In 1.5 can a commando move into a country without declaring war?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• In 1.5 can a commando move into a country without declaring war?

With commandos being "stealth" I thought I could move them into a nation without war being declared. But when I selected a commando and selected it to move into another nation I got the usual warning saying if I move it in, it means war will be declared?

If commandos are stealth and an amored car or interceptor doesn't see it, why can't they move in without war being declared?
    • Commandoes are probably the best fighting infantry unit you can get in 1.0- and I have lots of them by the middle of the game. Vorlon said in a previous thread: 'The idea behind commandos being only producible at your capital is designed so that you may only produce a limited number of them'. To give them the ability to be stealth would give them a tremendous advantage over other regular ground troops ... 8)
    • gusv wrote:

Commandoes are probably the best fighting infantry unit you can get in 1.0- and I have lots of them by the middle of the game. Vorlon said in a previous thread: 'The idea behind commandos being only producible at your capital is designed so that you may only produce a limited number of them'. To give them the ability to be stealth would give them a tremendous advantage over other regular ground troops ... 8)
      But in 1.5 you can produce commandos anywhere...
    • gusv wrote:

Commandoes are probably the best fighting infantry unit you can get in 1.0- and I have lots of them by the middle of the game. Vorlon said in a previous thread: 'The idea behind commandos being only producible at your capital is designed so that you may only produce a limited number of them'. To give them the ability to be stealth would give them a tremendous advantage over other regular ground troops ... 8)
      That's why my post mentions in 1.5

In 1.5 Commandos can be produced anywhere and they are invisible/stealthy so other countries can't see them move. They can be detected by interceptors or armored cars/motorized infantry that are level 3 or higher but otherwise invisible. So if they are invisible, why can't they go into another country without having a war declared?
    • Natural rules of movement dictate that without permission to cross (right of way) that war will be the result of passing through any province centers along the way.

Now if you can find a road with no province centers and no enemy units you will be able to travel along it without declaring war.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • gusv wrote:

RiverWolf74 wrote:

that could be useful...you could hide a unit in an AIs land but no in the center of a province...and if you are attacked And pushed back you can send the unit out of the AI naction and surprise the enemy.
      Though I rarely use that tactic, I believe that you can do this in 1.0 too.
      Yeah don’t use this tactic too much because I’m pretty sure it decrease your popularity with AI when you move troops onto their land
    • Rick Di Lorenzo wrote:

gusv wrote:

That's why my post mentions in 1.5
      In 1.5 Commandos can be produced anywhere and they are invisible/stealthy so other countries can't see them move. They can be detected by interceptors or armored cars/motorized infantry that are level 3 or higher but otherwise invisible. So if they are invisible, why can't they go into another country without having a war declared?
      Because then Commandos would be overpowered. You would sneakily position them in capitals or industrial centers, wait until most troops are moved away and deliver a crippling blow to an enemy without any warning.