game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Backstabbing is part of the game

I dont know why some people are being childish and stupid at this but backstabbing is part of the game!!!
      why dont people understand this.....everybody gets backstabbed so pls stop being childish

it just makes the game more fun for everyone ... I know it is bad to backstab allies but if ur ally isnt doing any good and worse levelled players are winning on him i think his resource will be better for you

so everyone pls dont be like that why did u backstab me and shit even trust issues our created I know but its part of the game
      If you dont wanna get backstabbed and dont want to enjoy then pls join alliance games because even in world war 2 backstabbing has happened

Pls comment ur views thank you

:wallbash
    • I always expect to be backstabbed so I leave units in place to defend against it, which usually means I don't get backstabbed. Leaving yourself open invites it. Once you have proved yourself to your allies, the threat diminishes but never goes away completely. It is hilarious when a coalition that is full wants you to "help them out" and they can't understand why you say no, knowing that they just want to set you up for them to, to quote the Borg, assimilate you into their collective lol :tumbleweed:
    • When you enter a coalition with other players, each of you has signed a little treaty with one another to cooperate with, aid, and support the others. Backstabbing is a sign that you cannot - and will not - be trusted. It shows you have no honor, that you don't care whether or not your allies are on your side. It's one thing to take over an ally who isn't carrying their weight, but to take over an equal solely on the grounds that you had the option to is a massive blow to people's opinion of you. Instead of a decent comrade, you are now the calm traitor.

At least, such is my view of the matter. Is it a legitimate strategy? Yes. Is it a despicable practice? I believe so.
    • I feel like some players forget that it's a war game xD this is call of war not call of peace so backstabbing is bound to happen one way or another. After all everyone gets backstabbed at least once even the good players. Nobody loves getting backstabbed but it requires strategy to make things interesting otherwise the game would be boring without it.
    • WascallywabbitCDN wrote:

I always expect to be backstabbed so I leave units in place to defend against it, which usually means I don't get backstabbed. Leaving yourself open invites it. Once you have proved yourself to your allies, the threat diminishes but never goes away completely. It is hilarious when a coalition that is full wants you to "help them out" and they can't understand why you say no, knowing that they just want to set you up for them to, to quote the Borg, assimilate you into their collective lol :tumbleweed:
      Exactly. The best way to avoid getting backstabbed is too keep tabs on your allies as well as your enemies and also talk with them. Make them feel involved. And have precautions. Have a home defense force of motorized infantry and fortify borders with troops, but don't be invasive. I know militia's are useless, but if you have them on the border with an ally, it will slow down troops if they attack you but it will also not scare allies into thinking you're gonna backstabe.
    • JesterTheSheep wrote:

When you enter a coalition with other players, each of you has signed a little treaty with one another to cooperate with, aid, and support the others. Backstabbing is a sign that you cannot - and will not - be trusted. It shows you have no honor, that you don't care whether or not your allies are on your side. It's one thing to take over an ally who isn't carrying their weight, but to take over an equal solely on the grounds that you had the option to is a massive blow to people's opinion of you. Instead of a decent comrade, you are now the calm traitor.

At least, such is my view of the matter. Is it a legitimate strategy? Yes. Is it a despicable practice? I believe so.
      Backstabbing is fun af tho
    • Even more fun when someone backstabs you and you get the better of them. Then when they ask for mercy you answer with :

NUTS!Anthony McAuliffe
      — His famous reply to the German demand for surrender of the surrounded US 101st Airborne Division at Bastogne in the Battle of the Bulge (22 December 1944), as quoted in Bastogne : The Story of the First Eight Days In Which the 101st Airborne Division Was Closed Within the Ring of German Forces (1946) by Colonel S. L. A. Marshal, Ch. 14; delivering the message Colonel Joseph H. Harper was asked "What does that mean? … Is this affirmative or negative?" and replied "Definitely not affirmative."
    • The only person that can stab you in the back, is the person you are foolish enough to let stand behind you with a knife!
      When I get backstabbed, I look at it as more my fault for not being properly prepared!
      It is a necessary part of the game, anyone that trusts other they do not know~~well thats their choice!
      Very few games are won as individuals in this game, so choose wisely, who you ally with, and how much you trust them
    • pjrobbo wrote:

“I may be stupid, as you say, to believe in honour and friendship and loyalty without price. But these are virtues to be cherished, for without them we are no more than beasts roaming the land.”
      ― David Gemmell, Shield of Thunder
      Great quote! ... Got to live by some virtuous principles, otherwise we are no more than beasts roaming the land- as the quote said ... :thumbup:
    • SirMcSquiggles Jr. wrote:

Always expect the unexpected! Play to win! Honor didnt help Ned stark, nor did it prevent his end! (Still sad rip) Germany and Russia were allies until... Invasion! The key to winning is using any opportunity, and back stabbing is one of them.
      Honour might not have helped Ned Stark, even if it is a fictional story, but in the end, karma did come for those responsible. When it comes down to it, all you have is your honour and reputation to speak for you in interactions with others.