right of way playing dirty

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• right of way playing dirty

iv been playing a couple of games where some players ask for right of way with every one. this seems to only take advantage of new players only to attack them especially when they go inactive more often than not, giving that player an advantage over the rest of the players on the map. shouldn't players who abuse this get sever restrictions for sharing with everyone. i dont personally wont to use this tactic as i feel it is only taking advantage of inexperienced players id rather win or lose with skill. what do overs think

The post was edited 1 time, last by ross6216 ().

• ross6216 wrote:

iv been playing a couple of games where some players ask for right of way with every one. this seems to only take advantage of new players only to attack them especially when they go inactive more often than not, giving that player an advantage over the rest of the players on the map. shouldn't players who abuse this get sever restrictions for sharing with everyone. i dont personally wont to use this tactic as i feel it is only taking advantage of inexperienced players id rather win or lose with skill. what do overs think
      It's a tactic. The only players at fault are those that permit the right of way. I never grant right of way outside of a coalition that I am in [which happens automatically]. Granting right of way is an open invitation to invasion.
    • Some players seem to excel in the 'dirty tricks' department. I was once in an alliance (100 player game) with a player who would accept a player into his alliance, then when a better player came along he would drop the lower ranked alliance member and attack him. While I consider these kind of tactics to be underhanded, I don't see that there is a remedy other than to mark that player's name and have no future dealings with him.
    • St. Sgt. JLD wrote:

Some players seem to excel in the 'dirty tricks' department. I was once in an alliance (100 player game) with a player who would accept a player into his alliance, then when a better player came along he would drop the lower ranked alliance member and attack him. While I consider these kind of tactics to be underhanded, I don't see that there is a remedy other than to mark that player's name and have no future dealings with him.
      When I was a noob, someone let me in his coalition and then kicked me and let in someone else so I declared war on him lol.
    • Honestly i think that right of way is tricky especially the new players because you can't see the other person's troops so it's easy to attack the other person since they can declare war easily once they get on your land. I only give right of way to players i know well who i trust. I use share map a bit more than right of way to see if they are a threat to me and/or allies. If they are a threat then i attack otherwise if they show no signs of being a threat either i keep share map or i send right of way.
    • ross6216 wrote:

I've been playing a few games now where some players build lots of aircraft. This seems only to take advantage of new players who don't know how to counter this tactic, especially since they go inactive more often than not, giving that player an advantage over the rest of the players on the map. Shouldn't players who abuse the game by using this intelligent tactic get severe restrictions on what they can build? I personally don't want to use this tactic as I feel it is only taking advantage of inexperienced players who don't know how to use AA. I'd rather win or lose with skill.
      /s
      EDIT: I don't know if every realized this but that was sarcasm. Very clear sarcasm meant to parody the OP. I even put /s and everything.

The post was edited 1 time, last by eruth ().

• eruth wrote:

ross6216 wrote:

I've been playing a few games now where some players build lots of aircraft. This seems only to take advantage of new players who don't know how to counter this tactic, especially since they go inactive more often than not, giving that player an advantage over the rest of the players on the map. Shouldn't players who abuse the game by using this intelligent tactic get severe restrictions on what they can build? I personally don't want to use this tactic as I feel it is only taking advantage of inexperienced players who don't know how to use AA. I'd rather win or lose with skill./s
      Well it is a war game and the goal is to win but we all have different strategies since this is a strategy game. Some players are impatient and others might not know how to win the game. I guess it depends on the player and their strategies.
    • A player has a choice when he runs into a situation like this: quit, or learn from it. In one of my first games I was doing great, I had invaded Sweden with a potent army. I was met by more artillery units than I had ever seen! I learned the value of artillery that day. Hopefully those new players will learn the value of aircraft, and not quit.
    • eruth wrote:

I've been playing a few games now where some players build lots of aircraft. This seems only to take advantage of new players who don't know how to counter this tactic, especially since they go inactive more often than not, giving that player an advantage over the rest of the players on the map. Shouldn't players who abuse the game by using this intelligent tactic get severe restrictions on what they can build? I personally don't want to use this tactic as I feel it is only taking advantage of inexperienced players who don't know how to use AA. I'd rather win or lose with skill./s
      You want a player to receive restrictions for using "intelligent tactics"? By that logic, players who play with unintelligent tactics should be rewarded. :wallbash You would rather a player "even the playing field" against an opponent instead of using his or her brain to win with a few casualties as possible? ... mindblowing :wallbash

The post was edited 1 time, last by WascallywabbitCDN ().

• revengegirl wrote:

eruth wrote:

Well it is a war game and the goal is to win but we all have different strategies since this is a strategy game. Some players are impatient and others might not know how to win the game. I guess it depends on the player and their strategies.

St. Sgt. JLD wrote:

A player has a choice when he runs into a situation like this: quit, or learn from it. In one of my first games I was doing great, I had invaded Sweden with a potent army. I was met by more artillery units than I had ever seen! I learned the value of artillery that day. Hopefully those new players will learn the value of aircraft, and not quit.

WascallywabbitCDN wrote:

eruth wrote:

You want a player to receive restrictions for using "intelligent tactics"? By that logic, players who play with unintelligent tactics should be rewarded. :wallbash You would rather a player "even the playing field" against an opponent instead of using his or her brain to win with a few casualties as possible? ... mindblowing :wallbash
      I don't know if every realized this but that was sarcasm. Very clear sarcasm meant to parody the OP. I even put /s and everything. My point was that asking for ROW is an intelligent tactic and I think it's silly that the OP thinks players should be restricted in using that tactic.
    • eruth wrote:

revengegirl wrote:

eruth wrote:

St. Sgt. JLD wrote:

A player has a choice when he runs into a situation like this: quit, or learn from it. In one of my first games I was doing great, I had invaded Sweden with a potent army. I was met by more artillery units than I had ever seen! I learned the value of artillery that day. Hopefully those new players will learn the value of aircraft, and not quit.

WascallywabbitCDN wrote:

eruth wrote:

I don't know if every realized this but that was sarcasm. Very clear sarcasm meant to parody the OP. I even put /s and everything. My point was that asking for ROW is an intelligent tactic and I think it's silly that the OP thinks players should be restricted in using that tactic.
      Ohh i didn't know you were being sarcastic either i thought you meant it like CDN said.
    • Okay, some may use this as a tactic to invade others, while some like myself use it to help keep Global Popularity in check so the AI doesn't attack you as often. Also, this helps with those of us that have fire controls if you are listed by me as having right of way I don't have to worry about my troops especially long range troops firing on your troops.

I don't usually ask for right of way in return, and most of the time only use it for real players if I don't want to trigger a war. Also, as stated it allows me to maintain good relations with the AI so I am not at war with the whole AI world.

As with anything it is a balance for all players to learn when to accept relations and when not to accept relations. I always assume someone I am not in a coalition or alliance in a map is an enemy.
      PrinceofHonor
      Senior Moderator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click here to submit a bug report or support ticket