JESUS IS MY KING's official suggestions for CoW 1.5 fixes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• JESUS IS MY KING's official suggestions for CoW 1.5 fixes

Hello, hello.
      Well, thats what needs to be done to make this pretty bad ass game.

1. Allow tradin of units from various doctrines and those units to keep their PRODUCER's doctrine bonuses. For example
      a SovietDoc. guy, tradin Soviet mediums (with some nice bonuses) to his coalition partner (who has Allies doctrine)
      should still receive the bonuses, which the Soviet mediums have, since thats who made them. Allows some nice
      roleplaying, in mid-late game, when we trade various unit groups, etc.

2. Upgradin units should NOT require manpower. Thats a little silly, since you dont make a new unit, you just upgrade it?
      And since manpower is so hard to get in the current state, its a bit impossible to upgrade all armies if you get huge pretty fast. Changes old mechanics of auto-upgrading way too much, manpower requirement should be removed at least.
      Spending 2 hours and some serious resources is way enough, anyway.

3. Make people choose their own doctrine at start of game (or at least on some maps), because right now playing
      a certain doctrine limits you to a region of the map. I can be UK, but what if I am a mad dictator, who wants Communism or Nazism there? Should be allowed to do so.

4. For future states of the game (OPTIONAL SUGGESTIONS), you should:

* add custom units (skin) with tweaked stats, for various factions. These can be bought with GOLD, although they should still be balanced, just tweaked from base unit stats. This will make people want to spend GOLD in the game for purposes, other than winning a lost game. Which may hopefully lead to:

*add a GOLD CAP for most/some/few/ranked type of games, which will bring massive amounts of new players to the game, who dont play it only cos of the P2W allowed mechanics. A Cap means people will still spend gold and buy it and since they will be much more and willing to spend it for a ladder-based, not p2w game, your profit will be even bigger, le trust me.

Hope this reaches someone from the top, so we can make this a nice game, chaps.`

Oh, and add historical date indicator related to days/research etc, for role-playin purposes. Made a poll about it.

The post was edited 4 times, last by rarara555 ().

• rarara555 wrote:

1. Allow tradin of units from various doctrines to keep their PRODUCER's doctrine bonuses. For example
      a SovietDoc. guy, tradin Soviet mediums (with some nice bonuses) to his coalition partner (who has Allies doctrine)
      should still receive the bonuses, which the Soviet mediums have, since thats who made them. Allows some nice
      roleplaying, in mid-late game, when we trade various unit groups, etc.
      Thought we can't trade armies?
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • I think being allowed to change your doctrine is good, but maybe it will cost some resources to do that. Or you can keep changing your doctrine to help you in your current situation. Or maybe you can only choose your doctrine at the start of the game While you’re choosing your country,
    • blue44elephant wrote:

Dude, I really don't want to see France using tiger tanks.

blue44elephant wrote:

rarara555 wrote:

3. Make people choose their own doctrine at start of game (or at least on some maps), because right now playing
      a certain doctrine limits you to a region of the map. I can be UK, but what if I am a mad dictator, who wants Communism or Nazism there? Should be allowed to do so.
      I am really not a fan of seeing Germany running around with M4 Shermans
      Guys, you dont get the idea. Theyll use same units, just diff doctrine (bonuses) - like in Hearts of Iron, etc. If you want low cost units, but shitty, why not allowed to do so as Communist Germany or whatever, they still be Tigers, just not Axis Doctrine Tigers.

Doctrines should be selected at start tho, not allowed to be changed during game.
    • WascallywabbitCDN wrote:

Upgrading units should use manpower,, but a fraction of the initial cost, as you can't just wave a magic wand to upgrade your units, someone actually has to do the physical labour to get the desired result, after the unit has been taken out of the line [as would have happened in real life].
      Dont know man, they cost so much manpower its silly, if you upgrade a division in real life, you dont change all soldiers or half of them or anythin, you just provide improved equipment.
      Right now, if you get huge too fast, you cant really upgrade anything, cos making units drains your manpower so quick, that you needa stop building anything for days, to just keep up with upgrades.
    • rarara555 wrote:

WascallywabbitCDN wrote:

Upgrading units should use manpower,, but a fraction of the initial cost, as you can't just wave a magic wand to upgrade your units, someone actually has to do the physical labour to get the desired result, after the unit has been taken out of the line [as would have happened in real life].
      Dont know man, they cost so much manpower its silly, if you upgrade a division in real life, you dont change all soldiers or half of them or anythin, you just provide improved equipment.Right now, if you get huge too fast, you cant really upgrade anything, cos making units drains your manpower so quick, that you needa stop building anything for days, to juith upgrades.
      The new equipment also doesn't magically appear. Someone has to develop it, build it, transport it, and train units in its use. For every 1 soldier at the front, there are many times more than that behind him, supporting and supplying him with everything he needs to fight.
    • rarara555 wrote:

blue44elephant wrote:

Dude, I really don't want to see France using tiger tanks.

blue44elephant wrote:

rarara555 wrote:

Guys, you dont get the idea. Theyll use same units, just diff doctrine (bonuses) - like in Hearts of Iron, etc. If you want low cost units, but shitty, why not allowed to do so as Communist Germany or whatever, they still be Tigers, just not Axis Doctrine Tigers.
      Doctrines should be selected at start tho, not allowed to be changed during game.
      oh ok
    • blue44elephant wrote:

rarara555 wrote:

oh no that would be a disaster the whole of Europe would fall
      One day there will be no more wars
    • rarara555 wrote:

Has been suggested many, many times before. The response to this is: Before a game starts, the country is controlled by AI. What doctrine does the AI have? If the doctrine switches when the player joins, this becomes unfair.

For example, let's say Country A is an AI, and Country B is a player, with Country B having Allies doctrine, and Country A having Comintern. Country B and Country A go to war, and Country B decides to mass produce weak units to overwhelm Country A, as Comintern countries have cheaper production, but they are weaker. Suddenly, a player joins, and chooses Country A, and decides to switch to the Axis doctrine. The AI has produced many troops, because they are cheap, but they were previously weak. Now, they have become powerful, as that is the Axis doctrine strength. Country B will stand no chance.

As you can see, it is more fair to have fixed doctrines.
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
    • DoctorDR1 wrote:

rarara555 wrote:

Has been suggested many, many times before. The response to this is: Before a game starts, the country is controlled by AI. What doctrine does the AI have? If the doctrine switches when the player joins, this becomes unfair.

For example, let's say Country A is an AI, and Country B is a player, with Country B having Allies doctrine, and Country A having Comintern. Country B and Country A go to war, and Country B decides to mass produce weak units to overwhelm Country A, as Comintern countries have cheaper production, but they are weaker. Suddenly, a player joins, and chooses Country A, and decides to switch to the Axis doctrine. The AI has produced many troops, because they are cheap, but they were previously weak. Now, they have become powerful, as that is the Axis doctrine strength. Country B will stand no chance.

As you can see, it is more fair to have fixed doctrines.
      Yes I agree we shouldn’t be allowed to switch doctrines