Gold using in alliance games

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I don't think that can be possible (given bytro's position on gold), but I do agree it's a good idea. Oftentimes we would expect golders in a normal game, but in alliance games, it is generally accepted and expected that no one uses gold for the reputation of both alliances.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • I have just played in my second alliance v alliance match. It was instantly ruined by gold spending from the opposition when his airforce of 8 tactical bombers appeared from just one, level 2 airbase on day 3.
      At that point the match was null and void for me.
      The alliances with the most gold Inevitably win and rise high in the table. Which alliances have and use the most gold?
      Yes, it's not hard to figure.

I won't be baited into gold purchase by those alliances and accounts.

I'd hate to see call of war go too far down the pay to win road. You drive away the real gamers.

I won't play another alliance v alliance unless the other team agrees a level playing field. There really is no point otherwise. Playing against unlimited gold, I'm not that daft.

I pay my high command, that I'm happy to do.
    • I remember "spectating" (thru discord and screenshots) my alliance play XFMI (the current no 1 in alliance leaderboard) back in 2018. From what I was seeing, it was a really fun experience and they certainly did not use gold. Spoiler alert, in the end, we won, but it was fun from both sides.

Then, in 2019, we played another alliance. This time, there was a misunderstanding that led to them obviously using gold (which we had previously agreed not to), which led to one of our alliance members using gold, and the whole thing spiralled out of control. We still won that one, but it was not one that we were proud of (even though only one of us had used gold against them), and it's kind of a sad and tragic chapter in our alliance history. Both alliances were kinda bitter towards each other in the end, and the two alliances never kept in touch since.

So in conclusion, gold may bring you victory, but it isn't the fun victory you get after a long and gruelling fight. In fact, it's quite the opposite. So come to the forums regularly and learn more from many players about their experiences so you could, in turn, grow your own skills quicker!
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)