What are the Attack and Defend conditions?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What are the Attack and Defend conditions?

When is a unit considered in an attack stance? I know that once a unit is ordered to attack something, that counts. Is any unit in transit between cities in attack stance? Does the same go for ships? (but because there isn't an Atlantis anywhere, I'm assuming stationary is considered defensive in the water.)What of artillery? Is bombardment considered attack if between provinces? Is railway artillery in a considered defensive if it fires from a city? Are the same conditions true for cruiser and battleship bombardment?
      -MrSneekie
    • Lets start with ground units.
      With ground Units (tanks,infantry, etc) they are considered in "attack position" if they are on the move and an enemy stops their ability to get to their destination. They are also in attack position if you order them to attack (which is kinda given).
      With artillery (railroad guns included) they will automatically go into "attack position" and proceed to attack if there is an enemy your at war with in range unless you have high command in which case you can set up how you want your troops to behave.
      With convoys (they are almost always in defensive mode) are only in attack mode if you send them to attack otherwise they will defend almost always (though with convoys it don't matter about their mode because if they arn't protected then they almost always will die. They also have the same states in both modes)
      With ships its mainly if you get attacked they defend but if you attack they attack. If they are stopped by an enemy they they will be in "attack position".
      With planes i don't believe i understand the mechanics myself despite being a level 50 player at the time of this writing
      (and yes i know this was posted in 2015 and that i'm late to the party)
      “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”
      Heraclitus
    • One thread on the forum that explains a bit about how a battle attack/defense works: goo.gl/jUix1R

Cinnashimp wrote:

With convoys (they are almost always in defensive mode) are only in attack mode if you send them to attack
      Not quite. The moving unit will attack. So a moving convoy will attack the submarine , other ship, or convoy that blocks the pathway.

Cinnashimp wrote:

With planes
      Patrol causes an attack on every unit within the patrol circle every 15 minutes at 25% of listed strength. A direct attack will do 100% of listed damage (subject to the x factor of course) and then require the plane to refuel.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Main Administrator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • I would just like to say thanks for clearing up some of my confusion with planes and fixing my understanding on convoys! You rock Vorlon!
      “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”
      Heraclitus