Best strategies in naval battles?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SaskeOtaku wrote:

I've been wondering lately if there was any particular strategy for winning naval battles, doing as much damage as possible without losing too many troops or in many cases almost none, do you know about it?
      every unit has a different role destroyer protect battleships from submarines cruisers protect other ships from naval bombers battleships give damage to enemy ships submarines are not necessary for 1.5 version and ıt seems same cost almost with destroyer ıf you have aircraft carries and naval bombers submarine cant do anything for battle use destoyers + cruisers + battleships and try to add some aircraft carriers ıf you have resource mainly go battleships ıf you have enough from others
    • I think creating a group of ships to support each other is critical, convoy's with all ship groups balance each other out and dominate. The sub's freeze the other ship in place and it can't move once an attack starts, the stealth aspect of the sub is key to setting up a defense where a ship can't get close enough to attack a important sea port, they are frozen at that point out of the range of the port but within range of shore artillery and your other ships defending the port. I like to pair up a sub with a destroyer with a cruiser tucked out of range next to the sea port where they can provide both ship and shore anti-air support. Battle ships have a short range when bombarding land sea ports, most of the time they can't reach in as far as good SP artillery can reach out from shore. On the other hand they are very effective setting up a beach front when attacking islands and protecting your Convoy ships. My favorite is the high level aircraft carrier that can dominate the sea with sea planes and destroy land based troops with level 4 tactical bombers. Only level 4 or higher tactical bombers can be deployed on air craft carries, wish we had some choppers.
      "When in doubt don't empty the mag, tactical load a fresh one and save the partially full mag for last resort."
      HM2 Golden - Bird Farm Sailor - USS Ranger CV61
    • I basically conquered all of Oceania and most of the pacific islands as New Zealand. I used LOTS of aircraft carriers. They can have tac. bombers on them now at level 1 (check the new update, although when I played that match it wasn’t implemented yet )and also naval bombers, and can destroy many other ships and land units on islands. I also had subs and battleships, but didn't use many destroyers or cruisers.

The post was edited 2 times, last by RiverWolf74 ().

• hey Saske, u again!! Last time I answered your land units question. Time for navy.

The current meta is abusing subs and a bit of destroyer element. Destroyers are super effective against subs. Subs on the other hand is a stealth unit, that means u can’t spot it even within sight range. However... Naval bombers are good for spotting subs, so in case u notice an enemy spamming subs (via spies), u can start spamming destroyers and naval bombers. There’s still a twist though, cruisers are very good against planes, so I recommend subs and destroyers. Naval bombers are bonus.

Secondly, combination is important. In case u wanna produce battleships, u must have subs and destroyers accompany it. Battleships are especially weak against subs, so keep in mind to protect them.

Thridly, SBDE. U don’t need me to explain right?
    • SoulReaper wrote:

SaskeOtaku wrote:

certainly, more than composition, I wondered if there was any strategy for combat
      not really. Naval battles emphasise on composition more than strategy
      Well, it depends. Battles themselves rely on composition, but then again, all battles do. The strategy comes in when you decide what types of troops to place and where. For example, guarding your coast with subs, having destroyers, battleship groups, etc.
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine