​2020 tournament for single or individual

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The only current tournament is the Alliance World Cup. Stay tuned to this section for the next season schedule.
    War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
    Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
  • @VorlonFCW so what happened to the player league or all other events, u know this has affected the activity of many players, the pl attracted a lot of players
    U guys should be promoting the game and not limiting the fun and exciting round, most players dont have a solid group to participate in the alliance world cup.

and about the alliance world cup it was so easy and boring please next season give us more competition, maybe we can play 2 alliance vs 1 :p hihi

The post was edited 1 time, last by MarkAchkar ().

• The challenges with any single player tournament is the issue of non aggression pacts and secret deals that affect the outcome. Despite our best efforts at regulating games to detect and remove any such attempts at cheating there were always attempts to circumvent our rules. Then if we made a decision regarding those rules the affected players would complain for days on end.

I was very excited to bring back player tournaments when I became MA. After dealing with the players for just two months I lost all enthusiasm for that style of game. I do not have the time or desire to spend several hours a day watching for cheaters in a single map, and then have people who did not bother to read the rules complain to me and get all of their friends to complain to me for 40 hours straight because they got removed from the game for breaking the rules is quite enough. I won’t name those players, but I am sure they will be reading this and should be ashamed of their behavior. Their actions have denied this experience to everyone.
    War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
    Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
  • Sad but there are just some people who don't know what they're doing.
    "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
  • The last event u guys organized was very complicated and too many rules for every1, in the player league on the other hand rules were simple and every1 was enjoying it, the only complaints from some players was that some other players are too much active.
    So definitely u can bring back the pl.
    The pl existed for many years and it was a shame to delete it.
    Bring it back with the old simple rules, which is no rules... and let the players do the politics and the fightings, and as a mod u dont have to enforce naps nor monitor them, u just monitor the gold use... its not time consuming for u and im sure many players would join, and i would suggest 1 rule which is a player cannot switch coalitions if coalitions are allowed to be a fair fight , and ofc no rows allowed.
    another point u can create a 2 team map and let them fight that way there wont be any problem of accusing any1 of cheating.

but not doing any event for over year is really bad, personally excluding this month over the last 1.5 yrs i only played the world cup matches bcs when u become a pro players u want pro opposition and that is not available in the normal games
  • oh and for the pl one essential rule, every player takes the points he has at the end of the month and not the coalition point, that way players will have to fight each others, and if naps were being used the same players will not benefit from doing the same naps between them again. And with the cow 1.5 there will be very big armies and players need to conquer other for resources it would be exciting and naps wont be encouraged bcs sitting out of fights will not get u the ressources u need to expand
  • and if u are tired there are no mods in cow other than u to organize events..

and if u were referring to us about cheating or whatever, in 2 seasons of world cup we finished 2nd and 1st so if we always win the events that doesnt mean we are cheaters...
    Its a weak excuse for any1 to accuse us of cheaters bcs we always win.
    I hope u were not referring to us
  • MarkAchkar wrote:

i guess not, they are afraid of making any bcs i win them all ;)
    Thats weird, I do not remember you winning season 1 of the 2019 players league :huh: Owh yeah, thats right, I did. After beating you twice you gave up the season I believe. So I guess you do not win them all.

Not trying to make you look bad, I just could not resist :P

VorlonFCW wrote:

The challenges with any single player tournament is the issue of non aggression pacts and secret deals that affect the outcome. Despite our best efforts at regulating games to detect and remove any such attempts at cheating there were always attempts to circumvent our rules. Then if we made a decision regarding those rules the affected players would complain for days on end.

I was very excited to bring back player tournaments when I became MA. After dealing with the players for just two months I lost all enthusiasm for that style of game. I do not have the time or desire to spend several hours a day watching for cheaters in a single map, and then have people who did not bother to read the rules complain to me and get all of their friends to complain to me for 40 hours straight because they got removed from the game for breaking the rules is quite enough. I won’t name those players, but I am sure they will be reading this and should be ashamed of their behavior. Their actions have denied this experience to everyone.

MarkAchkar wrote:

and if u are tired there are no mods in cow other than u to organize events..

and if u were referring to us about cheating or whatever, in 2 seasons of world cup we finished 2nd and 1st so if we always win the events that doesnt mean we are cheaters...
    Its a weak excuse for any1 to accuse us of cheaters bcs we always win.
    I hope u were not referring to us
    Can you see the irony in this @MarkAchkar ? Because I think there is a bit of irony in this to be seen.
  • Im replying just in case a tournament comes up
    “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
    Slavery is Freedom
    Weakness is Strength