Which is better: noodles or pasta?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• blue44elephant wrote:

Noodles were invented because the guy was on tight budget and pasta was expensive. ^^ ^^
      Pasta was invented because some Italian wanted to make big bucks out of Chinese noodles...

Anyway, I like the noodles offered in Hong Kong noodle shop (especially with beef). It's one of the few kinds of noodles/pasta that I absolutely enjoy the taste of.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Little Racoon wrote:

blue44elephant wrote:

Noodles were invented because the guy was on tight budget and pasta was expensive. ^^ ^^
      Pasta was invented because some Italian wanted to make big bucks out of Chinese noodles...
      Anyway, I like the noodles offered in Hong Kong noodle shop (especially with beef). It's one of the few kinds of noodles/pasta that I absolutely enjoy the taste of.
      I never actually got to taste the real noodles but I would get my self the cup noodles back in the day
    • blue44elephant wrote:

I never actually got to taste the real noodles but I would get my self the cup noodles back in the day
      I don't really like the noodles in cup noodles itself, but the soup is always amazing.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • DoctorDR1 wrote:

Noodles all the way. The real question is whether spaghetti is a noodle or a pasta.
      Spaghetti technically counts as pasta as most people associate pasta as Italian noodles, and spaghetti falls into that category.

• I really love noodles, the broth, the soup, the accompaniments, garnish, the meat and the vegetables. it is just the perfect and complete meal for me! I like pasta but I like noodles better especially Ramen and varied noodles that I have tried both local and foreign noodle meals.
      "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

- Sun Tzu

"Diplomacy works with leverage!"

-Krieg Maker

"We can wage an attrition war forever with no goal, if one is found otherwise!"

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker
    • KriegMaker wrote:

I really love noodles, the broth, the soup, the accompaniments, garnish, the meat and the vegetables. it is just the perfect and complete meal for me! I like pasta but I like noodles better especially Ramen and varied noodles that I have tried both local and foreign noodle meals.
      I like how you sounded like a food tasting expert there.

• Little Racoon wrote:

KriegMaker wrote:

I really love noodles, the broth, the soup, the accompaniments, garnish, the meat and the vegetables. it is just the perfect and complete meal for me! I like pasta but I like noodles better especially Ramen and varied noodles that I have tried both local and foreign noodle meals.
      I like how you sounded like a food tasting expert there.
      I am studying under Hospitality Program in College... heheh
      "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

- Sun Tzu

"Diplomacy works with leverage!"

-Krieg Maker

"We can wage an attrition war forever with no goal, if one is found otherwise!"

-Krieg Maker

"The difference between flirting and diplomacy is that the former requires flattery, the latter requires assurance. Be sure to be in the position of power when trying to win through diplomacy!"

-Krieg Maker
    • Pasta are a type of noodles.
      It would be like asking "Which is better : bagels or bread" ? And half of you would still vote for bagels :S
      We're always looking for top players to play together and learn from. Apply to Tokugawa Bakufu ( alliance code : KIOTO ) if you are a like-minded individual and wish to improve your game.

Whenever feasible, one should always try to eat the rude.

• vyliance wrote:

Little Racoon wrote:

wait so pasta is fake chinese noodles? while ive heard of chinese products copying those from other countries, i've never heard of products from other countries copying chinese ones.
      You have much to learn about Ancient China, my friend...

• Little Racoon wrote:

vyliance wrote:

Little Racoon wrote:

wait so pasta is fake chinese noodles? while ive heard of chinese products copying those from other countries, i've never heard of products from other countries copying chinese ones.
      You have much to learn about Ancient China, my friend...
      well, in all honesty im a chinese, but not a chinese national mind you, and i've been very annoyed y the quality of chinese products. just the other day, the tape of this correction tape completely unraveled because i had used it too fast.
      One day there will be no more wars
    • vyliance wrote:

Little Racoon wrote:

Until the 1500s/1600s China was the most advanced civilization on Earth. They invented gunpowder, paper, compasses, big ships... hell, I'll just let this wikipedia article lay it out for you: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_inventions