Weather suggestion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Weather suggestion

Do you think it would be a good idea to introduce weather into call of war? 11
        No (7) 64%
        Yes (4) 36%
      HI! This is my first thread ever on the call of war forum (very excited) and I have a suggestion.

So I have a suggestion for a new combat feature and that is the weather. The weather was so important during the Second World War and I think that it would make the strategy more interesting. So the weather affects the speed at which a unit moves at and it attack and defence. The weather would also vary depending on the area so Africa is sunnier, Britain is wetter and windier etc. Now the question on how it would be implemented, well I have an ideas which is there is a dice roll in each region at the start of the day on what the weather is in the region and whatever the weather is, an icon of the type of weather will appear next to where the terrain icon is, you will be able to see what kind of weather there is on the map (just like you can see mountains and forests for the terrain) and I think it would be a cool idea if you could go to settings and change the map to show the weather in each province (so if a province is white there is snow or if it is blue it is raining etc) like moral. I would love the mechanic of weather to be introduced into the game (as we all know that is the reason why the Germans struggles in Russia) but I am very open to new ways of implementing it.
    • This has been suggested before...but I vote no. Weather would make the game too complicated, and it already is sorta hard to understand, and new players usually take more than a month to discover all the features of the game. Also it would make the game more based on luck A bit too much since it is already is a LOT about luck.
    • willeam5th wrote:

I would love the mechanic of weather to be introduced into the game (as we all know that is the reason why the Germans struggles in Russia) but I am very open to new ways of implementing it.
      The "reason" in Russia was not weather or season, but an negligent german misjudgment about the duration of the russian campaign.
      Euphoric from the previous Blitzkrieg successes the Krauts thought they were back home for Christmas and rushed to Moscow only in summer equipment -- whith this fundamental mistake the end started already with the beginning.

But weather itself was and is the same for all participants in a battle and in CoW so far all units of all countries automatically have equipment for all climatic and weather conditions.
      (smaller weather-related advantages or disadvantages in combat are automatically simulated by the X factor in this game)

So that means, before in this game actually "really bigger weather-related consequences" can take effect as such you are alluding to with the german Russia-Campaign, the units need a management-system with a setting option "equipment"..
      ..to be set by the player separately for each unit -- and possibly several times a day, because depending on the maps speed, there can be several seasons in one day; who really whant's to do so..?

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D

The post was edited 4 times, last by Restrisiko ().

• RiverWolf74 wrote:

This has been suggested before...but I vote no. Weather would make the game too complicated, and it already is sorta hard to understand, and new players usually take more than a month to discover all the features of the game.
      Ditto! ... Also CoW having problems with servers handling the current load, causing my game to freeze occasionally. Thus adding new complexities and related code would increase current server load ... :thumbup:
    • Its been recommended since I can remember. Yes itd be something cool but new players wouldnt understand it as stated before theres plenty to learn in this game espicially now with the doctrines added now theres specific metas for each which everyone is having to figure out which units go best with what
      The greatest weakness to a leader is his himself