100 Player Games - Issue with Morale

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 100 Player Games - Issue with Morale

In the 100 player game I am in, its 4 countries whom have banded together against 7. Since we are all sending waves of counter attacks at each other I am paying the price of -25 morale for 7 or more countries I am war with. In the large games, I don't think this should even be calculated. In the smaller games, it makes sense in that you finish what you started attacking, or if you bite off too much you're going to have to sustain it. I can understand all the other morale modifiers, but not the number of countries at war with. That or cap it at -10, because out of 5 invasions, all I have been able to do is help bomb the landing forces. My newly captured territories begin with -75 now, I have to wait for the rebellion before moving on.
    • I would disagree with you there, I think this is a pretty good mechanic, it limits the number of people you should be fighting at any one time. What you really should do is try and get treaties with the people you aren't actively fighting, just to buy both of you some breathing space.
      Kalantigos
      Master Chief Petty Officer.
      Game Moderator
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | Call of War
    • Then is the mechanic intended for 7 countries to hip hop killing 1 country while 1 country defending itself is penalized for defending itself from the 7 attackers? If a country refuses or is absent from the game your stuck in war. If you haven't had a battle with each other for 8 days it should revert back to peace. For some of those people it's 4 days travel to them, which is half way around the world. I am just saying, if its one coalition against another coalition, it should be counted as 1 war not 7.
      Images
      • 100 player morale.png

607.37 kB, 935×566, viewed 150 times
    • Kalantigos wrote:

I would disagree with you there, I think this is a pretty good mechanic, it limits the number of people you should be fighting at any one time. What you really should do is try and get treaties with the people you aren't actively fighting, just to buy both of you some breathing space.
      And I disagree with you. If you are at war with 10 countries it should give the 'Total War' status where the populace does not get a penalty for being at war, rather, a positive status. I seem to remember the American citizens in World War 2 being very enthusiastic about the war, not to mention German citizens before 1944. However, once a country captures a core province, it should cause a penalty. Take the USSR, Japan, and Germany for examples; once the Germans got near Moscow, lots of people ditched the USSR to join the Germans to be free of oppression, lowering morale even further. Germans had been demoralised since the start of 1944 and especially after June 6th. The Japanese were bent on never surrendering to the Americans, but morale was still extremely low once the Americans captured back the Philippines and neared the Japanese Isles with the capture of Iwo Jima, especially.
      It's been a while
    • I have a problem with the world map, the same as mallahanjr, sort of

Im playing as Kazajistán, i conquer some players as they atacked allies and expanded over to Communist China , Burma and south India, and i notice that my morale doesn´t even pass the 60% at my border with China and the other countrys i just mention

Another problem, caused by that morale issue is that my grain production is dropping quickly, as the countrys i conquer consume more grain than that i can produce, because of that -75% penalty 60% of my grain production is harvest in my main provinces, i already build industrial complex lvl 5 and lvl 3 infraestructure in my grain provinces and now i find that i can´t produce more

i have at the moment 256 provinces, i think tomorrow i will increase it to 280 and is gonna drop even more, all of that thanks to one think

DISTANCE TO CAPITAL, i got a penalty of -20 moral because of the distance, and as i say earlier i can´t move my capital, since 60% of my production is thanks to my main provinces, even my provinces moral is dropping quickly, don´t know why

all of that with 1 active war, now i have 4 and my army can´t grow bigger since they consume grain daily

i got a question, i read that distance to capital is messure by air, do i need to investigate the air branch to reduce the distance?, i personally don´t think i can conquer the rest of asia, thanks to all of that

The post was edited 1 time, last by Akahige2: Wrong name for the buildings ().

• I think this is a pretty big problem.
      Not only does it hurt gameplay, but it can also be exploited.

In my round, half the nations are still active. And most of them are in groups of alliances of 5 to 9 nations.
      If these alliances were to team up, let's say in a world war - simply declaring wars against a common enemy would be enough to bring that nation to its knees.

Think about it, that's 20 nations you are at war with - what sort of penalty would you expect?
    • in my game there are 3 major alliances (5-6 players), 1 medium (2-4 players) and 1 small of just 2 players, communist china doesn´t pass the 35% morale thanks to distance and enemy provinces, i already conquer all of it, except the 4 major cities

i have a production of 35,918 tons of grain and i spend almost all of it in population

Units 5,740 Daily
      Mejoras* 1,500 Daily
      Population 27,646 Daily
      Total 35,886 Daily

317 Provinces
      Citizens 276,450,960
      Average morale at 75%, i can´t increase it, now i have to slow down when i conquer Khabarovsk

*Don´t know the name in english
    • Akahige2 wrote:

in my game there are 3 major alliances (5-6 players), 1 medium (2-4 players) and 1 small of just 2 players, communist china doesn´t pass the 35% morale thanks to distance and enemy provinces, i already conquer all of it, except the 4 major cities

i have a production of 35,918 tons of grain and i spend almost all of it in population

Units 5,740 Daily
      Mejoras* 1,500 Daily
      Population 27,646 Daily
      Total 35,886 Daily

317 Provinces
      Citizens 276,450,960
      Average morale at 75%, i can´t increase it, now i have to slow down when i conquer Khabarovsk

*Don´t know the name in english
      Upgrades.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • The maximum moral i could get in Communist China is 60%, distance to capital is a major issue, i agree with Orkhepaj it should be measure by army or conquered land, there should be some sort of alliance in game so no more than 3 players join side by side

and if you are at war with 10 countries it should count less for the moral or as Orkhepaj says it could be capped at -6 for every alliance or active player

when i say alliance i talk about some kind of treaty in game in which you personally choose your allies, if you don´t have no one to enter the world map and if an ally you enter the game leave for personal issues, a treaty that gives you at least 2 days to prepare defenses in case someone doesn´t stick to it

Sorry for my poor grammar