Using gold to take over land

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Using gold to take over land

I just played in a game when most of my country and nearly all of my supplies, including a newly build factory and 2 tank divisions were overthrown because my suppose comrade lowered my moral with all the gold he purchased...that does not seem right...let me get this straight. If you have more money you can buy yourself a win? Wow some strategic game this is..
    • When you say tank divisions do you mean a single stack of tanks? If so then yes this is possible for an enemy to spend gold to use the lower moral espionage option and lower your morale to the point of an uprising being possible, and then at day change the province revolted and overthrew your armies. Is this the norm in the game? No it is not. I have been playing for about 3 weeks and have yet to have this happen to me. However, the enjoyment you get from this free game is partially in part to the money generated by people who do want to buy gold. So it is a necessary evil in most "free to play" games as game developers are generally not independently wealthy.

That being said, you can earn gold without paying for it out of your pockets. So spend a bit of time and make some gold to use and help generate revenue for the game at the same time. Then you have the ability to do the same things to other opponents. I personally only spend gold in very specific circumstances such as being back stabbed by an "ally". Or when someone has dumped a bunch of gold to amass an army that I have no chance of defending against without it.
    • I understand the site must make money...but this overthrow was not just one province. He had me to the point where I had to spend game money to purchase food. There was no way I could build armies or have enough time to accumulate that much free gold...just saying I have played Supremacy 1914 and this is the first I have seen this...talk about a buzz kill.