New stat: Quitting percentage

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New stat: Quitting percentage

I think that most people can agree the main problem with CoW is the number of people who go inactive in every match. (Some might claim that the main problem is gold but they are wrong because I disagree with them so there.) Here's on thought I had that might be effective in curbing this problem: a new statistic in each player's profile that tracks the number of games in which they have NOT gone inactive before losing their last territory. This stat would have three effects.
      1: It would allow other players to judge this player's likeliness of quitting a game.
      2: It would modify the gold reward for winning a game. One way to work this would be to slightly raise base gold rewards and each player only gets the percentage of what they should have won corresponding to the percent of game in which they have not quit. Another way would be that player with below ~80% would get a penalty scaling down to 50% of the reward and players above 80% would get a reward scaling up to 125% or something.
      3: It could be used to 'gate' certain games. Some rounds would be open to everyone, some rounds would only be open to players with above 70%, some above 80%, and some above 90%. This way players who have proven themselves to stay in their games can play in rounds that will almost certainly remain full. 1 and 2 are pretty nice, but THIS is what I really want to be added.

Implementing this would reward players who stay in the game more (and are thus more likely to buy gold or high command, wink wink nudge nudge bytro this could make you money pls do it) by allowing them to play in rounds that stay full. I'm sure someone has had an idea like this before but I couldn't find it by searching the forum, so apologies if you've already seen something similar.
    • eruth wrote:

I think that most people can agree the main problem with CoW is the number of people who go inactive in every match.
      I agree ... However, I believe that it would be easier software-wise to have just one stat that shows games gone inactive by a certain day (5?). That would show the players that are quick to quit- though it may also show those that got overrun quickly in a small nation.
    • I also think that players should be able to quit games and then the country will be reset to before than player did anything as long as he quits less than 8h or something After he joined the game. Some people accidentally joined games, joined as a country they didn’t like, or just didn’t want to play anymore, and this would allow them to quit and a new player to take their place.
    • gusv wrote:

eruth wrote:

I think that most people can agree the main problem with CoW is the number of people who go inactive in every match.
      I agree ... However, I believe that it would be easier software-wise to have just one stat that shows games gone inactive by a certain day (5?). That would show the players that are quick to quit- though it may also show those that got overrun quickly in a small nation.
      The problem, as you stated, is that some people just die quickly. For this stat to be a fair measure of activity as opposed to skill it has to record whether you went inactive before you were eliminated. If bytro can program paratroopers to turn back into planes in 1.5 I think they can manage this.

RiverWolf74 wrote:

I also think that players should be able to quit games and then the country will be reset to before than player did anything as long as he quits less than 8h or something After he joined the game. Some people accidentally joined games, joined as a country they didn’t like, or just didn’t want to play anymore, and this would allow them to quit and a new player to take their place.
      That's something I hadn't considered but totally agree with. There should be an option (potentially only in the first day of within the first hour of joining a game, IDK) to just immediately quit the game and let someone else join as that nation.