Defeating an enemy - questions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Defeating an enemy - questions

1. When you are the last person to 'finish off a player' why dont you get his armed forces? (It might make rebellion more realistic)

2. As above but why dont you get their stockpiled resources? To me this is a bit of a silly one that you dont, but I appreciate could get tricky in a coalition. I get why you wouldn't get gold, but oil and minerals etc. Find that odd.

I appreciate you get future ones, since you have occuppied a province, but dont get the stockpile thing.
    • Active players are free to maneuver their forces even if they have been driven from their last province. This allows more complex strategies than simply needing to hunker down in your last province and wait for death.

As you conquer each province you capture half of the prior days production of resources as long as the player has those in inventory.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Because when defeat is imminent resources will be hidden or destroyed to prevent the enemy from benefiting from them.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Yes but in the real world that is tosh. Yes there is the scorched earth policy but Britain left equipment at Dunkirk, French forces were a potential threat when they lost to Germany but were available to the Germans and the list goes on.

And as for money the french didn't burn all their cash did they?
    • You get half a nation's money when you conquer their capital. As for requisitioning armed forces, the Vichy French weren't "available" to the Germans; they only fought against the allies in defensive actions and, when the Germans tried to directly seize their fleet at Toulon, they scuttled the ships. Most of the minor axis powers were flipped to the allies near the end of the war but this was before they were entirely conquered; they flipped due to diplomacy, not conquest. As for Dunkirk, the British left equipment behind but the Germans would still have had to put men on those machines, and that was again NOT an example of the UK's armed forces coming under German control when the UK had been conquered; Dunkirk is a niche situation that doesn't need to be represented in CoW.
    • That may be but you wouldn't find all the goods, all the steel certainly not all the oil, and all the food destroyed would you when you invaded another country?

I appreciate dividing it up amongst various attackers might be an issue. Perhaps a solution is to re-allocate it according to province production so when a province is conquered those resources go to the victor who wins that province.

As for armed forces why cant some 'flee' to a friendly nation e.g. an ally in an alliance and become part of their forces. After all some forces of certain countries came under a quasi British control.
    • BladeFisher wrote:

That may be but you wouldn't find all the goods, all the steel certainly not all the oil, and all the food destroyed would you when you invaded another country?

I appreciate dividing it up amongst various attackers might be an issue. Perhaps a solution is to re-allocate it according to province production so when a province is conquered those resources go to the victor who wins that province.

As for armed forces why cant some 'flee' to a friendly nation e.g. an ally in an alliance and become part of their forces. After all some forces of certain countries came under a quasi British control.
      You do get part of the production from a province when you capture it, as Vorlon has already pointed out. Half of the previous day's production.
      As for the armed forces fleeing, this is not a WW2 history game. This is a grand strategy battle royale with ww2 theme. If you want your units to flee and support your allies then you'll have to command them yourself in that operation. It's rare for any units, except some ships, which are a vast minority of pretty much any CoW military, to survive the loss of their country, so this would be a mechanic that very rarely gets used.
    • BladeFisher wrote:

Thanks but for starters Polish and Czech pilots WWII, French Forces?

Appreciate reply.
      Poland and Czechoslovakia were conquered by Germany but their pilots fought with the UK AGAINST Germany. I think this is a very strong argument against getting the armed forces of a country you conquer. The French were split; some continued fighting as Free France independent of the UK, and some were loyal to Vichy France, separate from Germany. The Vichy French never took offensive action against the Allies, and when attacked they flipped far more quickly than the Germans did.