Troops can't move directly from Damascus to Beirut (and opposite)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Troops can't move directly from Damascus to Beirut (and opposite)

I am playing 1939 Blitzkrieg map, and I'm the Prime Minister of Great Britain.

The game was doing fine when I noticed something extraordinary in Middle east. My troops that are settled in Damascus, can't move to Beirut DIRECTLY (and opposite), even if obviously there is a line connecting 2 provinces. I can move almost anywhere on that line, but not close to a dot where the damascus/beirut is.

Also I want to add this:

The troops which are being represented are in Damascus (tank brigade.)The red square is my first marching point. When I try to add a target, and march towards Damascus, my troops use the way back to Beirut, and through Turkey, as a default way, and wont go directly to Damascus.

I hope you will solve this problem quickly and responsively.

Best of regards,
      Filip. :beer:
    • I've reported this issue both in the in-game bug reports as well as here in the forums. I think it has something to do with the road connecting the two cities not linking up quite right when they built the map. If one could zoom much closer, they could see an overlap that I think is the source of the routing error.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • It's just a tiny, little mismanagment in a very good game. :) They will fix it eventualy, so no worries I guess.

Would it make a bug if I say that I have noticed that some troops pick a ''longer route'' from point A to point B?
      I'm not sure about If the game is set up like that (it doesn't automaticaly pick the fastest route from point A to point B) or it's a bug.

I've seen this various times, the faster route is the one when I add multiple marching targets.

If the answer is yes, a new thread shall rise.
    • The Damascus-Beirut pathfinding bug.
      I occasionally notice the latter, but when I check out times etc. the non-direct route does seem faster (except on the occasions where it has to avoid provinces you must attack to pass through, in which case it will try and map it with the fewest of these encounters)
      Kalantigos
      Master Chief Petty Officer.
      Game Moderator
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | Call of War
    • That bad path-finding bug isn't really a bug. It seems that the auto-plotting tries to find paths through provinces with morale greater than 50% or maybe just greater than the possible-rebellion threshold of 35%. The later would make sense from a game designer's point of view to prevent a path-found route suddenly passing through another player's territory should a successful rebellion give the province to somebody else. Then, the auto-war would cause new problems for you.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3