Building Industries useless

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Building Industries useless

Industries seems totally useless for 1.5 version I'm playing with Germany
      with germany I'm running to all middle europe and production of my manpower and resources increasing with all invasions and at the same time I can keep to produce new units ıf I would build ındustries I couldnt do this

for example my province has 6k production If I have a level 5 ındustry ıt will be 12k production 12000/24=500 more production for hour ıt doesnt seem very well ıt needs to much resource to upgrade
      invasion seems more easier than this
      If I invade a enemy city with 6k production I will have %25 of it this means 1500/24=62 more production for hour If I capture 8 enemy cities from same resource I dont need to build level 5 ındustry

For manpower If I build level 5 ındustry 600/24=25 more manpower for hour from one city for 5 cities it will 125 more manpower for hour

what do you think about it ? I see many people trying to build ındustries at the beginning of game why ??

The post was edited 2 times, last by Undaunted ().

• GeneralAumSum wrote:

factories are still good. Just make barracks and ordnance and tank plants and secret labs and local ports and aircraft factories. Unit build time reduction is soooooo much faster when these are all max level.
      True! You need high level factories close to the front lines to produce units much faster and have an advantage. I easily defeated someone who only built lvl.1 buildings for this reason.
    • Undaunted wrote:

GeneralAumSum wrote:

In one game where I have level 5 of everything the build time takes less than 1 hour!!
      I was talking about ındustries not barracksbarracks can be well ıf you build heavy units but not for planes light tanks or ships
      you cant produce anything less than 1 hour all units has minumum production time
      I built many industries and it helps if u have a butload of consumption on ur manpower if added with infrastructure in 1-5
    • GeneralAumSum wrote:

Undaunted wrote:

GeneralAumSum wrote:

In one game where I have level 5 of everything the build time takes less than 1 hour!!
      I was talking about ındustries not barracksbarracks can be well ıf you build heavy units but not for planes light tanks or shipsyou cant produce anything less than 1 hour all units has minumum production time
      I built many industries and it helps if u have a butload of consumption on ur manpower if added with infrastructure in 1-5
      with 1.5 version game give 4-5k resource from each one will u produce units or build ındustry ? infrastructure is very luxury it is useless
    • You do not need high level industry to produce good troops. I ran the math and it takes about 8 days for an industrial complex to repay itself in resource production. That's so long that its barely worth the investment; far better to spend those resources upgrading production facilities and building new units to conquer new territories which will be far more profitable.
    • eruth wrote:

You do not need high level industry to produce good troops. I ran the math and it takes about 8 days for an industrial complex to repay itself in resource production. That's so long that its barely worth the investment; far better to spend those resources upgrading production facilities and building new units to conquer new territories which will be far more profitable.
      When I calculate that my result is that Industries and Local Industries repay itself after ~6 days. Which is a reasonable investment.

Let's take Industry for example:

To build lvl1-lvl5 you need to spend 36800 resources and 36300 money.
      It increases your provinces resource production from 6000 to 12000 and your money production from 6000 to 12000. It also increases your manpower production (important in mid to lategame) from 600 to 1200.
      So your resources would armortise after ~6 days (36800 / 6000), your money would armortise after ~6 days and after 6 days you would also have an extra 3600 manpower. If you include the manpower gain into the calculation then the repaying happens between 5 and 6 days.

Local Industry costs 15700 resources and nets 3000 resources extra per day, and costs 15550 money and nets 1800 money extra per day. So resources would be repaid after a bit more than 5 days (15700 / 3000), while money would be repaid after 8.5 days (15550 / 2000), so both combined in 6.75 days. But you also get a net bonus of ~1000 manpower after 6.75 days, if you include that into the calculation the number is closer to 6 days.
    • freezy wrote:

eruth wrote:

You do not need high level industry to produce good troops. I ran the math and it takes about 8 days for an industrial complex to repay itself in resource production. That's so long that its barely worth the investment; far better to spend those resources upgrading production facilities and building new units to conquer new territories which will be far more profitable.
      When I calculate that my result is that Industries and Local Industries repay itself after 5-6 days. Which is a reasonable investment.
      Let's take Industry for example:

To build lvl1-lvl5 you need to spend 36800 resources and 36300 money.
      It increases your provinces resource production from 6000 to 12000 and your money production from 6000 to 12000. It also increases your manpower production (important in mid to lategame) from 600 to 1200.
      So your resources would armortise after ~6 days (36800 / 6000), your money would armortise after ~6 days and after 6 days you would also have an extra 3600 manpower. If you include the manpower gain into the calculation then the repaying happens between 5 and 6 days.

Local Industry costs 15700 resources and nets 3750 resources extra per day, and costs 15550 money and nets 2250 resources extra per day. So resources would be repaid after a bit more than 4 days (15700 / 3750), while money would be repaid after a little under 7 days (15550 / 2250), so both combined in 5-6 days. Plus a small amount of extra manpower.
      I have a oil city ıt has 6k production at one day ıf I have level 5 ındustry production will increase from 6000 to 12000 this means I will have more 6k oil at day 6000/24 = 250 more oil for per hour
      If I invade an enemy oil city it will give me %25 of production (6000*25)/100=1500 more production for one day 1500/24 =62 more oil production for per hour
      so it means If I invade 4 enemy oil cities I will have same production If I would have built level 5 ındustry
      62*4 = 248 more oil for per hour

level 5 ındustry increases manpower from 600 to 1200 +600 more manpower for a day
      when I invade an enemy province I will get +150 +112 +37 manpower for a day according to its size If I invade 4 big enemy cities I will get same manpower If I would have built level 5 ındustry 150+150+150+150=600

am I wrong ? my english is not best I hope u understand me and I hope my calculations are true
      I see a lot of people trying to build factories at the beginning of game and they dont try to grow for weeks maybe months 4 enemy cities = level 5 ındustry ıt seems meaningless

The post was edited 1 time, last by Undaunted ().