Release Notes - 2020-06-16

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Release Notes - 2020-06-16

Release Notes - 2020-06-16

Attention Generals!

With today’s release we are adding more late game unit skins (we are focusing on Ordnance units this time), adjusting historical unit names in CoW 1.5 and we are also fixing several bugs. In Addition, CoW 1.5 will receive a balancing update, which you can read more about by going here. These balancing changes will only apply to game rounds that are created after the update and will not affect existing game rounds.

Please find a complete list of today’s new features and bug fixes below.

New Features:
      • We added new early and late game skins for Ordnance units. Units with different skins are:
        • Anti Tank
        • Artillery
        • Anti Air
        • SP Anti Air
        • SP Artillery

General:
      • We changed the floating tooltip text of the patrol command to more accurately reflect its function.
      • We added the current refueling time of a unit to the army bar and the floating tooltip.
      • The time it takes for a plane to refuel is now displayed in the building details panel of buildings that allow refueling.
      • We adjusted historical names for some Allies, Comintern and Axis units according to community feedback.
      • The game end timer will now start appearing 7 days before the round ends. Until now it was visible for the entire round duration. In Addition, the “game information”- tab in the newspaper now displays the time until the round ends.
      • We made balancing changes to Call of War 1.5.
      Bug Fixes:
      • We fixed a bug that caused the Fire Control icon on the map to be displayed in the wrong spot.
      • We fixed a bug that caused the image for the Dominion end game timer to be displayed in non-dominion maps.
      • We fixed a bug that prevented the ranged attack arrow from being displayed consistently.
      • We fixed a bug on mobile that prevented players from scrolling down when reading a message that exceeded the initial message space.
      • We fixed a bug on mobile that caused the small plus icons to be missing when using the “add army” functionality.
      We hope you will enjoy the new unit skins and other additions and we wish you good luck on the battlefield!

Your Bytro Team
      Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • I thought this update had made corrections to the issue of provinces switching sides and units disappearing at day change. Is that not true?
      Today I lost 4 provinces and 3 units to the mysterious AI enigma that comes with each change of the day. There is no doubt my human opponent benefited enormously from this.

To understand the scope of this AI un-balancing intrusion into the round; during several days of fighting the Southern Invasion Horde, my boys never lost that much territory in a day to the actual human enemy during the entire war.

Scratching my head ... :(:*@$#
    • Balhog wrote:

I thought this update had made corrections to the issue of provinces switching sides and units disappearing at day change. Is that not true?
      Today I lost 4 provinces and 3 units to the mysterious AI enigma that comes with each change of the day. There is no doubt my human opponent benefited enormously from this.

To understand the scope of this AI un-balancing intrusion into the round; during several days of fighting the Southern Invasion Horde, my boys never lost that much territory in a day to the actual human enemy during the entire war.

Scratching my head ... :(:*@$#
      Revolt changes were not part of this update, but will be tweaked in future updates.

Balhog wrote:

A suggestion on Unit Upgrades to make it a little more inticing: Include healing a unit to 100% included in the upgrade. This could justify the added manpower costs. And certainly represents RL.
      Just a thought.
      That's a feature we wanted to bring together with upgrading, but was postponed due to code complexity. Maybe we will pull it out of our backlog at a later date (or maybe not)
    • Balhog wrote:

A suggestion on Unit Upgrades to make it a little more inticing: Include healing a unit to 100% included in the upgrade. This could justify the added manpower costs. And certainly represents RL.
      Just a thought.
      Would that be kind of OP ? Feel like upgrades are already worth it given its economy of scale. If upgrades heal, I can see how gold spenders would prioritise that to both strengthen and heal their units.
      We're always looking for top players to play together and learn from. Apply to Tokugawa Bakufu ( alliance code : KIOTO ) if you are a like-minded individual and wish to improve your game.

Whenever feasible, one should always try to eat the rude.

• Marechal Saoul wrote:

Balhog wrote:

Just a thought.
      Would that be kind of OP ? Feel like upgrades are already worth it given its economy of scale. If upgrades heal, I can see how gold spenders would prioritise that to both strengthen and heal their units.
      The upgrade system in 1.5 is all about spending gold. The major difference betseen 1.0 and 1.5 is pretty simple. It costs more if you want to win with 1.5 than it did with 1.0. In other words, the impact of spending gold or not is much higher.

If you examine the major changes in 1.5 need, and therefore incentive to spend gold, is the comman result for each of the changes. And for that matter, the changes that cause AI interactions at day change that cost players time and gold to compensate for. Its all about the revenue. Doesn't mean the game isn't fun or fair. It's just a bit more expensive if you want to win it seems.