Newspaper Overhaul

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Newspaper Overhaul

Do you like these ideas? 11
        Yes (5) 45%
        Some of them (6) 55%
        No (0) 0%
      So I've been thinking about ways to change the game, and in my almost three years of playing, the one thing I haven't see touched is the Newspaper, besides the addition of Most and Least Popular Nations. A couple of these ideas I'm gonna put here I've seen from others, so I'll try and give credit. The rest I made myself.

• Mute Button/Articles Limit

Road2Victory wrote:

I don't know if this has been brought before, the option to disable newspaper notifications. Is that possible or has it been done? Or you can limit how many posts article can be posted per day?

There has been a lot of spam in newspaper lately I have been seeing then normal.

I just wanted to see if that would happen.
      If you're on any of the major maps, it's easy to see that people spam over the dumbest and silliest things. If Bytro implemented a feature that allowed you to mute certain people. Not only that, but a toggleable feature that allows the game manager to limit people to 2 or 3 articles a day. This would eliminate the spam in the newspapers, when I'm trying to use it to understand what's going on.
      • More Rankings
      I like the rankings, but more could be added to add variety to the game. Ideas are Happiest Countries (Ranked by average Morale) and Largest Empires (Percentage of provinces in the game). Yes, those stats could be easily accessed from the stats and nations list, but it just add variety. More ideas are welcome
      • Article Variations
      The lack of different articles in the Newspaper has frankly made it boring. A lot of it is just talking about losing troops, rebellions and buildings. Maybe it can report massive purchases in the stock market, but it wouldn't reveal who did them, as a why to supply some intelligence but to keep spies useful. Maybe a new article when the last province of a Nation is captured. Different versions of war being declared. These would all add to the newspaper.
      • More pictures
      The pictures in the game have been in here for years. Its only like four a day and you'll see all of them in the course of a week. They should add more picture and have multiple pictures for same event, so they don't get old as fast.

Suggestions and Criticism is welcome