1.5 Manpower Adjustments

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 1.5 Manpower Adjustments

I find that manpower has changed dramatically in 1.5 from 1.0.
      In 1.0, manpower was never really a worry for me. I always built Lv. 1 Barracks and then proceeded to gobble up my neighbors to get those juicy resources. After Day 1 I did not even notice the manpower resource anymore.
      I am glad that I actually have to watch my manpower now in 1.5. As no resource should be able to be ignored for most of the game. However, now I find the situation is reversed. Manpower seems to be in high demand later in the game because of how my 1.0 habits have influenced my game play. I always seek to maximize my resource production and that is done in 1.5 with building Industry on Urban provinces. However, Urban provinces and resource producing provinces in general produce less manpower than rural, non-resource producing provinces. The best way to increase manpower is to build Local Industry in provinces with no resources (except manpower and money). I find this counter-intuitive since Industry should require "Manpower" to work in it, instead of producing manpower.

My point is that the current buildings should be altered or additional buildings should be added to make manpower production a central and obvious part of the economy. Just like how the Barracks was the "manpower" building in 1.0, a similar building is needed.

1.5 is looking great so far but it can always get better!

Thank you for your time,
      Gauntlet
    • Thanks for the feedback!

We will reduce manpower costs of higher unit levels and increase the manpower boost for high level (Local) Industries in this new version, which will be in effect in new game rounds.

A new building to push manpower might also make sense, right now we didnt do it since we already introduced alot of new buildings and we wanted to have 1 building that stands for economic improvement. We will at least discuss the suggestion.