Ability to downgrade

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ability to downgrade

Might be a useful feature as when you are progressing units cost more an more an take longer to make. The idea would be to make units be able to downgrade instead of always having to build units at the level of your research make it to where you can decide if you want a different level unit.

Example: You are at research lvl 4 for inf but you noticed your enemy is advancing quickly an you only have lvl 1 barracks so you decide to create lvl 1 infantry since they are quicker to make to attempt to stop the advancing enemy.

Dont know if this would ever be added but it could be benificial since now when you upgrade your research your units need reasources to upgrade because now you can still have lvl1 units mixed with lvl 3. Would also allow some more real perspective because not every unit would be with the latest equipment.
      The greatest weakness to a leader is his himself
    • General Tarkov wrote:

Might be a useful feature as when you are progressing units cost more an more an take longer to make. The idea would be to make units be able to downgrade instead of always having to build units at the level of your research make it to where you can decide if you want a different level unit.

Example: You are at research lvl 4 for inf but you noticed your enemy is advancing quickly an you only have lvl 1 barracks so you decide to create lvl 1 infantry since they are quicker to make to attempt to stop the advancing enemy.

Dont know if this would ever be added but it could be benificial since now when you upgrade your research your units need reasources to upgrade because now you can still have lvl1 units mixed with lvl 3. Would also allow some more real perspective because not every unit would be with the latest equipment.
      I disagree with this. I think that the question of "how long do I want my units to take" should be something you have to consider while choosing your research; it adds another layer of strategy to that.
    • eruth wrote:

General Tarkov wrote:

I disagree with this. I think that the question of "how long do I want my units to take" should be something you have to consider while choosing your research; it adds another layer of strategy to that.
      Im talking about from the realism aspect. It also adds a layer of strategy
      The greatest weakness to a leader is his himself