Comintern Doctrine

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Comintern Doctrine

why noone like comintern doctrine ? do game developers think about it ?
      what is the advantage of comintern doctrine ? %15 less production cost really help ??
      what a country should produce with comintern doctrine ?
      is there any good country with comintern doctrine do you suggest ?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Undaunted ().

• Undaunted wrote:

what is the advantage of comintern doctrine ? %15 less production cost really help ??
      Comintern is my least favorite doctrine. Normally in a game when you look at the top players in most games usually they are axis and allies. But if you want to join a game as Russia, I would recommend not choosing a large nation, Because you will have morale problems. Caribbean is fun but Russia doesn’t have good navy research, which is bad. Countries in Africa are always good choices though.

I don’t really see the advantage of the doctrine, it isn’t really good, so as I said, I don’t recommend choosing
    • RiverWolf74 wrote:

Undaunted wrote:

Comintern is my least favorite doctrine. Normally in a game when you look at the top players in most games usually they are axis and allies. But if you want to join a game as Russia, I would recommend not choosing a large nation, Because you will have morale problems. Caribbean is fun but Russia doesn’t have good navy research, which is bad. Countries in Africa are always good choices though.
      I don’t really see the advantage of the doctrine, it isn’t really good, so as I said, I don’t recommend choosing

%15 really help to create a big army ?? for example If I decide to produce 10 tac bombers as allies
      I will pay 6100 goods 10060 man power 6100 oil 12200 rare 13700 money and ıt takes 30 hours

If I try it with comintern 5200 goods 8470 manpower 5200 Oil 10370 rare 11645 money and ıt takes 42 hours and 30 min

is there big difference ?? what will I produce with the difference ?

The post was edited 4 times, last by Undaunted ().

• GeneralAumSum wrote:

I don't do axis that much becaus ein the long term costs can get annoying so pan asian and alies are my favourite. Axis is good tho. However comitern just has drunk 2 much vodka!!!
      I only played pan-Asian once but I was killed by somebody with a axis doctrine because he attacked at the start of the game and his troops were stronger than mine :( I was some Chinese nation and I’m pretty sure it was Xing jiang who attacked me
    • RiverWolf74 wrote:

GeneralAumSum wrote:

I don't do axis that much becaus ein the long term costs can get annoying so pan asian and alies are my favourite. Axis is good tho. However comitern just has drunk 2 much vodka!!!
      I only played pan-Asian once but I was killed by somebody with a axis doctrine because he attacked at the start of the game and his troops were stronger than mine :( I was some Chinese nation and I’m pretty sure it was Xing jiang who attacked me
      oh if u used ur strong troops and used the advantage of fast speed units u would have won
    • GeneralAumSum wrote:

RiverWolf74 wrote:

GeneralAumSum wrote:

oh if u used ur strong troops and used the advantage of fast speed units u would have won
      I might play as a Pan-Asian nation soon but probably not now I already have many games going and want to play a few all countries all in matches too.
    • Undaunted wrote:

how about medium and heavy tanks + sp rocket artilleries in comintern doctrine :)
      Soinds good! But I think you should also make anti-air or else some planes, or else you will be vulnerable to air attack. If you are playing a country without borders to seam then that’s good. But if you are paying a country bordering or surround3d by sea, such as Caribbean, then you should get some navy too.
    • Hmm some of you guys are confusing the Comintern, Comintern is actually verify underrated here take a look at this comparison:
      750 food for lvl 1 infantry:Comintern
      950 food for lvl 1pan Asian infantry

now let’s take it up a notch

950 food for lvl3 comintern infantry
      1.1k for lvl3 pan Asian infantry

As you can see the Comintern doctrine is actually the best because at the end of the game as they become insanely cheaper than everyone in the game and everything is cheap you must utilize mass production (producing in large quantities at the same time not high level factories I mean mass production.
      A big plus is medium tank spamming.
      Axis is expensive and sometimes inefficient Cominternn is best to strike at many sides at the same time (artillery is the best) and utilize guerilla warfare and over flanking.
    • No doctrine can be described as the 'best' or 'worst', because everyone has a different playing style.

On a different thread I'm in, a few people have been arguing that Axis (its opposite) is better, because of the sheer amount of power one unit can provide.

It also depends on how well you manage your industry and relations; if you can arrange to have vast supplies of all resources by mid-to-late game - and I have done this - the costs involved become irrelevant and it's more about how much force you can get to one place. For that, Axis is more efficient, because the number of units you can produce is limited by how many cities you have, so you want to optimise the units you have. I'd say Axis is one of the better doctrines for end game.

That said, I've never played Axis as it's blatantly unsuited to my own playing style of churning out armies for as long as I can afford to and not bothering about hitpoints until they're on the front line.
      Although I'm still a rookie, so I can't say this is standard, I've never seen an Axis nation last for very long. In the last game I was in the major axis players got wiped out pretty quickly, and the top nation was Comintern.
      It also depends very much on the player's ability to adapt to new doctrines - in that game, the top player is someone who generally prefers Allies and Pan-Asian, and rarely plays Comintern.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lady Aragosta: Thought of some more stuff to add after re-reading the rest of the thread. ().

• I am more suited for the Comintern doctrine as I always play it but as a side note it is very easy to handle it’s like every other doctrine maybe a bit weaker (-15% damage deduction is not that big of a difference) and since it is very cheap a good economic structure is enough to pack a huge (last game I was able to make 20 units every single day and all of them were lvl 3 infantry) as you can see it is cheap and of course every doctrine is as good as each other but I prefer Comintern as it fits my play style of spamming and being able to fight on many fronts (mostly defense).
      Although it’s downsides is the fact the problem with axis is pretty huge since axis is a lot more powerful but you can still manage if you are more prepared personally I like to make as much medium tanks in one day along with high level motorized or normal infantry and push the enemy, it’s like a blitzkrieg but for Comintern.
      But I do not recommend it as you need tons of experience to manage its dreadful and hell-bound play style that keeps me awake all night.
    • Here is the thing about the commie doctrine:long term number, and not half bad units.

Their cheaper cost may not seem worth the weaker units at first, but as the game goes on you’ll have (roughly, of course) 15% more units , which pitted against a smaller but stronger force of PA or Allied forces or an even smaller amount of axis can be overwhelming, and even if your units are left with low health they will heal and you can always make more.

But aside from the tactical side, your ability to make more units for less upkeep and cost really matters, as it can be painful as it snowballs. Remember, you will be able to have (ideally) 15% more troops, and these troops with lower upkeep will allow you to make even MORE!

All this, plus the fact you also get level 3 infantry, medium tanks, all types of planes, rocket artillery and more within 3 days means you can at least be quite balanced technologically. This prevents you from falling behind and means that you’ll have a large and decent force.

All these factors come together to make Comintern a very powerful doctrine if used correctly and allowed to survive long term. I’ve won Free for all games with this doctrine before, so I can state that commie doctrine is really strong and underrated. Just make sure to use it correctly and survive until the end game!

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate

The post was edited 1 time, last by Carking the 6th ().

• jackyyy wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

Here is the thing about the commie doctrine:long term number, and not half bad units.

Their cheaper cost may not seem worth the weaker units at first, but as the game goes on you’ll have (roughly, of course) 15% more units , which pitted against a smaller but stronger force of PA or Allied forces or an even smaller amount of axis can be overwhelming, and even if your units are left with low health they will heal and you can always make more.

But aside from the tactical side, your ability to make more units for less upkeep and cost really matters, as it can be painful as itsnowballs. Remember, you will be able to have (ideally) 15% more troops, and these troops with lower upkeep will allow you to make even MORE!

All this, plus the fact you also get level 3 infantry, medium tanks, all types of planes, rocket artillery and more within 3 days means you can at least be quite balanced technologically. This prevents you from falling behind and means that you’ll have a large and decent force.

All these factors come together to make Comintern a very powerful doctrine if used correctly and allowed to survive long term. I’ve won Free for all games with this doctrine before, so I can state that commie doctrine is really strong and underrated. Just make sure to use it correctly and survive until the end game!
      To use the Comintern doctrine correctly, you should start by focusing on building up a good economy and resources to support your large army. Make sure to take advantage of Comintern's ability to quickly build up a large army by training up your troops and producing more units as soon as possible. Then you should focus on upgrading your troops and technology, as this will allow you to stay competitive with other factions in terms of tech and firepower. Once your economy and military are established, you can use your large army to fight off enemy forces and capture territory. Finally, you should work towards the late game by using your large and resilient army to overwhelm other factions and win the game.
      That’s another thing, building a strong economy is ideal for it allows you to snowball further. Basically your goal should be to get a good economy, have a decent tech level, and remain at peace with most other players at the start. Then you use that all to build a strong army, grow the country further, and expand into a terrifying horde with advanced forces and crazy numbers, becoming more unstoppable with time.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate