Lvl 5 recon - anyone builds it?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Lvl 5 recon - anyone builds it?

I was wondering about the high level recon and especially the lvl 5.

Sure this is the fastest land unit in the game, but it arrives in the end game. Who needs it there?
      In my experience, in the end game you are either already toast or you are swimming in ressources. So you either can't afford to build anyhting anyway or you might as well build light tanks. Better, almost as fast and not at any particular higher price.

Unless there's some need to spam recon cars in large numbers, I can't see they would ever have a use. In fact I hardly ever upgrade my recons (but that's a different matter).

Oh, and of course this is the unit that I get the most blueprints for... :rolleyes:
    • I assume you're talking about armoured cars. In 1.0, they are largely useless, which is why in 1.5 the devs had added the ability for them to see stealth units, as well as buffed their speed by an incredible amount.
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
    • I still use a ton of ACs late game, especially against AI... very fun.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • By late game you are generally killing the enemy at a battleground and have a large area to capture once you defeat their forces. Armored cars are the fastest unit which allows you to capture provinces quickly, before the enemy has time to produce more units.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

By late game you are generally killing the enemy at a battleground and have a large area to capture once you defeat their forces. Armored cars are the fastest unit which allows you to capture provinces quickly, before the enemy has time to produce more units.
      Good point ofc. But my point is still, that the strategy you describe, is handled better by light tanks. ACs in the end game will die to a quarter health AT manned by granma and granpa. It's too easy to counter this stragtegy with ACs.

IMO ACs - apart from the opening game - is only an efficient option against one-stack players.
    • Single AT’s and small pockets of resistance are easily dispatched with planes.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • NoobNoobTrain wrote:

But now you are expanding the scope.
      Planes are easily dispatched with AA...
      In CoW, you have to have a combined arms philosophy to have a high winning percentage ... In the umpteen games I played, the toughest adversary was a level 100 player ... and he had a little bit of everything ... The lesson was worth the loss- although second place to him felt almost like a win ... 8)