Which is better: noodles or pasta?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• eruth wrote:

vyliance wrote:

Little Racoon wrote:

Pasta was invented because some Italian wanted to make big bucks out of Chinese noodles...
      wait so pasta is fake chinese noodles? while ive heard of chinese products copying those from other countries, i've never heard of products from other countries copying chinese ones.
      Until the 1500s/1600s China was the most advanced civilization on Earth. They invented gunpowder, paper, compasses, big ships... hell, I'll just let this wikipedia article lay it out for you: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_inventions
      I read in a book once that the Ming had all the resources and technology they needed to colonise the New World before the Spaniards, but they were never seriously interested. Now imagine if North and South America had become Chinese colonies ...
      We're always looking for top players to play together and learn from. Apply to Tokugawa Bakufu ( alliance code : KIOTO ) if you are a like-minded individual and wish to improve your game.

Whenever feasible, one should always try to eat the rude.

• Polish pasta, either pyrogi or regular, with or without sausage...

You cannot, and you will not, fight this...

Noodles. Only if its the best.

These days quality of take away has dropped, the best food is home made and fresh.
      Some restaurant/take away businesses will make really good food when they are first open for about 1 or 2 months...then as usual, the quality declines. Asian and South East Asian restaurants would arguably be the main mover of this causation.

But none of this is as concerning as pineapple on pizza. Good luck food businesses during the covid thing...

Do you see this pic...it is Polish style pasta...never gets old.
    • Looks yummy.

I offer you spaghetti al nero di seppia, my favourite kind of pasta, made with cuttlefish and its ink ;)
      Images
      • f.jpg

406.17 kB, 1,200×1,200, viewed 157 times
      We're always looking for top players to play together and learn from. Apply to Tokugawa Bakufu ( alliance code : KIOTO ) if you are a like-minded individual and wish to improve your game.

• yea i

eruth wrote:

vyliance wrote:

Little Racoon wrote:

Pasta was invented because some Italian wanted to make big bucks out of Chinese noodles...
      wait so pasta is fake chinese noodles? while ive heard of chinese products copying those from other countries, i've never heard of products from other countries copying chinese ones.
      Until the 1500s/1600s China was the most advanced civilization on Earth. They invented gunpowder, paper, compasses, big ships... hell, I'll just let this wikipedia article lay it out for you: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_inventions
      yea i like that part of chinese history but like by the opium war, the chinese government had become very weak and could chase the british away. ok, this is understandable, the only asian country to have defeated a western power is japan.
      One day there will be no more wars
    • vyliance wrote:

yea i

eruth wrote:

yea i like that part of chinese history but like by the opium war, the chinese government had become very weak and could chase the british away. ok, this is understandable, the only asian country to have defeated a western power is japan.
      Vietnam beat the US pretty handily. Indonesian rebels beat the Dutch. The mongols beat the Russians and Poles.
    • Gotta love how a harmless thread about yummy food turns into a pseudo-historical debate. The things you see on Call of War. :rolleyes:

• eruth wrote:

bigboss_ironfist wrote:

So what eruth.....your statement is not required.
      Neither is this thread. Neither was your statement. None of this is really necessary.

This thread and my statement was probably one of the most required thread & statements that there has been on this forum, or any other forum for that matter, in a very, very, very long time.

• Marechal Saoul wrote:

I read in a book once that the Ming had all the resources and technology they needed to colonise the New World before the Spaniards, but they were never seriously interested. Now imagine if North and South America had become Chinese colonies ...
      However, the distance between Ming China and the Americas is roughly twice the distance between Europe and the Americas. Given this distance, it would take much more effort to colonize the Americas. Of course, as you stated, it's possible, but the cost of colonizing some unknown lands far outweighs the profit that it may bring. If the Chinese had wanted to colonize land so bad, they could've colonized Southeast Asia, possibly near the Malacca Strait, or East Africa, where they have some contact with the locals, or maybe even Europe, as it was still a backwater place compared to China at the peak of Ming power (which I guess was the 15-1600s?) even with its renaissance.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • There has been known contact across the west end of the silk road, that contact was made between the Parthians and the Chinese, an embassy was also constructed, little is know about this, however it has been suggested that the Chinese and Persian emissaries did trade and that this may have included captured Roman citizens from the near east, in Syria, Antioch and Edessa. One might also mention the short lived Palmyrene empire, in 273 AD (nothing to do with Kelvin) the year of the five emperors (it could be four) that the city of Palmyra was sacked, pillaged and this centre as a trading zone lost much of its originality. The city of Palmyra was a trading zone that connected East & West, goods included spice, silk, incense, drugs and variable other items, including foods. Note: Caesar & Christ by Will Durant...CH. The Traders.

These kinds of understandings will support the connections of food culture across the fertile crescent.
      Here in question is Noodles & Pasta, which is better?,there is no right or wrong answer, just a long and ambiguous history of East & West. Which one influenced the other more so?...we will never know..the historical connections are vague and much of what could be emphasized is not required.

The post was edited 1 time, last by bigboss_ironfist ().