[Question] Resource boosted countries in CoW 1.5?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Question] Resource boosted countries in CoW 1.5?

I'm currently playing 2 separate games of Conflict of Nations 1.5 (the 22 person Europe), but some countries are making 60% more resources in all of their provinces than others.

My capital, a double iron tile that produces 6000 iron/day base (+10% for IC level 1)

(see figure 1)
      A french double iron tile, with the same morale, same IC level, also produces 6600 iron/day

(see figure 2)
      This is the same case across all resources, money, and manpower for every country except 3: Libya, Egypt, and the Confederacy

(see figure 3)
      Less morale, same level of IC, same other buildings. Why are they producing 23% more resources?

Furthermore, this resource increase even applies to occupied countries that they take over.

Me, right after taking Athens
      (see figure 4)

Egypt, right after taking Mosul(same applies for the other 2 "resource boosted" countries I was talking about)
      (see figure 5)

ALSO, to top it all off, all three of them started with a free medium tank on day 1??

Then I joined a random 22 person game with random people, and in that game about 75% of the countries were resource boosted.Game 2: Belgrade is at the same amount of iron/h (6000)But now, in game 2, France is resource boosted, and makes more resources??

(see figures 6 a

If someone could explain this to me I would be very very happy,

[EDIT]: This forums website has a lot of trouble with images, so you might have to refer to the images uploaded at the bottom in order to see the differences in resources (however you can see even in the cropped images that the money and manpower are higher for resource boosted countriees)
      Images
      • 1.png

71.96 kB, 347×197, viewed 1 times
      • 2.png

100.07 kB, 443×217, viewed 2 times
      • 3.png

99.97 kB, 455×212, viewed 2 times
      • 4.png

95.14 kB, 468×207, viewed 1 times
      • 5.png

93.61 kB, 470×199, viewed 1 times
      • 6.png

77.68 kB, 426×190, viewed 1 times
      • 7.png

84.46 kB, 466×196, viewed 1 times
    • This may be due to the buildings you have in the province. If the province has industries, then it will produce more. Otherwise, some provinces DO produce up to 3 times more than others, but the average of every country is the same. So if one of your provinces produce very few resources, then some other province will produce a lot.
    • I am well aware that this is the way it worked in CoW 1.0
      However, in my CoW 1.5 games (both of them), this is not the case.

Every single country has 5 cities and 6 rural resource provinces, each city produces a lot of each of the 5 different resources, while the rural resources produce less, but still count.

The issue is, there are 3 countries on the map (and a lot more than 3 in my other game) that have 5 resource cities and 6 resource provinces, but every single province produces 60% more resources than that of the rest of the world.

It's not about buildings, I can promise that, as in CoW 1.5 only the industrial complex increases resource production, and i'm comparing cities with IC's to other cities with IC's

I even went ahead and added up the total resources daily (excluding money) of some of the core tiles of countries on the map:

Yugoslavia: around 32,000
      Ukraine: 32,000
      Libya: 52,400

This is on day 2, and i'm only counting core provinces.

I've played CoW 1.0 for years, believe me, I understand the basics of how resources work. My question is in regards to CoW 1.5 only, and why some countries make 60% more resources on every single tile compared to others.

RiverWolf74 wrote:

This may be due to the buildings you have in the province. If the province has industries, then it will produce more. Otherwise, some provinces DO produce up to 3 times more than others, but the average of every country is the same. So if one of your provinces produce very few resources, then some other province will produce a lot.
    • Nevermind, looks like I found the issue

Apparently, when players are playing a "tutorial" game, they get 60% more resources on every province, and start with a free medium tank. This is completely broken and should be removed, as new players can go into any game they want, with other players that don't get this resource boost.

I'm an experienced player but having 150 victory points and having a worse economy than a "tutorial" player with 50 victory points is asinine.
    • RiverWolf74 wrote:

New players CANNOT go into any game they want, the 60% bonus only applies to the first game they join, their first tutorial clash of nationals.
      This is false. I bought high command so that I could create a private game and invite 13 of my friends to play. It was the first time for 5 of them, but I had 2 of them play through the tutorial and had the rest immediately close out / not join the tutorial.

Instead, they joined my private game for their first game, and have a 40% resource boost on every tile + free medium tank to start. If they can join my private game as their "tutorial" game, I assume they could have joined whatever game they wanted.

Additionally, I joined a random 22 person game on the front page because I wanted to play on my own, and in that game around 75% of the players are resource boosted. Why would anyone bother playing if other countries, even if it's the first game on that account, have a 40% resource bonus?
    • hora6112 wrote:

RiverWolf74 wrote:

New players CANNOT go into any game they want, the 60% bonus only applies to the first game they join, their first tutorial clash of nationals.
      This is false. I bought high command so that I could create a private game and invite 13 of my friends to play. It was the first time for 5 of them, but I had 2 of them play through the tutorial and had the rest immediately close out / not join the tutorial.
      Instead, they joined my private game for their first game, and have a 40% resource boost on every tile + free medium tank to start. If they can join my private game as their "tutorial" game, I assume they could have joined whatever game they wanted.

Additionally, I joined a random 22 person game on the front page because I wanted to play on my own, and in that game around 75% of the players are resource boosted. Why would anyone bother playing if other countries, even if it's the first game on that account, have a 40% resource bonus?
      well as long as it was their first match then...yeah they will have the bonus.
    • I feel like the resource boost should be removed. The free medium tank is fine I guess, but an experienced player can just make a new account and win every single game they play in, additionally, I won the first game of call of war I played, and I cannot imagine how unfair it would have been for my opponents if I had 40% more resources.

The boost even applies to your occupied territory, meaning you even snowball 40% faster.
    • Well, if you make a new account, you will be banned if you multi account.Also if you make a new account you lose all your old progress. If you are experienced and someone else is new, even though they have more resources, they don’t know tips like building infrastructure to increase production and things like that, which allows you to have an advantage in battles with them and increasing your current production rate. In my first ever game, I had negative food and oil, even with the bonus.
    • hora6112 wrote:

RiverWolf74 wrote:

Because a new player DEFINITELY knows to do that; honestly, just report it as a bug because that sounds like more of an oversight than an intended feature. The reason newbies get the big boost is to discourage experienced players from joining lots of tutorial rounds to farm off newbies/insta quitters. Does it work? IDK.